Anyone Else Experiencing Delays with CanadaPost Mailed Feb 22

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced delays with items mailed with CanadaPost on Feb 22, after the Monday holiday.

I've had enquiries from Buyers in US, UK and within Ontario saying they haven't received their shipments yet & it's been over 2 weeks. All mailed on that same day.

Tried to call CanadaPost Customer (lack of ) Service, but they're refusing calls and directing to their website, which of course says that they cannot answer all types of questions via email at this time!

Just wondering if anyone knows what is going on with them?

Thanks.
Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Anyone Else Experiencing Delays with CanadaPost Mailed Feb 22

magical-deals
Community Member
also if you guys have facebook, go to canada posts official page and make a post about packages after feb 22 still not arriving and the lack of customer service or caring or action when we try and call them for help. I will be doing so later today

This is effecting peoples livelihoods and they don't care, its a joke to them. Perhaps we can get them to do something or at least look into it and give us an explanation.

Their social media team may be able to escalate an issue if enough people complain, doesn't exactly look good on the company.
Message 21 of 37
latest reply

Just re-shipped the package to QC.
At least the customer was nice about it and blames Canada Post and not me.
I've send the replacement order via Purolator so that it will be overnight delivery.
Message 22 of 37
latest reply

I had one item from Feb. 23 to QC that was delivered today. Customer contacted me last week that CanadaPost says it should have come in 4 days. (maybe in CP's wet dream).

But have a look at this one: 7210029685221276

It's $400 Expedited Parcel, was out for delivery on 7th and been bouncing between two sorting centers since then.
Message 23 of 37
latest reply

But have a look at this one: 7210029685221276

It's $400 Expedited Parcel, was out for delivery on 7th and been bouncing between two sorting centers since then.

And of course customer is upset and it's as usually my fault
Message 24 of 37
latest reply

Interestingly, another lettermail envelope mailed to PEI on February 16th ALSO arrived yesterday March 14th. Strange that it arrived exactly the same day as the one a lot closer (Cambridge see earlier post), although who knows where they were for the almost month in between!
Message 25 of 37
latest reply

So far I have refunded one and re-shipped 2 of the packages mailed on the 22 of Feb.
I'm going to have to mark my calendar for the 45 days so that I can claim the insurance through Canada Post.
Message 26 of 37
latest reply

Me too, Canada post has been so brutal i think its time to change shipping vendors, way too many where is my item emails lately, its a job in itself to calm panicked buyers, yikes!
Message 27 of 37
latest reply

Now I'm getting them...2 so far today...but they were mailed in early March. It has been 2 weeks for one and just over 2 for the other.

We sent a card to some friends who live about 50 or 60 miles away 2 weeks ago and they just received it yesterday. Someone else DH knows sent a card within our city and it took a week to arrive.
Message 28 of 37
latest reply

I had a customer in the same city buy something on March 4th, it was mailed the same day with expedited. She emailed me last week asking where the package was.
I tracked it and the only scan was at the post office where I dropped it off.
I called Canada Post to open a claim as there was no movement on the package, as of Friday magically the package showed received in Mississauga!!
Good thing she is a repeat buyer and doesn't blame me for the delay.
Message 29 of 37
latest reply

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced delays with items mailed with CanadaPost on Feb 22, after the Monday holiday.

I've had enquiries from Buyers in US, UK and within Ontario saying they haven't received their shipments yet & it's been over 2 weeks. All mailed on that same day.

Tried to call CanadaPost Customer (lack of ) Service, but they're refusing calls and directing to their website, which of course says that they cannot answer all types of questions via email at this time!

Just wondering if anyone knows what is going on with them?

Thanks.

Go to cupw.ca They are planning a strike in April I think and have been holding parcels hostage. At our DSR expense!
Message 30 of 37
latest reply

Grooooaaaan.:-(
Message 31 of 37
latest reply

every day i get more where is my item emails, all from the same time period feb 22-feb 25

must have them all stashed in skids in a corner or something, very poor service from our delivery vendor and i think its time to look at alternate delivery vendors

canada post just does not care about their service any longer!
Message 32 of 37
latest reply

I notice that it often takes 10-15 days for even a oversize lettermail from Alberta to Ontario. That's about the same amount of time it takes a light packet to get to many other places in the world. Very odd.
Message 33 of 37
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Browsing the cupw.ca site, I noticed that there seem to be country-wide strike votes planned for the next few weeks ... not a good sign.

I have about 5 parcels lost in limbo right now. I guess it may be refund time.
Message 34 of 37
latest reply

Strike votes usually mean just that, a strike vote. Lets not read anything more into it.

Have been involved with strike votes nine times over the years. How many times did we go on strike? Zero !
Message 35 of 37
latest reply

every day more where is my item emails

local deliveries, regional, domestic

any canadian deliveries via first class are being stored for weeks on end before being sorted and dispatched

its becoming a pressing issue, as for the last 7 weeks our queries have risen by several hundred percent

good luck asking canada post customer service what the problem is, they are not aware of first class service concerns lately apparently

wow, frustrating trying to compete in a global market with a donkey powered postal service nationally
Message 36 of 37
latest reply

I'm still spending hours explaining the PO extremely poor delivery to buyers, and generally it is buyers who are under 250 KMS away from me!!!

The delivery issue has persisted to stuff at least up until the 3rd week of March, interesting one today item mailed to a place less than 100 KM away March 22nd MIA, another one to the same guy mailed March 29th he has. Try explaining how this makes sense to a buyer eh......I've begun using the "fast train" and "slow train" analogy to the buyers.....
Message 37 of 37
latest reply