Anyone having Turbo Lister problems? INVALID PERAMETER?

momosworld
Community Member
The day before the 1/2 price listing day, ebay put out an update on turbo lister, obviously screwing up all my auctions, now turbo lister wont even open, Ive called powerseller support, forwarded to listing tools, went live help with listing tools, and have emailed them. No help at all.

Just wanted to know if anyone else it had this problems.
Thank you.

My mommy says i'm cool

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I am not quite sure what was the nature of your problem. I keep the TL updates current and have not encountered any problems lately.

What you might want to consider doing is to save the data and reinstall the TL software. That usually does the trick.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

momosworld
Community Member
tried it already, didnt work. Ive emailed them the log files, everything. ebya is aware of this but arent doing anything to fix it, It was the newest update that was available that messed up a lot of peoples turbo listers..

My mommy says i'm cool

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I've had 5 Turbo Lister failures since August. Needless to day re-entering all the listings so many times has been an enormous amount of extra work. More like a plague really.

These failures invariably occurr after updates and each time have proven to be a 'data base corruption'. The solution each time was to erase the old version and install another.

Performing regurlar Turbo Lister backups helps with regards to recovering the listings after reinstallation. If the backups are too regular, however, they can be corroupted too. I'm backing up once a week or so. It looks like Turbolister prompted me, yesterday, to perform a backup before the update which suggests that the programmers know that frequent updates are, at least part of, the problem.

Why they can't reduce the frequency of updates to, perhaps, once a month is beyond me.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

The TL updates not only updated the program, they sometimes modified the data. It happened to me once.

Since I was selling the same old things over and over again, I didn't check the listings when I listed them. Then suddenly the sale dropped off and I didn't think twice. Only when I looked at one of the listings and found out the update change from 'ship worldwide' to 'Canada only'.

I email support and they sent the question to technical dept. The answer I got from them was that's what the software update was designed for.

I am afraid I can't help you there. Oh. On second thought, have you tried to install the LT without the updates? Do you still have the older version? If the data was corrupted, it probably won't help.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

momosworld
Community Member
Hi,

Yes i tried using the old turbo lister on my laptop with the userdata file that was on my desktop (newer corruptedone) but no luck...

oh god..so much work..

thanks again for the help

My mommy says i'm cool

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

macktaru
Community Member
Post your log files.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

momosworld
Community Member
Hi,

I actually have before on the turbo lister support, emailed them, everything, one guy said to reinstall the full version etc...nothing, i spoke to turbo lister support today, they said still working on it, and no definate time..i think i am going to start with auction works soon, have had more than enough with these faulty tools...

thanks anyways.

My mommy says i'm cool

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

cutecoins
Community Member
Hi...half my ads came up with a rejection then I went to the check the calulate listing fees....Fixed the problem by going into edit, checked all my categories as some had changed and placed them in the new listing categories which seems to be close to the old categories....this has happened before too...
It work for me but it took two hours of time... Not nice...
All best
Jim
Message 9 of 9
latest reply