Anyone having problems with combined shipping and / or the shopping cart?

jegab
Community Member

Every time I buy multiple items and ask for combined shipping a message pops up "This seller does not offer combined shipping" which appears to be untrue. Then I have to send a message to the seller (avoiding question about shipping) to get the proper invoice. In the past it was no problem. Very inconvenient.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Anyone having problems with combined shipping and / o...

Can you recreate this with a screenshot?

Are you saying the Request Invoice From Seller Button isn't working for you in the Shopping Cart?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

It didn't work for me either, on a multiple item purchase from a single seller, yesterday. I kept getting a 'server error/try again later' message. In my case I had to finalize the purchase before it would send the message, which resulted in my tying up an amount of money equal to 30% of the total purchase price for the next few weeks that it will take paypal to process the refund. This also required the seller to waste their time initiating the refund, so they are not too pleased with the situation either. Given that I have zero faith in paypal, due to past experiences with them, I am neither happy with the process, nor holding my breath waiting for the money I shouldn't have had to tie up in the first place. It came very close to the seller losing the sale, in fact.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

It may be possible that the seller in question didn't have their Combined Shipping rules set up properly.

In my own experimentations, I have found mine to be working fine, but there have been other accounts from buyers such as yours.

As a workaround,d you could email the seller prior to purchase and give them the item numbers and ask them to set up a custom bundle for you with the proper amount settled for everything. I used to do this for buyers before ebay fixed the ebay.com and ebay.co.uk shipping cart incompatibility.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Yes, this has been a problem for awhile now.... I don't know if this is related to a Sellers handling time or not but If you are shopping over a extended period and request a combined shipping invoice you get the message, "This seller does not offer combined shipping".

The only work around is sending a message to the Seller requesting a combined invoice like your doing.     

Now if a Seller was proactive he/she would monitor their customers activity and combine shipping without needing to be prompted to do so. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

It never works for me, tried with different sellers. I had to email seller who created special listing for me.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

I've received the same message on numerous occasions, both from the Cart or 'Request total' from the drop down menu on my "purchases' page. I've always attempted the request from both locations, if one fails.

Ultimately, I end up messaging the seller, or just waiting until the seller finally notices and invoices the order.

I have also had buyers complaining to me of the same scenario when purchasing multiple items from me.

I am set up for combined shipping discounts.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

OK Ebay! We have a problem there...

Message 8 of 8
latest reply