August 10th 2016 Weekly Session

Hello everyone,

Welcome to our weekly chat. The thread will remain open for the next 24 hours or so, please go ahead and post at your convenience.

Open issues:

• CA Shopping cart erroneously applying free shipping on multiple orders
  • Login redirect to foreign eBay sites
  • Automotive listings losing images when changing duration to GTC
  • Best Offer on listings that didn't have it in the first place
  • Errors when uploading more than one tracking number at a time (repeated, erroneous numbers saved)
  • Request Total unavailable

Updates:

• Anchor Store coupon not working/only working on AU site - Issue has been identified and is being worked on between eBay and PayPal. In the meantime CS has been provided with tools to help affected sellers with a work around.
  • Printer friendly Order Details page missing items - Resolved - fix rolled out or to roll out soon.
  • Selling limits live items count discrepancy - We are investigating further.
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinationsstill no update from PayPal and Pitney Bowes
  • Combined shipping offers not shown to international buyers - ticket open

If anything is missing, please let me know. Thanks!

Message 1 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

Good afternoon Raphael

There have been many reports of GTC listings in US$ on eBay.ca being renewed this week for another 30 days on eBay.ca/cafr.

Are you aware of this?  Why is it?

Message 2 of 69
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

Good afternoon Raphael

There have been many reports of GTC listings in US$ on eBay.ca being renewed this week for another 30 days on eBay.ca/cafr.

Are you aware of this?  Why is it?

Hi Pierre,

We published an announcement about that yesterday: http://announcements.ebay.ca/2016/08/09/7862/

We should be able to make a follow up announcement with expected timelines very soon. In the meantime, those who hadn't been able to complete their migration now have a bit more time to do so.

Message 3 of 69
latest reply

i was wondering about the supply coupon, as the first one expired without use, and the second probably will as well, is there going to be any update on this issue soon..even with the dollar conversion and the shipping, the product is still priced unfairly. i can buy the same items locally for almost a quarter of the price. many people are not using them for the exact same reasons i listed.. is there any numbers to be shown what the redemption rate was. i would guess pretty darn low, or is that the plan to not have us redeem them and improve .ca 's bottom line. one would assume that for example only.. if 15,000 coupons were issued and only 2,00 were redeemed that it would be a money savings for ebay.ca.. just wondering why we were promised something months ago, and still do not have anything to show for it.. thanks for your time.

Message 4 of 69
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

Greetings everyone,

I live in Ladner, B.C.

Yesterday, I sold a coin to a buyer in San Diego, California.

This listing (152176295871) states:

Delivery:

"Canada Post Light Packet USA

Estimated Delivery within 8-13 business days

"Seller ships within 3 days after receiving cleared payment"

Yesterday, was August 09.

I understand estimated delivery time includes handling time, but ...

eBay's "Estimated delivery Thursday, Aug 11, 2016 - Friday, Aug 26, 2016"

I have little doubt the item will arrive before Aug 26, 2016.

But even if shipped today, there's no way delivery will happen 2 days from now on Thursday, Aug 11, 2016.

How does August 11 jive with "Delivery within 8-13 business days" & "ships within 3 days after receiving cleared payment"?

It doesn't, but yesterday's estimates did...

August 08 sales to U.S:

eBay's "Estimated delivery Thursday, Aug 18, 2016 - Thursday, Aug 25, 2016"

Message 5 of 69
latest reply

@esclyons wrote:

i was wondering about the supply coupon, as the first one expired without use, and the second probably will as well, is there going to be any update on this issue soon..even with the dollar conversion and the shipping, the product is still priced unfairly. i can buy the same items locally for almost a quarter of the price. many people are not using them for the exact same reasons i listed.. is there any numbers to be shown what the redemption rate was. i would guess pretty darn low, or is that the plan to not have us redeem them and improve .ca 's bottom line. one would assume that for example only.. if 15,000 coupons were issued and only 2,00 were redeemed that it would be a money savings for ebay.ca.. just wondering why we were promised something months ago, and still do not have anything to show for it.. thanks for your time.

Hi esclyons,

We are still working on setting up a fully Canadian solution to replace what is there now. We're hoping to be able to announce soon. I know it's taking time, but I assure you, it's coming.

If I may respond to some of the things you wrote, no, we aren't running a program that's intently disadvantageous to Canadians in order to make money. We don't do business that way. What's in place now is the result of us having to extend a US program to the Canadian market without much of a chance to make it work cross border. After consideration, we moved forward with the current solution because offering something is better than offering nothing, and we know that the program will be made much better in the future. Many sellers have expressed being happy with the supplies they have obtained with their store coupon, some even have said that in these weekly sessions. Without being able to share redemption rates publicly, I can safely assume you would be surprised at how high the adoption has been. 

Message 6 of 69
latest reply

I'm wondering why Canadians who have access to a US address can't use the coupons to send it there Since the items are coming from the US anyway I don't understand why it can't be done

also, I ship most of my items from the US so I use the USPS to make labels, but lighter items are cheaper to send overseas from Canada and yesterday I tried everything and it wouldn't put me on the Canada post site. (Just this item, I was able to use it for other) Any ideas?

thanks

Message 7 of 69
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

Greetings everyone,

I live in Ladner, B.C.

Delivery:

Yesterday was August 09.
I understand estimated delivery time includes handling time, but...

The item will arrive before Aug 26, 2016.
But even if shipped yesterday, there's absolutely no way delivery would happen in 2 days on Thursday, Aug 11, 2016.

How does August 11 jive with "Delivery within 8-13 business days" & "ships within 3 days after receiving cleared payment"?
It doesn't, but eBat's estimates the day before did...

August 08 sales to U.S:

Message 8 of 69
latest reply

@bunbar wrote:

I'm wondering why Canadians who have access to a US address can't use the coupons to send it there Since the items are coming from the US anyway I don't understand why it can't be done

Hi bunbar,

The way we had to set up the coupon deal was to separate the offering for Canadians. Contractually, items available to the US market cannot be shipped to Canadian users. There had to be a separate contract for supplies offered to Canadians.

@bunbar wrote:

also, I ship most of my items from the US so I use the USPS to make labels, but lighter items are cheaper to send overseas from Canada and yesterday I tried everything and it wouldn't put me on the Canada post site. (Just this item, I was able to use it for other) Any ideas?

thanks

What do you mean when you say "it wouldn't put me on the Canada Post site"?

Message 9 of 69
latest reply

I would expect the coupon adoption rate for basic store holders would not be significant. The $35 value does not make anything in the Ebay supply store worthwhile.  It would make sense that the stores with bigger coupons are using them since the coupon will offset most of the exorbitant costs being charged. But for us basics sellers, the coupon is basically useless. 

Message 10 of 69
latest reply

"But for us basics sellers, the coupon is basically useless. "

I agree.

Message 11 of 69
latest reply

@mcrlmn wrote:

Greetings everyone,

I live in Ladner, B.C.

Delivery:

Yesterday was August 09.
I understand estimated delivery time includes handling time, but...

The item will arrive before Aug 26, 2016.
But even if shipped yesterday, there's absolutely no way delivery would happen in 2 days on Thursday, Aug 11, 2016.

It doesn't, but eBat's estimates the day before did...

August 08 sales to U.S:

Hi mccrlmn,

To start, the 8-13 business days you see there already includes your 3 day handling. The native delivery standard for Canada Post Light Packet USA is 5-10 business days.

I agree there seems to be an issue with the shorter estimated delivery date, but the longer one, which is really the one that counts, is correct being August 26.

I have reached out to the shipping team to address the shorter date issue. Thanks for the report.

Message 12 of 69
latest reply

Each time I clicked on print label (I have 2 accounts) one put me on the USPS site to print the label and the other one put me on a page that shows my account home page which only shows my activity but no access to print a label

Message 13 of 69
latest reply

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@esclyons wrote:

Hi esclyons,

We are still working on setting up a fully Canadian solution to replace what is there now. We're hoping to be able to announce soon. I know it's taking time, but I assure you, it's coming.

If I may respond to some of the things you wrote, no, we aren't running a program that's intently disadvantageous to Canadians in order to make money. We don't do business that way. What's in place now is the result of us having to extend a US program to the Canadian market without much of a chance to make it work cross border. After consideration, we moved forward with the current solution because offering something is better than offering nothing, and we know that the program will be made much better in the future. Many sellers have expressed being happy with the supplies they have obtained with their store coupon, some even have said that in these weekly sessions. Without being able to share redemption rates publicly, I can safely assume you would be surprised at how high the adoption has been. 

Maybe once set up, Canadian sellers should be given a new coupon retroactive to day 1 to make it fair for us. We pay the higher store fees and won't get anything until that is done

Message 14 of 69
latest reply

Good afternoon. I emailed you on Friday about a problem I discovered with the Shopping Cart in ebay.ca offering free shipping where no such offer from me as a seller exits. Did you have an opportunity to review this problem, report it, and/or receive a timeline for the fix? It applies to me as well as at least one other seller. The problem is described in greater detail here: http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Combined-postage-Shopping-Cart-glitch-showing-free-with-2...

It seems to apply to both Calculated Expedited Shipping as well as Flat-rate shipping amounts without rhyme or reason. 

Message 15 of 69
latest reply

"Maybe once set up, Canadian sellers should be given a new coupon retroactive to day 1 to make it fair for us. We pay the higher store fees and won't get anything until that is done"

This is a great suggestion.  It makes so much sense that it is almost too good for eBay to accept!

Message 16 of 69
latest reply

On eBay.CA help page: http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/stores/Subscriptions.html

the link to the eBay Store Savings Calculator is set to:

http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/news/FeeIllustrator2010.html

when it should be either: http://www.fees.ebay.ca/feeweb/feeillustrator

or http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/news/FeeIllustrator.html

eBay.CA really needs to hire a part timer to go through all the eBay.CA help files checking for bad links and (more difficult) old bad information.

Message 17 of 69
latest reply

"eBay.CA really needs to hire a part timer..." 

Actually, based on my experience, it is a full time job!

Message 18 of 69
latest reply

Hi, Just wondering if we will be getting any more promotions coming this month. Especially with all the problems with the migration tool, converting to Canadian dollars, the threat of a postal strike & the many glitches that have happened in the last few weeks. Thanks

Message 19 of 69
latest reply

totally agree , as the first coupon expired without use, and i am sure the second will as well..if ebay .c a wants to know where to source a cheaper supplier in canada i can tell you where, 100 bubble mailers delivered 4x6,  20.00$ and the price gets cheaper the more you order..

Message 20 of 69
latest reply