August 10th 2016 Weekly Session

Hello everyone,

Welcome to our weekly chat. The thread will remain open for the next 24 hours or so, please go ahead and post at your convenience.

Open issues:

• CA Shopping cart erroneously applying free shipping on multiple orders
  • Login redirect to foreign eBay sites
  • Automotive listings losing images when changing duration to GTC
  • Best Offer on listings that didn't have it in the first place
  • Errors when uploading more than one tracking number at a time (repeated, erroneous numbers saved)
  • Request Total unavailable

Updates:

• Anchor Store coupon not working/only working on AU site - Issue has been identified and is being worked on between eBay and PayPal. In the meantime CS has been provided with tools to help affected sellers with a work around.
  • Printer friendly Order Details page missing items - Resolved - fix rolled out or to roll out soon.
  • Selling limits live items count discrepancy - We are investigating further.
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinationsstill no update from PayPal and Pitney Bowes
  • Combined shipping offers not shown to international buyers - ticket open

If anything is missing, please let me know. Thanks!

Message 1 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

Also, where are Guides to be found on ebay.ca? I've written two now and think they contain valuable information but they are nowhere to be seen unless I'm logged into ebay.co.uk. 

Message 21 of 69
latest reply

Hi Raphael!

Here is an interesting error happening. It has happened to me two times now. 

When I use "sell similar" with a lowered price, afterward I get a promotional email telling me the price of the newly listed item has been lowered, which it hasn't. (receiving messages telling me my own items are on sale has been happening for a long time)

Here is the thread that describes the problem:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/New-glitch-almost-gave-me-a-heart-attack/m-p/346460#U3464...

(My store is closed at the moment, let me know if you want extra information like the before and after lots for example...)

Message 22 of 69
latest reply

@bunbar wrote:

Each time I clicked on print label (I have 2 accounts) one put me on the USPS site to print the label and the other one put me on a page that shows my account home page which only shows my activity but no access to print a label

Hi bunbar,

Normally, if your item is listed with a specified item location within Canada, either site (eBay.ca or eBay.com) should send you to PayPal labels. If your item location is in the US, it should send you to the USPS label printing on eBay.com.

Can you give me more details on the one that didn't work, what site the item was listed on, what site you were on when you clicked Print Label? Thanks. 

Message 23 of 69
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@esclyons wrote:

i was wondering about the supply coupon, as the first one expired without use, and the second probably will as well, is there going to be any update on this issue soon..even with the dollar conversion and the shipping, the product is still priced unfairly. i can buy the same items locally for almost a quarter of the price. many people are not using them for the exact same reasons i listed.. is there any numbers to be shown what the redemption rate was. i would guess pretty darn low, or is that the plan to not have us redeem them and improve .ca 's bottom line. one would assume that for example only.. if 15,000 coupons were issued and only 2,00 were redeemed that it would be a money savings for ebay.ca.. just wondering why we were promised something months ago, and still do not have anything to show for it.. thanks for your time.

Hi esclyons,

We are still working on setting up a fully Canadian solution to replace what is there now. We're hoping to be able to announce soon. I know it's taking time, but I assure you, it's coming.

If I may respond to some of the things you wrote, no, we aren't running a program that's intently disadvantageous to Canadians in order to make money. We don't do business that way. What's in place now is the result of us having to extend a US program to the Canadian market without much of a chance to make it work cross border. After consideration, we moved forward with the current solution because offering something is better than offering nothing, and we know that the program will be made much better in the future. Many sellers have expressed being happy with the supplies they have obtained with their store coupon, some even have said that in these weekly sessions. Without being able to share redemption rates publicly, I can safely assume you would be surprised at how high the adoption has been. 

Maybe once set up, Canadian sellers should be given a new coupon retroactive to day 1 to make it fair for us. We pay the higher store fees and won't get anything until that is done

Hi dutchman,

Thanks for your recommendation. I have passed it on to the team.

Message 24 of 69
latest reply

Hi Raphael.

One of our regular poster is getting a "little nervous"

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/This-makes-me-a-little-nervous-Community-Forums-Revamp-Co...

Could you please shed some light on the subject from a Canadian perspective.

Message 25 of 69
latest reply

All the items I use the shipping labels for are listed on ebay.com. I go to My Ebay:sold on the .com site to make labels for the USPS and my ebay Sold .ca for the Canada Post site. I click on the Print Shipping labels and it takes me to the right post office . For some reason this one wouldn't work    311592135704

Message 26 of 69
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Good afternoon. I emailed you on Friday about a problem I discovered with the Shopping Cart in ebay.ca offering free shipping where no such offer from me as a seller exits. Did you have an opportunity to review this problem, report it, and/or receive a timeline for the fix? It applies to me as well as at least one other seller. The problem is described in greater detail here: http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Combined-postage-Shopping-Cart-glitch-showing-free-with-2...

It seems to apply to both Calculated Expedited Shipping as well as Flat-rate shipping amounts without rhyme or reason.  

Hello Maureen,

I did report this but haven't heard back yet. I reached out again and expect to get a response shortly. Thanks for the reminder, I've added this to my list.

Message 27 of 69
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

On eBay.CA help page: http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/stores/Subscriptions.html

the link to the eBay Store Savings Calculator is set to:

http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/news/FeeIllustrator2010.html

when it should be either: http://www.fees.ebay.ca/feeweb/feeillustrator

or http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/news/FeeIllustrator.html

eBay.CA really needs to hire a part timer to go through all the eBay.CA help files checking for bad links and (more difficult) old bad information.

Thanks ypdc_dennis, I have asked our content manager to look into this.

Message 28 of 69
latest reply

@dustmite007 wrote:

Hi, Just wondering if we will be getting any more promotions coming this month. Especially with all the problems with the migration tool, converting to Canadian dollars, the threat of a postal strike & the many glitches that have happened in the last few weeks. Thanks

Hello dustmite007,

I don't know the actual schedule, but I do think there are more promotions coming. Keep watching your promo box in My eBay Summary.

Message 29 of 69
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Also, where are Guides to be found on ebay.ca? I've written two now and think they contain valuable information but they are nowhere to be seen unless I'm logged into ebay.co.uk. 

Guides are currently broken on eBay.ca. There is a team working to bring to us the newest version of the Guides platform.

Message 30 of 69
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

Hi Raphael!

Here is an interesting error happening. It has happened to me two times now. 

When I use "sell similar" with a lowered price, afterward I get a promotional email telling me the price of the newly listed item has been lowered, which it hasn't. (receiving messages telling me my own items are on sale has been happening for a long time)

Here is the thread that describes the problem:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/New-glitch-almost-gave-me-a-heart-attack/m-p/346460#U3464...

(My store is closed at the moment, let me know if you want extra information like the before and after lots for example...)

Hello ricarmic,

Thanks for the report. If I understand, basically some of your items are getting priced lower without your doing? Yes, please share the relevant item numbers so I can take a look. You can do that here or by email at raphael@ebay.com.

Message 31 of 69
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

Hi Raphael.

One of our regular poster is getting a "little nervous"

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/This-makes-me-a-little-nervous-Community-Forums-Revamp-Co...

Could you please shed some light on the subject from a Canadian perspective.

Hi Pierre,

If the concern is that more eBay employees on the boards will lead to less freedom to speak your mind, I wouldn't be concerned at all. We literally never censored what people say about us or the company on these boards. I think our weekly sessions are the best example of that. If we were sensitive to criticism, I know some posters who would have been muzzled a long time ago, but they are still here and still allowed to vent off.

With that said, I don't anticipate much change on the Canadian boards, except maybe for an eventual face lift on the user experience.

Message 32 of 69
latest reply

Hello Raphael,

Do you think we could get a GSP person to monitor the Buyer Central board and give advice to buyers who are experiencing problems with the GSP? Actually this would be even more needed on the .com boards, where advice to both buyers and sellers ranges from "spot on" to the completely ridiculous with everything in-between, but having a "go-to" person would be a real improvement.

In the early days of the GSP, someone named Bennett did this. When he moved on to another job, he was replaced by a ghostly ghost.

Message 33 of 69
latest reply

@bunbar wrote:

All the items I use the shipping labels for are listed on ebay.com. I go to My Ebay:sold on the .com site to make labels for the USPS and my ebay Sold .ca for the Canada Post site. I click on the Print Shipping labels and it takes me to the right post office . For some reason this one wouldn't work    311592135704

You probably know this but just in case you don't.....you can sign directly into PayPal to do the label if you are having problems doing it from .ca.

Message 34 of 69
latest reply

raphael@ebay.com wrote:
Guides are currently broken on eBay.ca. There is a team working to bring to us the newest version of the Guides platform.

Do you know whether this means the content itself will be retained?  Any ETA?

I've spent quite some time and care on my "Guides" and wouldn't want to have to re-input everything from scratch.  I doubt I even have the text saved by now.  

Message 35 of 69
latest reply

It wont connect me to the post office in Canada, unless I'm going about it the wrong way
Message 36 of 69
latest reply

@bunbar wrote:

I just tried and it worked. I logged in as you on eBay.com and found this item in your Sold items, clicked Print label and it took me to the USPS labels page. I could do that both from My eBay Sold Items and from the item page itself. 

Message 37 of 69
latest reply

@bunbar wrote:
It wont connect me to the post office in Canada, unless I'm going about it the wrong way

Your item was listed on eBay.com with the item location set as Champlain, New York. Consequently, the site thinks you'll be shipping this with USPS.

If you want the site to take you to Canada Post (PayPal) for shipping labels, you have to list on eBay.ca and specify an item location within Canada. 

Message 38 of 69
latest reply

I have no problem printing labels with the USPS

It's the  Canada post it wouldn't let me do

Message 39 of 69
latest reply

@00nevermind00 wrote:

Hello Raphael,

Do you think we could get a GSP person to monitor the Buyer Central board and give advice to buyers who are experiencing problems with the GSP? Actually this would be even more needed on the .com boards, where advice to both buyers and sellers ranges from "spot on" to the completely ridiculous with everything in-between, but having a "go-to" person would be a real improvement.

In the early days of the GSP, someone named Bennett did this. When he moved on to another job, he was replaced by a ghostly ghost.

Hi 00nevermind00,

I will ask the GSP team and see whether we can replace Bennett. 

Message 40 of 69
latest reply