August 24th 2016 Weekly Session

Hello everyone,

Welcome to our weekly chat. This week, the thread will remain open until tomorrow as usual.

Open issues:

• CA Shopping cart erroneously applying free shipping on multiple orders (under investigation)
  • Automotive listings losing images when changing duration to GTC
  • Best Offer on listings that didn't have it in the first place
  • Errors when uploading more than one tracking number at a time (repeated, erroneous numbers saved)
  • Request Total unavailable

Updates:

• Login redirect to foreign eBay sites (resolved)
  • Anchor Store coupon not working/only working on AU site - Issue has been identified and is being worked on between eBay and PayPal. In the meantime CS has been provided with tools to help affected sellers with a work around.
  • Printer friendly Order Details page missing items - Resolved - fix rolled out or to roll out soon.
  • Selling limits live items count discrepancy - We are investigating further.
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinationsstill no update from PayPal and Pitney Bowes
  • Combined shipping offers not shown to international buyers - ticket open

If anything is missing, please let me know. Thanks!

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: August 24th 2016 Weekly Session

Being allowed to set exclusions per item is important, however, when a seller is dealing with an item that sells for $850 CAD or more since Signature on Delivery is not available on all services to all places.

For example, there are some items I can't sell to buyers in Crotia (and elsewhere) because they have Air Parcel and not Xpresspost.
Message 21 of 38
latest reply

*Croatia.
Message 22 of 38
latest reply

amcdc79
Community Member

Hello raphael,

In the August 3rd session, I asked whether it was a glitch, when I tried to change a few automotive listings to GTC's all the photo's went missing. Leaving them alone as a 30 day listing, the photo's were fine. You asked me to send you the item #'s which I did, just wondering if you were able to fix, or find out why I had this issue? I will try again when they end, thanks.

Message 23 of 38
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Does opting into the hub does not opt you into the 1 page selling form that some are having problems with?

Yes it did for me months ago. I assume it still does for anyone opting into the eBay.com Seller Hub today.

I do not know if calling customer support to have just the hub and opt out of the new listing tool is possible. My trick of starting a listing in eBay Motors should force back the old selling form while leaving the hub if anyone needs the old form.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Listing-Tools/Bugs-with-the-new-single-page-Listing-Selling-form/...

post 13 by me says how to opt out of the new listing tool if a selelr can't get eBay customer support to do this for you.

Message 24 of 38
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why do we have to call eBay to put on the list for preference of old version?  Why do eBay have to shove something down our throats?  It should be our choice not eBay!

Message 25 of 38
latest reply

Is there a way to tell how many visitors there is to your store.  I know there is a count on my ebay page, but I was wondering if there was a count for a store and if there is why not?

I would like to see how many visitors to my store.

Message 26 of 38
latest reply

" I was wondering if there was a count for a store and if there is why not?"

This was available for eBay store owners until early 2015 when the store "traffic reports" feature was ended.  At the time eBay indicated a new program would replace it within a few months. 

Over a year later... still waiting.

Maybe Raphael could give us an update.

Message 27 of 38
latest reply

@vintagenorth wrote:

Hi Raphael, I list on .com site and usually add the following to my listings under Payment Details: "payment is requested within 7 days" since I don't mind giving buyers time to pay. I have heard that any purchase under $100 has to be paid for immediately anyway.  Is this true? If so, is there any point in me stating payment in 7 days?

Trying to remove any extra words that aren't really required and don't want to confuse my buyers.

Thanks.

Hi vintagenorth,

Good on you to work on simplifying your listings!

While it's true that on eBay.com, buyers are forced into immediate payment on BIN items priced under $100, I don't see harm in stating your own payment terms on your listings. Not all your buyers purchase from eBay.com and that information will be relevant for some.

Message 28 of 38
latest reply

@storeofwealth wrote:

I haven't received the Q3 shipping supply coupon. Is there an estimate as to when they will be released fully?

Hi storeofwealth,

I have asked my team to look into why you haven't received your coupon. I'll get back to you.

Message 29 of 38
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

Hello everyone,

Welcome to our weekly chat. This week, the thread will only remain open for the day as I will be unable to come back to it tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Open issues:

• CA Shopping cart erroneously applying free shipping on multiple orders (under investigation)
  • Automotive listings losing images when changing duration to GTC
  • Best Offer on listings that didn't have it in the first place
  • Errors when uploading more than one tracking number at a time (repeated, erroneous numbers saved)
  • Request Total unavailable

Updates:

• Login redirect to foreign eBay sites (resolved)
  • Anchor Store coupon not working/only working on AU site - Issue has been identified and is being worked on between eBay and PayPal. In the meantime CS has been provided with tools to help affected sellers with a work around.
  • Printer friendly Order Details page missing items - Resolved - fix rolled out or to roll out soon.
  • Selling limits live items count discrepancy - We are investigating further.
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinations - still no update from PayPal and Pitney Bowes
  • Combined shipping offers not shown to international buyers - ticket open

If anything is missing, please let me know. Thanks!

Hello again. I just ran my own test to see where things stand with paypal and their discrepancy lag in offering Tracked Packet via Paypal shipping to the countries to which Canada Post offers the service and here are the results. Yes means it appears as an option to the country as it should, no means it still does not.

Paypal Tracked Packet test August 24 2016: which countries does paypal shipping support by offering Tracked Packet service of the countries to which service is offered by Canada Post?

Austria NO

Australia YES

Belgium YES

Brazil NO

Croatia YES

Denmark YES

Estonia YES

Finland YES

France YES

Germany YES

Hong Kong NO

Hungary NO

Ireland YES

Iceland  NO

Italy NO

Latvia YES

Lithuania  NO

Luxembourg YES

Malaysia YES

Malta YES

Netherlands YES

New Zealand YES

Poland NO

Portugal NO

Singapore YES

South Korea  NO

Spain YES

Sweden YES

Switzerland YES

Turkey  NO

United Kingdom YES

USA YES

So eleven countries are still missing Tracked Packet through Paypal Shipping. I think I discovered the lag more than a year ago. How long should it take to update the service? This seems a little bit silly. It wastes a seller's time (and money) to have to buy Tracked Packet at the postal counter for those countries. 

Hi Maureen,

I agree 100% that this has dragged for too long. I have sent another email to my Pitney Bowes contact and added PayPal, Canada Post and eBay Shipping to the thread. Hopefully I get some traction.

Message 30 of 38
latest reply

@silverpinups wrote:

Hi Raphael,

The glitch is intermittent so having the item number will not help you. I have experienced the same problem from time to time with various listings.   

Hi silverpinups,

Intermittent problems are my favourite! 🙂

I need to ask for item numbers where the issue manifested though, otherwise I have nothing to troubleshoot. If this happens again, I need to know ASAP.

Message 31 of 38
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Very true. I'll have every listing that I look at in the period of five minutes appear to be from 2013 and then, it will suddenly start showing me 2016 pages. Maybe after I log out and log back in later? I don't know what resets it to present day. I'm a Mac user so I'm running Safari Version 9.1.2. 

For example: 

331564199073 -- 2013

232040717955 -- 2013

331708643582 -- 2013

331728944716 -- 2013

231560584474 -- 2013

331556641032 -- 2013

All of these are loading incorrectly and incomplete, if I am to interpret the refresh symbol correctly. Instead of the refresh button, the x stays in the browser field in perpetuity.  

Sorry for the confusion, it was for the Best Offer issue that I asked for item numbers.

Message 32 of 38
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

.... And if I swivel over the ebay.com, it immediately loads the way it should in 2016. (Can it be that this is an ebay.ca thing?) Then I go back to the listing on ebay.ca and it's fine too. This makes no sense to me. 

I'm 99.9% sure this is a code/browser issue. This is super hard to figure out because not all browsers load code the same way, even the same browsers of different versions. Plus, as you pointed out, it's intermittent, sometimes just a refresh fixes the page. That this happens doesn't mean there is something that needs fixing, as weird as this may sound.

Message 33 of 38
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:
Being allowed to set exclusions per item is important, however, when a seller is dealing with an item that sells for $850 CAD or more since Signature on Delivery is not available on all services to all places.

For example, there are some items I can't sell to buyers in Crotia (and elsewhere) because they have Air Parcel and not Xpresspost.

100% agree. I alerted the team who owns the new tool and they are looking into this.

Message 34 of 38
latest reply

@amcdc79 wrote:

Hello raphael,

In the August 3rd session, I asked whether it was a glitch, when I tried to change a few automotive listings to GTC's all the photo's went missing. Leaving them alone as a 30 day listing, the photo's were fine. You asked me to send you the item #'s which I did, just wondering if you were able to fix, or find out why I had this issue? I will try again when they end, thanks.

Hi amcdc79,

I alerted the Motors team of this last week and got an acknowledgement that they are tracking this (meaning they are aware and looking to fix). I'll let them do their work for now but if you run into the issue again it would help to send me the corresponding item numbers ASAP, if possible before re-adding the photo so the team can see the broken listing.

Message 35 of 38
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

Is there a way to tell how many visitors there is to your store.  I know there is a count on my ebay page, but I was wondering if there was a count for a store and if there is why not?

I would like to see how many visitors to my store.

Hi musicyouneed,

At this time, as far as I know there isn't a visitor counter that's available for store pages.

Message 36 of 38
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

" I was wondering if there was a count for a store and if there is why not?"

This was available for eBay store owners until early 2015 when the store "traffic reports" feature was ended.  At the time eBay indicated a new program would replace it within a few months. 

Over a year later... still waiting.

Maybe Raphael could give us an update.

Hi Pierre,

Sorry, I don't have an update on this.

Message 37 of 38
latest reply

This concludes our session for this week. Thanks for joining and hope to see you next week!

Message 38 of 38
latest reply