Either because of dishonest buyers or shipping issues

Ukraine

Bulgaria

Hangary

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Beware when you ship to These countries

O that is a small list .... You still have alot of bad expieriences ahead of you 😉

Message 2 of 32
latest reply

If you are going to make a list of every country that you ever have a bad experience with, start with Canada and the US.

Once you have excluded every country in the world, where will you ship to?

Set your shrinkage budget. You do have one, right? Every business does.
Photobucket
Message 3 of 32
latest reply

It is not of my intention to negatively stereotype any nationality. But this just what happened to me recently.

I dont expect that an american  or a canadian will receive an item and pretend that he did not receive it. It is not impossible but very rare. they might argue about the quality, but this is different. everyone argues about quality.

One Ukrainian buyer's very first question was: do you ship with tracking; I replyid: no, he bought the item and then item-not-received....

Another one from hungary never communicated with me or answered any messages, he used only three clicks: one to buy, one to pay one the third to file a case one to receive the money...

Message 4 of 32
latest reply

"I dont expect that an american  or a canadian will receive an item and pretend that he did not receive it."

Unfortunately, it happens every day, several times a day, on eBay.

No group of countries in the world has a monopoly on individuals wanting to abuse the system.  You will find these folks everywhere.

Message 5 of 32
latest reply

I think that a honest buyer will never file case for item not received from a seller with positive feedback...unless it takes more than 3 months... I my self dont do it especially if seller insists that he sent the item and shows CP slips.

Message 6 of 32
latest reply

:It never happened to me.:manhappy Once it happens I will change my mind..

@pierrelebel wrote:

"I dont expect that an american  or a canadian will receive an item and pretend that he did not receive it."

Unfortunately, it happens every day, several times a day, on eBay.

No group of countries in the world has a monopoly on individuals wanting to abuse the system.  You will find these folks everywhere.

Message 7 of 32
latest reply

".unless it takes more than 3 months.."

That buyer would be stupid!

PayPal and eBay protection programs specifically tell the buyer to file a claim within six weeks or so.

To wait three months means losing the protection offered on eBay.  While it happens every day to buyers who were not aware of the deadline for filing claims, it would be stupid (here is that word again) for a buyer to knowingly give away the right to claim.

Sellers offering their products through mail order (that is what selling on eBay is all about) assume the risks of getting the item to their buyers in a reasonable time.  The mail order industry has worked the same ways for hundreds of years, well before eBay and the internet.  If sellers cannot afford the risks of the occasional loss, mail order is not for them.

Message 8 of 32
latest reply

Deals, if this is your main selling ID, you have only been in business a very short time. Your sample size of time and number of sales is too small, not statistically significant.

There is an adage that goes to the tune of "If you can't afford to lose it, do not try to sell on eBay".
Photobucket
Message 9 of 32
latest reply

You re right about my selling experience. ebay is a risky business and I assume.

We  have to assume that every costomer is honest. Even the item was received on time, the buyer can say that it was broken, did not work etc...

We are gambling with probabilities...

It does not make sence to pay $70 to track an item that costs $20.  Besides  many countries dont allow tracking at all, example India... I tink it is a matter of privacy...you can check on canadapost.ca

I think ebay should do like aliexpress.com; every shipping is tracked...sometimes it is annoying getting delivery notices for $1 items...

Message 10 of 32
latest reply

@xpress.deals wrote:

Either because of dishonest buyers or shipping issues

Ukraine

Bulgaria

Hangary

Most items shipped to Hangary will be lost or returned, LOL.

Message 11 of 32
latest reply

I think ebay should do like aliexpress.com; every shipping is tracked...sometimes it is annoying getting delivery notices for $1 items...

ebay doesn't provide shipping services.   If you are getting tracking for a $1 item then I image that the item is coming from China and their postal rates are much different than Canada Post rates.

Message 12 of 32
latest reply

buyer's very first question was: do you ship with tracking; I replyid: no, he bought the item and then item-not-received....

Gee, my first reaction would be to give him the cost with tracking. My second would be to add him to my Blocked Bidder List.

Even as a percentage of sales, I have had more problems with American bidders and buyers than any other nation. Mostly complaints that their purchased did not arrive overnight. I don't sell between November 15 and December 25 for just that reason.

Message 13 of 32
latest reply

This is why I find it surprising so many sellers don't use tracking. I think the word is out there that ebay is a place for dishonest people to get free stuff with little hassle.

But I also wonder if the cost of tracking being added on to the item price prevents more sales than would have been lost to scammers...

Message 14 of 32
latest reply

But I also wonder if the cost of tracking being added on to the item price prevents more sales than would have been lost to scammers...

Services with tracking are expensive in Canada. To send a 200 gram package with tracking to the U.S. is about $14 when using discounted shipping on Paypal. To the UK, it is around $40. Even when not using tracking I've had to deal with very few lost item claims so it doesn't make sense for me to charge a fortune to send a small package.

Message 15 of 32
latest reply

I just wanted to add you are right to block some countries there are countries is does happen more then less so ya just anted to put that one out there like Italy for example has some pretty bad track records for alot more then 1 or 2 sellers...

I block alot of places but that is because wit the shipping cost it makes losing it to expensive so I avoid the chance of it happening ...

Message 16 of 32
latest reply

I dont want to block particular countries unless chosing North America.

There is one solution...Use tracked packets by Canada Post for valuable items; buyers from countries that dont dont allow tracking  will not see the shipping and they cannot buy...

Message 17 of 32
latest reply

Gee, my first reaction would be to give him the cost with tracking. My second would be to add him to my Blocked Bidder List.

I did not thought about that it was my first case, the question can be understood in either way, he might be looking really for tracking ...plus the cost with tracking for this parcel was very expensive.. I never thought about it like now...

Message 18 of 32
latest reply

There should be a Canadian Organisation that allows filing legal suites against these dishonest buyers abroad...

Message 19 of 32
latest reply

@atxpoint1 wrote:

This is why I find it surprising so many sellers don't use tracking. I think the word is out there that ebay is a place for dishonest people to get free stuff with little hassle.

That is blatantly, totally, completely false.

I have lost two out of the last two thousand parcels. My loss rate went down significantly when I switched to using Paypal shipping. Nice neat label, proper format, set-up to be read by scanners.

What caused the majority of my losses was MY hand written labels. The only tracking I pay for is Cdn Expedited labels as they are speed and cost effective. To the USA I do about 5% Expedited. Worldwide, maybe one a year.

Photobucket
Message 20 of 32
latest reply