(Please leave package at side door)

This sounds like it could be a problem.

What do you people think?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Buyer Address

I think you should make sure it's on the label!

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Buyer Address

You could leave a pile of money at my door and it would be safe.

If a parcel is left at my front door I won't see it as I go in and out the side door, park in the rear.

Put the notation on the label so the driver can see it and put it in the proper and safe location.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Buyer Address

If you're sending the parcel with any sort of signature/delivery confirmation, it won't be left at the door by the Post Office anyway (they'll leave a card telling the recipient to pick their parcel up at the P.O.), so you have nothing to worry about. 

If the parcel is going by any other service, then as the others have said, you should definitely make sure the notice about the side door is clearly marked on the front (and back) of the parcel.  Then just hope for the best.

By the way, where is it going?  What country/city/town?  If it's a rural or suburban location, you're probably quite safe having it left at a side door.  If it's a city, well, obviously this buyer has done this before, so I assume he/she knows it's likely safe. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Buyer Address

If you're nervous about it, you could email the buyer -- through eBay messages -- and double-check.  

Something like: "Hi, I've noticed in your Paypal address you ask to have parcels left at your side door.  Please let me know if this is still what you'd prefer for this delivery.  If you'd rather pick it up at your local Post Office, to avoid the possibility of theft or damage (by weather), I'd be happy to mark that on the parcel."   

... or something to that effect.  Then if something does go wrong, at least you'll have his instructions in your eBay Messages inbox.  My understanding is that eBay now does have the ability to check buyer messages if an INR case is opened. 

The value of the item will obviously be a consideration.  Also, if it's going out of Canada, the description of the contents will be on the parcel.  With a valuable item, this could be a problem.  It might matter if the parcel is visible from the street, neighbour's yard, etc.  

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Buyer Address

Sounds like the customer is trying to prevent a problem.

But communication is never a bad thing.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Buyer Address

Thanks everyone. I contacted the buyer, she was just pointing out for the delivery personthat the mailbox is located the side door.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Buyer Address

I'm glad for you that was the explanation.  I strongly believe that communicating (if it's possible to do) is always better than speculating.  Often, like here, the explanation does make sense. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply