Buyer blocks you for a little comment but gave a + feedback

geman74
Community Member
I found out after buying a item from a seller and he blocked he after a positive feedback just because of a comment in that feedback. eBay can't do anything. A little excessive on your powers. There is not very nice sellers on here. Of I could say the sellers name I would to warn people not to deal with him.
Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

marnotom!
Community Member

Why did you feel it necessary to mention the very slow interprovincial shipping in the first place?  The seller can't do anything about that, unless you mean that the seller sat on the item for several days before dispatching it.

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

Actually, my oops here.  That should be intra-provincial shipping.

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

I don't blame the seller for blocking you - you're very critical, well above the norm.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 4 of 25
latest reply

geman74
Community Member
Still that's what feed back is for. If you can't take a comment they shouldn't be selling on eBay. It was just a comment. I don't not know if he did. He says he shipped the next day. They should have feedback then if you can't leave a comment then.
Message 5 of 25
latest reply

I have been selling on eBay for fifteen years and have a rather thick skin.  Yet, I would have blocked you from further purchases based on the feedback you posted.

"that's what feedback is for"

Not really.  feedback is to reflect the quality of the product and the service provided by the seller.  If there was a delay by the seller in shipping, it would be appropriate to mention it.  However, a delay caused by the carrier should not be held against the seller. 

If you felt an irresistable need to mention it, it should have been mentionned to the seller in direct communication, not through a feedback comment.

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

" I would to warn people not to deal with him."

Your post may have had the opposite effect.  I expect your name has been added to many seller's BBL Few sellers want to sell to buyers feeling entitled to leave irresponsible comments.

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

Did you happen to check the Post Mark on your package to see

when the item was actually shipped.

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

geman, the comment you made is exactly what hits sellers in the worst way.

Sellers who ship within a day and get complaints about re: late arrivals are VERY frustrated because they've done their part and buyers still blame them when they feel it's too long to wait for an item.

As posted above:  Were you able to check the actual date of shipping?

Your comment didn't really hurt you and it's very unlikely that anyone other than the few of us here will ever read it, but  perhaps the seller's reaction will give you some understanding and compassion the next time such a situation arises.  .................. and it will.

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

Was going to mention Checking The Postmark but it seems a few of us thought about the same thing.

Seems like the OP was trying to buy another item & found out they were blocked & then felt that was unfair of the seller to block them.

What did they expect ?  They got what they deserved.

Wondering what DSR they left for shipping time.

Good Gawd, how would the OP feel if that was done to them ? I'm sure that would feel that was unfair.

Maybe the OP should read other posts in regards to unfair FBs & DSRs left by buyers without contacting the seller first. Most decent sellers will try to rectify any problems.

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

See people dont see it on the buyers side. Just to block them over a comment they do that many times it get around that they are like that and people wont buy from him. I wwas willing to still deal with him and he still got a positive feedback. How is that far. I could see it if he got a negitive or neutral feedback yea but its just a comment and the buyer has that right to comment if something is wrong. Thats why we have feedbacks for that reasonat least thats what i thought. I didnt check that postage date but how do we know he didn't sit on it. ive had seller ship it right away but forgot to send a email until a few days after. We the buyers are the ones buying it i was quick on payment but that doesnt matter i guess. customer service doesnt count anymore.I am really sure that buyers look at the negitive feedbacks and the rating on their service.

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

"I didnt check that postage date "

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

"I didnt check that postage date "

Yet you blame the seller for poor customer service "customer service doesnt count anymore".

As is well known, I generally side with buyers on these boards because I do believe in customer service.  However, in this case, you are the very type of buyers I and many sellers can live without. 

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

Its was in jan and the issue came out now. so i might of checked it i cant remember. Id thinkwould be worse now the buyer i was willing to buy find out i am blocked and now on here and if i say the selers name on here it be worse for him. so why block someone over a little thing and have a buyer pissed off at him.

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

@geman74 wrote:

so why block someone over a little thing and have a buyer pissed off at him.

The seller's thoughts are likely along the lines of, "Well, if that buyer is going to complain over something small like that, who knows what else they're going to complain about if they try buying from me again?  I think I'm going to fire this customer."

Message 15 of 25
latest reply

@geman74 wrote:

I. Id thinkwould be worse now the buyer i was willing to buy find out i am blocked and now on here and if i say the sellers name on here it be worse for him. so why block someone over a little thing and have a buyer pissed off at him.

First, you can't mention a seller's name here, but even if you could our sympathies would be with the seller and not you.

You didn't even check the date of shipment.  You were rating the Post Office and not the seller.

All sellers have had FB and/or ratings trashed for shipping time even though we shipped within 24 hours.

To us it seems like buyers who do that are really thoughtless and downright nasty.

IMO it's a glitch with the rating system and not buyers.

Your responses here attest to the fact that buyers just don't and won't get it.

You're not atypical.

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

" so why block someone over a little thing"

I may have missed it but I did not notice "I am sorry.  I screwed up."  Instead the poster blames eBay and everybody but the person in the mirror.

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

Like many sellers, it is my firm opinion that some sales are not worth having.

Haven't noticed any buyers coming to your defence either.

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

You seemed to have had a problem with the same seller according to your feedback left for him on April19th.

You claimed that the item did not arriive. Judging by your attitude in your posts i would question your honesty.

I also noticed the sellers DSRs, only thirty of them, all are five except for shipping time which is 4.7.  Could you have had something to do with that ?

Whatever you decide to post from here on in will be considered questionable.

BLOCK !  BLOCK !  BLOCK !  Buyers like this are not needed on eBay & especially the boards.

Before deciding to post, it is best to come in with "Clean Hands "

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

Haven't noticed any buyers coming to your defence either.

Or sellers.

Remember the posts by the OP is the truth according to them, to us a completely different story.

Message 20 of 25
latest reply