Buyer blocks you for a little comment but gave a + feedback

geman74
Community Member
I found out after buying a item from a seller and he blocked he after a positive feedback just because of a comment in that feedback. eBay can't do anything. A little excessive on your powers. There is not very nice sellers on here. Of I could say the sellers name I would to warn people not to deal with him.
Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

yea well i have such a good record for feedbacks and i always pay and hardly complain. somtimes i should of and i didnt. so this on time i am marked that seems fair. LOL thats why i did post a name of the seller on here i seem to be alone. buyer seem to get the raw end of the deal sometimes

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

@geman74 wrote:

yea well i have such a good record for feedbacks and i always pay and hardly complain. somtimes i should of and i didnt. so this on time i am marked that seems fair. LOL thats why i did post a name of the seller on here i seem to be alone. buyer seem to get the raw end of the deal sometimes

Well since buyers can not receive negatives, they all have a good feedback record.

Why do you think that you got the raw deal here? You have no idea if delivery took a long time because the seller was at fault or if the post office was at fault. Yet, by mentioning it in feedback, you are blaming the seller so perhaps the seller is the one who got the raw deal. If you also gave the seller a low DSR in shipping time AND it wasn't their fault then they definitely got a raw deal. A low DSR can affect a seller's fees and listing placement so it can be very frustrating and upsetting to receive a low DSR for something not in their control.

If you don't like a sellers feedback or have dealt them before and you weren't happy, you have the right to never buy from that seller.. You don't even need a  specific reason.  So shouldn't a seller have the same right to choose who buys from them?

Honestly,  I'm not trying to beat up on you here but just trying to explain things from a different point of view.

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

You go into Home Depot and purchase a beautiful new window for your house. You ask Home Depot if they do installations and they say they don't, however, they would be happy to hire a local contractor on your behalf.

Item is delivered in perfect condition the next day. Contractor comes and installs it. Contractor scratches the window casing and you're upset about this.

Do you:

A) Go into home depot and complain vocally in front of other sellers?

B) Make the contractor come good for his mistake.

The right answer here is B, however in the case of this Ebay transaction, you chose A.

I don't blame the seller for blocking you and I think I would do the same in that situation.

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

I tend to agree with what most have stated here. I have always gone by the adage "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all". Making snarky or belittling comments will not endear you to anyone. If you were unhappy about something to do with the transaction, you could have messaged the seller privately, and while still giving positive feedback, your comment could have been something as simple as "Thanks".

As sellers can choose to sell or not sell to anyone, I think you have probably cut down on the number of people who will sell to you. Word travels fast, and good sellers are proactive in looking into their item bidders. They would rather avoid potential problems in the future.

Cuppa Joe!

Rick
"Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity" - Frank Leahy
Message 24 of 25
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:
If you also gave the seller a low DSR in shipping time AND it wasn't their fault then they definitely got a raw deal. A low DSR can affect a seller's fees and listing placement so it can be very frustrating and upsetting to receive a low DSR for something not in their control.

This is especially true if the seller is a small seller like myself. Receiving a 1 or a 2 and even a 3 for something I don't have any control over hurts my average very badly. If the seller is one making thousands of sales per month, he won't even notice a 3 once in a while. But me, I notice it pretty fast, because my average decrease very fast too. All the buyers that gave me a 3 for something I didn't have any control over were blocked.

Message 25 of 25
latest reply