CONTEST:Canada Post Hall Of SHAME Post your stories,Pictures, etc.

tea_past_times
Community Member
Hello there,

Have you ever very carefully mailed an item through Canada Post, just to have it returned to you, crushed, bent, broken or otherwise destroyed?
Have you ever been treated poorly by Canada Post Staff? Overcharged? Hassled? Ignored? Made to wait? Given incorrect Information.
Here's your chance to laugh it off with fellow ebayers and enter your user ID in a contest to win $$. I will pay $25.00 US through Paypal to the best Canada Post Horror Story.
I want to see pictures of careless damage that cost you $$. I want to hear about CPC employees(please include names and locations)
In addition to awarding a $ 25 cash prize to the winner I will also print off this thread and mail it to the president of CPC. Let's run this contest until Oct 31st Halloween, when the best horror story will be revealed.
Hope to hear from you soon!

Phil and Kathy
Tea_past_times
Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

whoscloset
Community Member
Message 2 of 31
latest reply

I want to hear about CPC employees (please include names and locations)

Watch out for those lawsuits ... 🙂

Ann

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

jasonsportscards
Community Member
oh this is going to be funny
Message 4 of 31
latest reply

I want to hear about CPC employees (please include names and locations)

Watch out for those lawsuits ...

You stick to using FIRST NAME only and you should be OK as there are alot of MARY's, JOE's, BOB's, etc that work at CanadaPOST and it would be hard for anyone of them to say it was them who you were referring.
Message 5 of 31
latest reply

Hey tea_past_times, if it is ok with you I too would like to throw into the pot an additional $25 for the best horror story.

I can hardly wait to see what stories we get...I bet there should be some good ones.

Let me know eitherway and I can send you the CASH whenever you like.

Thanks

TIM @ FTL
Message 6 of 31
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Ok, so looks like the prize money has doubled to $50.00!! Excellent. Now post those photos of damage. Great idea on first names only. Let's read those rude comments/actions from Canada Post Employees that have you steaming!
Message 7 of 31
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Horror Story Sample:

Sold a batch of 40 Fire King Mugs to a man in Japan. Wrapped them and took to the post office. Paid $65.00 for the shipping. 1 month later the parcel arrives back at my local post office, missing the extra copy of shipping manifest and plastic envelope, where it went nobody knows. However, as that was not attached it would not ship to Japan and was returned to me after spending a month on vacation in BC Harbour. Return Postage Due was 65.00. I re-attached the proper documentation and mailed it again, It arrived damaged in Japan 4 months later!! So maybe I should put in my listings that shipping is $195.00 and takes 5 months just to be safe??
Ok, now let's hear your stories....
Message 8 of 31
latest reply

neverendingmusic
Community Member
Stories about Canada Post (could not happen)
Okay heres one i sell records (LP's) i ship all around the world every day..and in 7 years i have never had a broken one till guess who--- CANADA POST they delivered a record to Ottawa and the post man got to the Door and decided, to get it through the mail slot he needed to make it smaller so GUESS What he folded it in half, and then told the man at the door thats what he did...
Got to love em
Message 9 of 31
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
GREAT STORY, thank you, nice to know Stupidity is alive and well in Ottawa Ontario too. So far you are our only entrant to win $50.00 for the worst canada Post Horror Story. Anyone else??
Message 10 of 31
latest reply

thebonnieshop
Community Member
A few weeks ago I was going past the Post Office in Oaville Ontario and I had packages in my car so I decided to drop them off. Usually I go to Shoppers Drug Mart to avoid doing this but thought I would save some time. I approached the counter with my 3 or 4 items and handed them to the woman at the counter. As she looked at them with a puzzled look on her face, I said that they were prepaid and I was just dropping them off. She then proceeded to rant about how computers were causing all the power shortage problems in the world and asked me if I heard about someplace in Toronto where they have been out of power for 2 weeks because of things like computers. OMG. She then proceeded to berate me for using the internet and how I was contributing to this problem and I was going to be sorry and she will be glad when she is proven right and we are all forced back to good old paper someday soon. I stared in disbelief ( as did my son) and we turned and left. In the car, my 9 year old stated he thought maybe the lady was a " bit old-fashioned" and I just told him it takes all kinds.
Message 11 of 31
latest reply

thebonnieshop
Community Member
Oops, should read Oakville, not Oaville.
Message 12 of 31
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Thanks Bonnieshop, great story. Now we have 2 entries in our contest. Keep them coming. Who's next??
Message 13 of 31
latest reply

This is an interesting one, didn't cost me anything but is funny.

Got a note from a guy in Alberta who's box of stamps never arrived. He was understanding and I asked him to hang on for a while because the PO is quite unpredictable in across the continent shipments.

A couple weeks later the buyer advised that he found the box!! The buyer apparently wasn't home when the PO attempted to deliver the box. So the PO person looked around and found a nice dry place to put the box, in the buyers BARBEQUE!!! Buyer found the box when he next went out to barbeque! Fortunately he didn't light it before he found the box!
Message 14 of 31
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Oh that is a GOOD Canada Post Story. I like it! Thank you entrant # 3 Keep em comin!

-PHIL and Kathy
Message 15 of 31
latest reply

I WAS TO RECIEVE A PACKAGE OF TAPES FROM THE USA. OVER THREE AND A HALF WEEKS WENT BY AND I WAS TELLING THE SELLER THE TAPES ARE NOT HERE!! THE SELLER FILED AN ITEM MISSING REPORT. LATER I RECIEVED A LETTER FROM CANADA POST WITH A DOCUMENT FOR ME TO FORWARD TO USPS. I HAD TO DELCARE THAT I NEVER RECIEVED MY ITEM!!! SO OFF THE LETTER GOES TO MAKE SUCH DECLARATION. TWO WEEKS LATER A PACKAGE ARRIVES AT MY DOOR. THE BOX LOOKED LIKED IT WAS CRUSHED IN THE CORNER FROM A FORKLIFT DRIVING THE PACKAGE INTO THE BACK OF THE TRUCK! IT HAD TWO OTHER PLASTIC STRAPS NOT ON THE PACKAGE WHEN IT WAS SENT TO HOLD THIS CRUMBLING TISSUE TOGETHER. THEY NOW WANTED ME TO SIGN FOR THE PACKAGE NOW THAT I HAD TWO WEEKS PRIOR DECLARED THE PACKAGE NOT RECIEVED!! SO THE GOOD NEWS WAS THE PACKAGE WAS NO LONGER MISSING, AS CANADA POST HAD IT IN THEIR REPACKAGING PLANT ALL THE TIME, YET STILL FORWARDED ME DECLARATIONS TO DECLARE THE ITEM MISSING. I SIGNED FOR THE PACKAGE AND TO MY SURPRISE THE CONTENTS WAS ACTUALLY UNDAMAGED!!. SUPER THE HORROR STORY IS OVER !!!!

NOPE, NOW THE USPS WANTS TO KNOW WHAT THE HELL IM DOING DECLARING A PACKAGE MISSING THAT I HAVE SIGNED FOR AND RECIEVED!, TO DATE I HAVE NOT REPLIED TO THAT. LET THEM FIGURE IT OUT I GUESS. AS LONG AS I DONT FIND MYSELF IN COURT NOW BEING TOLD I COMMITTED FRAUD. ALL THE BEST ON EBAY EVERYONE.
Message 16 of 31
latest reply

Good lord.

Ann

Message 17 of 31
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
4 great Canada Post Horror Story Entries and Counting... Keep writing, and send photos too if you have them. Still 58 days left until the October 31st deadline. Enter your story now.
Message 18 of 31
latest reply

Not particularly horrible, but shows ineptness. Shipped a figurine from BC to ON. 3 weeks later, lady wonders where it is. Looked up the tracking, and had this conflicting series of events come up:

2006/09/01 20:50 OTTAWA, ON Item successfully delivered to Receiver's address

2006/08/22 18:25 OTTAWA, ON Item has been received at the Post Office for pick up as a carded item

2006/08/22 17:14 OTTAWA, ON Item has been received at the Post Office for pick up as a carded item ALTA VISTA P.O.

2006/08/22 16:41 OTTAWA, ON Attempted delivery. A delivery notification card was left with pick-up details

2006/08/22 AM OTTAWA, ON Item successfully delivered to Receiver's address

2006/08/22 11:51 OTTAWA, ON Item out for delivery

2006/08/21 02:51 OTTAWA, ON Item accepted and entered into sortation plant

2006/08/20 16:28 MONTREAL, QC Item accepted and entered into sortation plant

2006/08/16 23:18 RICHMOND, BC Item accepted and entered into sortation plant

2006/08/16 17:31 VICTORIA, BC Shipping details electronically submitted

2006/08/16 15:08 VICTORIA, BC Item accepted at the Post office

How could it be successfully delivered, then carded for delivery, twice? Told the lady to check her local post office, and she picked it up. She never was left a card.
Message 19 of 31
latest reply

treatster
Community Member
I think just their pricing policy is a joke, horror and embarrassment on its own.

$4.65 cdn to ship a pair of boot insoles to Hawaii,Alaska or any other U.S. state handled by USPS & Canada Post BUT over $5 to send a pair to even my own address OR $8.50 + gst for same pair of boot insoles to British Columbia and handled ONLY by Canada Post!!!!!

Three pairs to U.K. sent separately via 1 dbl package and 1 single package for $21.35 cdn.

Send the three pairs in one package and it costs $27.55

....or how about a community mail box in an industrial complex robbed just about weekly for almost two months ! No one smart enough to catch a robber that returns to the scene of the crime weekly!

Never did catch them either ...they finally moved the boxes from the parking lot and put them inside a unit that had a lobby and stairway to get to the offices above the industrial units.
Message 20 of 31
latest reply