Can't anyone else see that ebay has it backwards?

I'm a16 year registered member of ebay and I can't keep quiet anymore. I am both a buyer and a seller with 100% positive feedback on well over 1000 transactions. Is it just me or are their others that are absolutely appalled at ebay's policy of rating their sellers? I PAY EBAY, I AM THEIR CUSTOMER, I SHOULD BE RATING EBAY, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND!!! My customers have been 100% happy why should I pay ebay to be grading my performance??! This is so twisted I must wonder why I continue to deal with so many unethical and ill conceived business practices.
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Can't anyone else see that ebay has it backwards?

@toby**bleep**zu wrote:

They do release that, wingo publishes it on occasion on his blog. This is from last fall, he hasn't written as much this year.  Some have seen slower growth then others, there has never been a big category fall other then when gold influenced coins.  Video games were slightly negative before the new ones came out last year.  The same chart for many past quarters is there  if anyone wanted to scroll through wingos site long enough.  There has been no fall in collectibles.  the annual change for this is q3 2012 to 2013

do you have Canadian sales by categories? 

Is there a comparison of sales on ebay for the percentage of sales by yearly dollar sales? Ie. how much market share of ebay does the under 250k have year to year.  

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

no, they will never release anything close to that detail

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

@toby**bleep**zu wrote:

no, they will never release anything close to that detail

so then really broad comparisons of the overall growth of ebay do not really mean anything when looking at an individual seller (s) or category, or location. 

Really, Ebay can be raking in the cash while very large markets (China) fail. 

Ebay could easily be doing well in the US, or with large corporations while smaller sellers or locations suffer. 

Message 23 of 23
latest reply