Canada Post Government Study

"The House of Commons’ Standing Committee on Government Operations and Estimates (OGGO) would like to invite you to appear before the Committee in Winnipeg on Friday, October 21 from 8:30 a.m. until 9:30 a.m. in view of its study on Canada Post."

I get five minutes for a presentation and then they ask me questions.

Input. I need input. I really do not care what it is as I want all angles.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 222
latest reply
221 REPLIES 221

Re: Canada Post Government Study

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

i would love to see that post.

Good morning pj.    I read your (shorter) post in response to rose-dee and remembered right away that someone had posted here that U.S. sellers were angry that Canadians were able to use that go-around and this was the reason (or at least one of the reasons) eBay changed it.

At the time it struck me as odd because most of the time they don't even notice we exist.  That's why it stuck in my memory after all this time.

In any case, I'm not following this argument very closely at all and it would take quite a bit of effort to dig that post up again.  I'm 80% sure that it was Pierre who posted it, but it could have been someone else.  You could start by asking him.

If it wasn't his post and you want to follow it up further then go back to the threads during the time they made this change and you should be able to find it.

Message 221 of 222
latest reply

Re: Canada Post Government Study

I vaguely recall that too. It was right after the change went from uploading tracking (for which a small packets postage receipt number would suffice) to only validated tracking. It would probably take hours to find that post. And it may have been purely speculative or conjecture. I don't know that ebay itself ever cited a reason for the change to validated tracking only.

Message 222 of 222
latest reply