Canada Post changes

ecbluestar
Community Member

Eliminating insurance for small packet international makes big difference for product I sell, new tracked package is almost twice that expensive for 1kg parcel.

How that effect you other sellers any advice? 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Canada Post changes

This has been discussed in these forums since the Canada Post changes were announced in mid Dec. Research other topics on this issue.

How many items did you lose and have to claim insurance on when using Small Packet before?

Then decide if self insuring (no insurance) is acceptable to continue using Small Packet and accept your loss rate versus paying much more for insurance with Tracked Packet. You will find that accepting the risk and self insuring will save much more than paying for Tracked Packet.

For items that are higher value, use third party insurance (like shipsurance) and pay $1.50 US approximately for $100 insurance. Please not that not all countries are covered by third party insurance and the items covered is restricted. Know the terms before.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

ecbluestar
Community Member

Thanks for reply, I must to miss all that Canada Post talk. I guess I have to get used to the new shipping options, and from my experience learning from mistakes could be costly.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Given the value of your items, and the demographic I imagine you are selling into, I would definitely be insuring any parcels.

The postal system is very good at delivering, but eBay is notorious for sketchey claims of non-delivery. Insurance is more important than Signature Confirmation of Delivery, and private insurers are a good option.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply