Canadians, Post your GSP gripes on US ebay, it's now 'Selling'

Heaven or Lithium alone knows why the old thread suggesting this was both bumped and locked, but the point remains valid.

Go to the US 'selling' board and post your gripes there, and keep posting them  because amalgamating half a dozen boards makes posts vanish of the front page in a few hours.

The thousands of posts in the pinned threads if posted where sellers might have some chance of seeing them would satnd more chance of being an eye opener to the often unaware US sellers using this program.

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Canadians, Post your GSP gripes on US ebay, it's now 'Selling'

Remember, keep complaining on the US boards, no one but buyers in Canada (and occasionally other countries) will see it here.

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

I did just that, I posted my issue on the US site. In the end, I think I will have to eat my pride. My video game works great, its just the fact they carved a hole in my instruction manual for a rare NES game. The whole issue with having to reship it back, wait for monies, etc. It just isn't worth the wait. After all the game works fine, it just the instruction manual that go roughly handled when they ripped open the package to repackage my one nes game with manual. What the hell are they doing in their warehouse at Pitney Bowes.

Here is the link to the American site that I posted on

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping-Returns/GSP-Ripped-my-Manual-for-Rare-NES-Game/qaq-p/24096365

Another user recommended shipping it all back and getting everything refunded. The game is rather expensive and it was nice to have the manual, but I would rather to keep everything. I just got a email back from the seller, and they offered a small refund of $4.00. I think I will be taking them up on the offer as I want to keep everything, but at least let it be known, using GSP also opens you up to the risk of them ruining your item being shipped when they go through this repackaging business.

Have a great day.

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

You weren't necessarily given the correct advice. If an item is damaged or lost after it arrives at the gsp center, then the gsp generally provides a full refund and do not require the item to be returned. You would have to file an item not as described for the item but if the gsp was at fault, the seller won't be penalized in any way.

Message 23 of 29
latest reply

I read on the forum somewhere that typically full refund covers damaged items only, and not "not as described". I just do not want the seller to be dinged for anything that wasn't their fault. I want the game and the manual, no need to return it but I want PB to be responsible for their blunder.

I appreciate your quick response

Message 24 of 29
latest reply

It was not described as 'damaged in transit' so it was 'not as described.

Claims of damage are apparently settled quite simply with no return needed. The seller loses nothing.

It's not really the sellers fault unless inadequate packaging to survive the perennial box cutters was their fault.

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

I brought it to the seller's attention, I want to keep them in the loop. I tend to be really delicate when opening my packages, in fact I film myself opening packages all the time now, because I worry about damage during shipping. The packaging seemed durable in terms of being shipped, just not by "perennial box cutter massacre" There was enough space in the pouch to know where the game was when opening it, and could have opened it with no harm done.

I will probably open a ticket regarding the damage, and hopefully PB picks up the tab.

Thank You

Message 26 of 29
latest reply

@moviegod99 wrote:

I brought it to the seller's attention, I want to keep them in the loop.

The seller does not need to be kept in the loop. One of the main points of the GSP, on the selling side, is that sellers are "off the hook" for any problem not their fault, once the package reaches the GSP hub in Kentucky. Once that happens, their part is done. Bringing them into the loop can only serve to confuse matters.

The best thing for you to do, as has been pointed out, is to open a "not as described" complaint. If you receive a damaged item, it is "not as described" unless the damage was shown and explained in the listing. Since the damage occurred at the hub, PB will be on the hook for the refund (you'll get your entire payment back) and as the GSP does not support returns, you'll also be keeping what you received. It's one of the very few instances where the buyer actually comes out ahead with the GSP.

Posting on the US boards is nice if you want to let US sellers know how you feel about the GSP but chances are you'll be getting bad advice over there if you have a problem that needs solving. Because the program has been so badly explained (or not explained at all), very few people over there know how to deal with problems, which typically happen on the buyer's side. You're much more likely to get a correct answer to your problem on this board.

Message 27 of 29
latest reply

I appreciate the help and info " 00nevermind00 ". I only posted on the U.S. forum to also have them aware that things like this happens with GSP. I called Ebay Customer Service and opened a ticket like you described. However it is good to keep the seller in the loop because they need to ignore the ticket on their end so I can escalate the inquiry further with ebay to investigate PB on Wednesday.

Besides I think it it is good common courtesy to let the seller knows whats going on when something happens to their shipped item. They were actually appalled at what happened, and it was the first time they were using GSP and said they would rather not use them again if stuff like this is happening to their items being sent abroad.

Message 28 of 29
latest reply

Everything worked out. It took five days from the initial opening a issue with Ebay, to have them look over the case and refund my money within 24 hours, with no issues with the seller. I made sure though I did all this over the phone. The staff from Ebay actually did a real good job.
Message 29 of 29
latest reply