Counterfeit items not being removed?

Would be nice if eBay took counterfeit reports seriously.

I'm a bright Bright and I live to expose fraud and BS! I am not a truther, birther, libertarian.
Little cheaters cause big problems.
Buyer Beware, sellers may bully you here under aliases. Be an honest, skeptical and reasonable buyer.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Counterfeit items not being removed?

Most sellers agree.

BUT

There are a lot of counterfeits offered.

There are a lot of buyers who are happy with a cheap knockoff, even when they know it is fake.

There are many nasty sellers who Report real items as being fake, leaving eBay to sort them out.

And there are a lot of self-described experts, who know less than the average banana.

The most useful anti-counterfeit  is the VeRO program, but even there sellers with authentic products get shut down all too often.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Point taken

HOWEVER knowingly selling a counterfeit item or allowing it is actually an offence in Canada under the Criminal Code of Canada.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Most counterfeits are not from North American or European sellers.

The Australians are usually masked accounts from Chinese sellers.

And China, which lists the vast majority of the fakes, has no rule of law.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

ebay rarely takes down an item that is reported counterfeit unless the person who reported is a rights holder of that product. They have no way of knowing whether or not the person who reported it is right about it being counterfeit.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

what about clear evidence even an eBay support tool could figure out?

A direct statement from the developer copyright & trademark holder on their site for example say

"We only produce items in Japan, any product produced in China is counterfeit"

eBay is knowingly supporting the counterfeit market.

I await for my account to be suspended now.

I'm a bright Bright and I live to expose fraud and BS! I am not a truther, birther, libertarian.
Little cheaters cause big problems.
Buyer Beware, sellers may bully you here under aliases. Be an honest, skeptical and reasonable buyer.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply