Did anyone else get the following email?

Supposedly from eBay offering 6,000 free listings for fixed price.

I don't like opening links, and it is not on my eBay page or the announcements on .com or .ca.

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Not yet.

Message 2 of 36
latest reply

I did receive it earlier tonight and it appears to be a fake (spoof).

It appears to come from emarsys.net (a marketing outfit)

Whatever you do - do NOT click on any link within that message.

Message 3 of 36
latest reply

If a messages is from eBay, a copy of the message will also appear in eBay messages...

eBay messages are secure within a person's account on eBay.

If one checks the record of messages on eBay messages....  one should always be sure whether the message was from eBay or otherwise...

However... and a very important HOWEVER... hackers are getting better with each passing day...

I never trust anything.... unless I am really positive where the email came from.

Message 4 of 36
latest reply

No, I wouldn't open the link, for some reason, the colors didn't seem right, and I always check in my messages, and it is not there. I will forward it to spoof @ ebay.

Message 5 of 36
latest reply

I have the offer in my "Promotional Offers" section.  Looks legit.  Never got an email or anything in ebay messages, but I often don't.  Usually just appears in the promo section.

Message 6 of 36
latest reply

The offer I just received which looks very legitimate is for 1000 free fixed priced listings. After reading the previous messages, i am too paranoid to open the "active" link. No matter because I prefer auctions and just  2 days ago the promotion for 20000 auctions just ended . I will just leave the offer remain unused until finish time..

Message 7 of 36
latest reply

It is an offer made through Ebay, so it is good to go.  Question does anyone know if its accumulative?  Or is it restricted to 1000 per day and if you don't use it, you lose it?

Message 8 of 36
latest reply

"the colors didn't seem right,"

That was also my first reaction.

Message 9 of 36
latest reply

Didn't receive the email, but it's showing up on myebay 🙂

Message 10 of 36
latest reply

Yes, it looks okay, has now appeared in my ebay page. I always thinks it better to be safe than sorry!

Message 11 of 36
latest reply

Showed up in junk folder. I am not impressed.

Photobucket
Message 12 of 36
latest reply

I have the offer on my My Ebay page but it is only for .ca not for..comSmiley Sad

Message 13 of 36
latest reply

That was for .ca. Got a different one on my eBay page today. List 1,000 in 24 hours, that I received 8 hours into the promo.

I am still not impressed.
Photobucket
Message 14 of 36
latest reply

The promotion reads:

Sellers can list 1,000 listings per day, for a maximum of 6,000 listings over the 6-day period, as part of this Promotion on the US site at www.ebay.com, eBay Motors at www.ebay.com/motors (Parts & Accessories and Automotive Tools & Supplies only), eBay Canada at www.ebay.ca, or with an eBay Mobile application for iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone, or BlackBerry in the US and Canada.

Unfortunately, eBay shows available on eBay.ca when you view on eBay.ca and eBay.com when you view on eBay.com

However, the promotion is available to both sites (as tested and confirmed this morning)

Message 15 of 36
latest reply

eBay must favour you lot, as once again, I get nothing, nowt, zero, zilch.

Today I have over 1100 items ending and I really could use a promo. Think I'll go hang meself now and put an end to this misery once and for all!! Cat Tongue 

Message 16 of 36
latest reply

@gillian1023 wrote:

eBay must favour you lot, as once again, I get nothing, nowt, zero, zilch.

Today I have over 1100 items ending and I really could use a promo. Think I'll go hang meself now and put an end to this misery once and for all!! Cat Tongue 

Let's do a Thelma and Louise!

Photobucket
Message 17 of 36
latest reply

"I get nothing, nowt, zero, zilch."

Please take a minute and check your eBay Preferences.  Do you allow eBay to send you promotional offers or not?

That is often the key to the problem.

Go to "Accounts" -->> Communications Preferences -->> Promotions and Surveys.

Make sure you have ticked General email promotions and sellers email promotions.

Message 18 of 36
latest reply

I think that this is the first time that I actually got an email, I usually just find them on my eBay. Listed 4 on .com and 3 on .ca, the .ca ones didn't show up in the promotion.

Message 19 of 36
latest reply

Yep Pierre...all that is set correctly. And I've checked everywhere...messages, promotional offers on my eBay page. Nowt. I have had promos in the past, but not for ages. What a bummer! 😞
Message 20 of 36
latest reply