Ebay protected my account?

Did anyone else get this message from Ebay today and what does it mean?

If I had a money back guarantee request, I didn't know about it!!  And I went to my Seller Dashboard and don't see anything different?!

this is the message:

"Thanks for consistently delivering exceptional service to your buyers. We're here to provide you a marketplace where you can sell with confidence. That's why we've taken the following steps during the past month to protect your account: Prevented 1 eBay Money Back Guarantee request(s) from being opened too early in the past 2 months We've already updated your seller dashboard to reflect these changes, which are for transactions made during the past year. When we remove transaction defects, your transaction defect rate may not go down if you had transactions that received more than one defect. We'll continue to improve our monitoring, detection systems, and policies to protect sellers like you. To see these updates, go to your seller dashboard."

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Ebay protected my account?

answered in the other thread

You don't see anything different because eBay PREVENTED defects from being given.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Sorry, I didn't see the other thread when I wrote mine. 

Thanks for the answer!     I wish I knew which sale it was, not that it really matters as the person must have received the item after all.

Thanks again!!  🙂

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

got same email  which seems to be some sort of form letter that makes eBay look good by saying they saved my ass---but I view it as a bunch of B..S. !

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

e_knny
Community Member

I got the same email and apparently 10 people tried to open cases against me the past 2 months.

Thats 10 potential defects, and I dont even sell that much

Wow this just amazes me, who are these impatient buyers

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Ebay has so many rules that now they have explain how well they work lol
Message 7 of 7
latest reply