Feedback

I was told by a customer that she could not leave feedback for me on communication, as there wasn't any. I though somewhere along the line it was posted not to contact the customer for completed  shipping , just click the completed box and the customer would get the message. I am being penalize for no communication.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Feedback

Maybe there is a "communication" problem here.

Is it possible your buyer meant to say she could not leave DSR for communication because you automatically get a 5 from eBay under specific conditions:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/feedback/detailed-seller-ratings.html 

"If the seller met specific requirements, the seller automatically receives a 5-star communication detailed seller rating, and you won't be able to change the rating."

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

They started eliminating the communication DSR a while back. Used to be you needed to answer every message from every ding-bat or down went yer DSR. eBay came to the realization that theer are a lot of lonely people who do nothing but send messages.

I should get punished because I won't reply to a buyer in Spain who is offering pennies on the dollar, on a BIN, wants free shipping, and tells me to ?

Gradually they are eliminating DSR.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

If you dont answer the buyer's message then the buyer can rate the communication dsr.  Its only if both parites never send a message (and shipping/tracking criteria that most Canadians cant meet anyway) that the star cant be rated.   If as few as 3 (or 2 with a multiple buy) buyers in a year don't like that they didn't get or didn't like an answer, then ebay starts punishment with removal of the TRS discount

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

"last edited 13m ago by Moderatorlizzier-ca "

What exactly does that mean?

Is eBay staff editing our posts?

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

"last edited 13m ago by Moderator@lizzier-ca "

What exactly does that mean?

Is eBay staff editing our posts?

That's done by the company that replaced live world and they do edit out certain words, email addresses etc.

If they do edit a post, they send that person a message which can be found by clicking on the letter icon near the top of this page. If you reply to their message, they may someimes reply to you too.. I thought that was impressive.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

If they are planning to read/edit .com posts on  their own they must have a huge increase in staff resources from what was here before.  Maybe the com ps board will finally be rid of that guy who has spammed threads for years about the obama empty suit

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@toby**bleep**zu wrote:

If they are planning to read/edit .com posts on  their own they must have a huge increase in staff resources from what was here before.  Maybe the com ps board will finally be rid of that guy who has spammed threads for years about the obama empty suit

Or maybe they have a program that finds certain words, email addresses etc but then requires a real person to check it out?? Othewise, like you said, it would be a HUGE job to monitor those boards.

Obama suit? lol I don't think that I've ran into that guy.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

btw toby....have you noticed how your name comes when someone copies your reply? Man LOL

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

"they send that person a message..."

OK - I just found it.

At the bottom of the menu page, there is a section for "private messages".  I found one telling me one of my post had been edited to read:

"Accident?  Illness?  Does it matter?  it is all __ and everybody knows it."

According to the monitor, there were two offending letters which had to be removed (abbreviation of a non-acceptable expression - Bitter Sweet!).  Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Toby "BLEEP" Zu

I didn't get that at first. Had to look.

Well, they are editing rather than blue slapping. Did that to me on another board. Message loses its meaning with half of it gone.

Nice to know that censorship is the norm.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Used to be you needed to answer every message from every ding-bat or down went yer DSR.

If you dont answer the buyer's message then the buyer can rate the communication dsr.

But the magic word here is BUYER. If some dingbat is sending you questions, and you ignore him, he still can't affect your DSRs unless he buys something from you. 

Which brings us to the uses of the Blocked Bidder List.....

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Thanks for the comments. I found and reread the rules. I think I am not getting a 5 each time because I cann't supply tracking information to the US most of the time. This option in Canada is too expensive, it would scare those few buyers out there away.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply