GLOBAL SHIPPING SCAM

This is an absolute money grab scam.

I have been purchasing on EBAY for many years and in most cases with the post office even on items purchased outside EBAY there is no need for customs papers, a broker etc. etc. and the large majority of items are delivered with no additional costs other than what the seller has charged.

Chances are I will quite buying on EBAY until this is resolved and as another poster stated I will be filing claims with THE FCAC.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

GLOBAL SHIPPING SCAM

marnotom!
Community Member

@christophervolk wrote:

This is an absolute money grab scam.

I have been purchasing on EBAY for many years and in most cases with the post office even on items purchased outside EBAY there is no need for customs papers, a broker etc. etc. and the large majority of items are delivered with no additional costs other than what the seller has charged.

Chances are I will quite buying on EBAY until this is resolved and as another poster stated I will be filing claims with THE FCAC.

Your second paragraph is quite correct.

Your first paragraph needs a bit of elaboration.  Who's grabbing what money, exactly?  Why is it a "scam"?

Your third paragraph also needs a bit of elaboration.  On what grounds will you be filing your complaint?

You may want to poke around the many threads on these discussion boards on the Global Shipping Program if you haven't done so already.  I'm not a big fan of it either, but there's a lot of misinformed buyers out there, too.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

GLOBAL SHIPPING SCAM

FCAC is an agency of the government of Canada

http://www.fcac-acfc.gc.ca/eng/index-eng.asp

So, if I understand it correctly, you want to file a claim with an agency of the government of Canada (FCAC) because another federal agency (CRA) wants to collect taxes due (GST/HST) at time of importation as required by Canadian laws.

Good Luck and please come back and let us know how FCAC respond to your 'claim".

Message 3 of 3
latest reply