GSP Shipping

What shipper do they use with the GSP program.   I bought an item that was located in California,  it was shipped via UPS to some Global Shipping Center in Erlanger KY USA,  there is a totally different tracking number on it now,  and it's not USPS, UPS, FED EX, Purolator, DHL,   i'm confused.    It was supposed to come to Canada,   why go south thru Kentucky when it's supposed to go North to Canada ?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: GSP Shipping

The SELLER ships it to KY at which point their responsibility is over. Then Pitney Bowes takes over and takes care of taxes/duties etc. and forwards it on to you in Canada. I have received things via Fedex/Canada Post/Canpar. It will be fine, don't panic, although many people HATE the GSP program is great in a lot of ways. You should be able to see tracking information in "my ebay". Try Canada Post.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: GSP Shipping

why go south thru Kentucky when it's supposed to go North to Canada ?

It's called 'spoke and hub' shipping. The airlines use it too.

The parcel is sent from thousands of small points destined all over the world to one large central point. The HUB

Then hundreds of parcels are packed in one container (truck or plane) and shipped to another central location, again a HUB, in the destination country.

Then the container is emptied and the parcel continues out to its final destination.

And actually, this is exactly what USPS and Canada Post (or UPS or FedEx or DHL) would do if they had been used for shipping. If I ship something from Victoria BC to Joe Batt's Arm NL,there is no direct route. It could go Victoria, Vancouver, Calgary, St Johns, JBA.

Or to NYC, perhaps Vancouver, Los Angeles, Chicago, NYC.

Sometimes knowing too much is more stressful than ignorance.

Your parcel will turn up in good time.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply