Global Shipping Program? I think this is a service. I will no longer bid these items.

ruladen
Community Member

I will not support sellers using this service. The manner in which it's calculated is rediculous - almost 25% of the final selling price on top of the sellers shipping cost. What a scam.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Global Shipping Program? I think this is a service. I will no longer bid these items.

Totally agree!  Drop the extra charges or lose buyers.  Just a money grab!

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

@ruladen wrote:

I will not support sellers using this service. The manner in which it's calculated is rediculous - almost 25% of the final selling price on top of the sellers shipping cost. What a scam.

There's lots of threads on the Global Shipping Program.  I do have to question your use of math, though.  If you read the buyer terms and conditions page, you'll see that import charges are not calculated on a flat percentage basis.  Sure, they may work out to be a good chunk of the selling price for an item that probably shouldn't have been listed with the GSP, but if you check listings for larger or more expensive items, you'll likely find that the import charges make up quite a different percentage of the selling price.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply