Hi, I sold an iPad Air first generation in perfect condition, absolutely no problems.

A few days after the buyer received the item, he contacted me saying that the battery is weak, and he wants a refund. As I never had a problem with the battery ( I am writing on the iPad I sold him and using it for the last 5 hours and the battery went down from 95% to 65% during this time) I asked him to contact Apple customer service. He said he was on line with them for 2 hours with no result. That was not true, as when I asked him to send me the conversation with them, so I would know what is wrong, he never answer me. Apple always emails you the conversation for your records. So, eBay made me accept the return and pay the shipping cost. Now I've got the item back, and is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Of course I can't find a phone number for eBay anywhere. 

I really don't want to pay for any of the shipping cost ( send or return). 

What can I do????

thank you so much ....

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Hi, I sold an iPad Air first generation in perfect co...

Refunds are a part of selling on eBay regardless of the reason.

The buyer basically changed his mind about the iPad but opened a "item not as described" claim with eBay. That's why you had to pay for return shipping. 

There's nothing you can do on your end except "block" the buyer from buying from you in the future.

Be thankful it arrived safely and in perfect working condition. You can now relist the item for sale again and hope for a more positive outcome.

Welcome to selling on eBay....     

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Also.... if you wish you can click "Help & Contact" at the top of the eBay home page.  

"Browse by Topic" click Selling, then click "Resolving selling problems" then click "Appealing the decision on a case" .

At the bottom of the page it will say "Need our assistance"  click on the "Contact us" box and you will get eBay's Customer Service  number.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You can Report the Buyer for abusing Returns but be thankful you got your item back in good condition. Others are not so lucky. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Yeah I had someone do something similar to me. Prove to eBay that the item was exactly as described, it should be the buyer having to prove it was not as described. Tell eBay you were agreeable on accepting the return but it clearly states on your sale that if it is returned the buyer pays for return shipping. Phone them, chat with them, keep on their ass to prove your point. eBay and that customer have no right to take advantage of you! this is your business and you have every right to speak up. Don't lay down and let them walk all over you. If you believe your right then let them know and keep letting them know. Especially if you got negative feedback over it. If your HONEST and you KNOW your right don't let them walk all over you because they will keep doing it. You do have to pick your battles so if this hurts your feedback then definitely go after them, if it is a substantial amount of money then definitely go after them. If your feedback wasn't hurt and the amount was minor then yeah let it go but make sure you block the buyer and give him negative feedback. Make sure you tell eBay you DO NOT agree with them. Don't let eBay or Paypal walk all over you if your right, it's your business and integrity. If you let it go the Customer thinks oh that was easy I can get away with that no problem and uses it again and let eBay know they can't just make a quick decision and stick you with the bill! Both eBay and Paypal have tried this on me and I ended up getting the decisions turned around because I could prove my point and they realized they couldn't walk all over me. I have been with both Paypal and eBay for 13 years now and believe me it makes a difference in future decisions if any.

Just my opinion

John
Message 5 of 5
latest reply