Atlanta GA 30303-1294
United States

This location is actually a hotel:

Hyatt Regency

250 Peachtree St NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30303-1294
United States

What is the (Check in Nov 6) business?

I've stayed at many hotels and always had a room number.

I've asked for clarification of the shipping address, but haven't received a response.

Will cancel tomorrow morning unless I receive it.

It's only a $5 item + $2 S&H, but if I were so willing to give up $7 I'd rather give it to the 'buggy lady' over at the mall.

Comments?

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Hotel address?

Uh....

Is this tracked?

What kind of name is Bla Bla?

Is the item something that could be construed as a prank on a person who works there? 

As the seller, I think you are right to be leery of this. 

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

Okay then... John Doe (Check in Nov 6)
I can't post the buyer's name. 'Bla Bla' is a fictitious name

If I'd just shown (Check in Nov 6) that would be really confusing.

You ain't gettin' "tracked" for $2 S&H.

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

Oh! Duh. Ha ha. I thought it was the buyer's name, that's funny. Of course you cannot post it. Sorry.

So, actual name plus weird address and no tracking.

I would not ship it until I had an answer from the buyer, or Cancel Order citing problem with the address. Check-in date is not valid. 

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

Or not. Maybe it is. Considering I just thought your buyer's name was actually Bla Bla, best not to take any advice form me today. 

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

(Leaving room in an attempt to be graceful but knocking over a floor lamp instead.)

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

I could use an un-knocked over floor lamp.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 25
latest reply

"(Leaving room in an attempt to be graceful but knocking over a floor lamp instead.)"

Getting a few chuckles... Thanks.

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

What country is the buyer from?  They are prob visiting the US and checking into the hotel on that date though it does seem to be early to be sending something for November.  i have sent  a couple of things to hotels before without a problem but I don't know if I would be comfortable sending it this far ahead of time.

It's odd that he didn't include the name of the hotel in the address. 

Is the '250' in the second address a typo?  Actually address looks to be 265

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

Good point. If you have things mailed to a hotel, will they really hold it a month? Or send it back. I assume there would be issues with storage or liability.
Message 10 of 25
latest reply

This is really very interesting. It never occurred to me that you can do this. I don't travel much as I am sure you can tell.

http://ask.metafilter.com/80101/Mail-to-a-hotel

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

Various random strangers on the internet say it's okay.
In the thread I posted anyway.  

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

"Is the '250' in the second address a typo? Actually address looks to be 265"

Sorry pjcdn2005... Yes '250' is a typo.

Location should read:

Hyatt Regency

265 Peachtree St NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30303-1294
United States

Here's a pic from Google:

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/265+Peachtree+St+NE+Atlanta,+Georgia,+30303-1294/@33.7615695,-84.38...

On a positive note, it's a small purchase and the buyer has 353 feedback.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/162174809708

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

People in some industries, such as gas and oil exploration, spend more time living in hotels than at home. It's not impossible he's coming to NY for an extended stay, and he/she certainly picked a nice hotel. But, arriving Nov 6 seems odd. Hotels will hold onto packages for someone arriving later, but this seems like a stretch, unless it's for someone they know (previous guest).

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

People from countries where the mail never gets through, Mexico, do this.

Photobucket
Message 15 of 25
latest reply

I shipped twice to the hotel in Ontario.was ok
Message 16 of 25
latest reply

Really, I learned something new today. I had no idea a hotel would do this for its guests that had not yet arrived but now that I do know, of course it makes perfect sense! How very interesting. 

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

Since there is no room number, if you do decide to ship include their ebay "name" in brackets after their real name. Ebay ID's are unique, but real names often are not.

-..-

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

I travel to Japan every couple year, and if I want to save money on postage (because domestic is soooo much cheaper than international, and I don't want the parcel bounced back since I'll be away, and some sellers only ship domestic), I do buy things and have it sent to the hotel / inn / whatever that I will be staying at, usually within a couple weeks of my arrival and I do tell the seller my check-in date so that they can note it on the package for the hotel staff to hold. Yes, hotels will hold on to the package for you free of charge (the ones I stayed at anyway) and they check my passport to confirm that it's indeed me who bought the package when I check in to pick them up. The sellers never bothered to put the online shopping account name on the package either. 

Not so sure about as early as a month in advance, though. I'd also message the buyer to double check and ASK the buyer if it is okay to put their eBay name on the package as well. Some people do not want their real name and eBay name be associated together publicly. 

It's normal to NOT have a room number on there because the hotel probably doesn't know which room to put you in until close to the check-in date anyway lol. 

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

And I have heard from friends that some hotels do charge a holding fee, probably depending on size or length of hold duration. Might still be worth it if the seller only ships domestic or the postage difference is huge.
Message 20 of 25
latest reply