Atlanta GA 30303-1294
United States

This location is actually a hotel:

Hyatt Regency

250 Peachtree St NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30303-1294
United States

What is the (Check in Nov 6) business?

I've stayed at many hotels and always had a room number.

I've asked for clarification of the shipping address, but haven't received a response.

Will cancel tomorrow morning unless I receive it.

It's only a $5 item + $2 S&H, but if I were so willing to give up $7 I'd rather give it to the 'buggy lady' over at the mall.

Comments?

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Hotel address?

@zee-chan wrote:

... I'd also message the buyer to double check and ASK the buyer if it is okay to put their eBay name on the package as well. Some people do not want their real name and eBay name be associated together publicly. 

Tough for them, they are sending to a public location. They can use a different buying ID if that's a concern.

Real life: people with the same name can (and do) show up at a hotel on the same day. For example, if Frank W Smith and Frank W Smith arrive at a hotel where they both have reservations -- who gets the package? Does the hotel staff flip a coin to see which Frank W Smith wins?

-..-

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

@mcrlmn wrote:

On a positive note, it's a small purchase and the buyer has 353 feedback.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/162174809708

Indeed.  So much hand-wringing over seven bucks and fees.

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

Yet when I prowl through the Negative or Neutral Feedback that other Sellers have gotten, it seems like nine times of ten, it's over items valued at less than $10. I've always thought this to be strange but it seems to me that customers will get angrier over the perceived shoddiness of a $1 item that a $50 one. 

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

"So much hand-wringing over seven bucks and fees"

It becomes a lot more of a headache, loss, etc if the buyer doesn't get their item on Nov 6.

I have found the thread informative, and enjoyed reading other member's opinions regarding shipping to hotels.

zee-chan wrote:

... I'd also message the buyer...".. 

I've messaged this buyer twice since the purchase, but haven't received a response.

That is irritating because the buyer has been logged in making 8 purchases from 5 other buyers since the purchase from me.

CP mail pickup is in a couple of hours. If I haven't any clarification by then, I will cancel.

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@zee-chan wrote:

... I'd also message the buyer to double check and ASK the buyer if it is okay to put their eBay name on the package as well. Some people do not want their real name and eBay name be associated together publicly. 

Tough for them, they are sending to a public location. They can use a different buying ID if that's a concern.

Real life: people with the same name can (and do) show up at a hotel on the same day. For example, if Frank W Smith and Frank W Smith arrive at a hotel where they both have reservations -- who gets the package? Does the hotel staff flip a coin to see which Frank W Smith wins?

-..-

I had it once where the inn staff asked me about the content and price of the package, I was able to pull out the email with my order details to confirm it's mine. 

Message 25 of 25
latest reply