How do I send a buyer a return shipping label?

How Do I do the return shipping label for a customer? I have no clue. I am in Canada as well. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You can only send a return label if you are both in Canada. You mention in your other post that the buyer is returning the item because of buyer remorse. If that's the case, why are they not paying for their own shipping?

I thought that normally, if both buyer and seller are in the same country a link came up for the buyer to click on to print a label. If the return was for buyers remorse the buyer could print the label and they would be billed for it. If it was a not as described return (nad) then the seller would pay. Perhaps it only works like that in the U.S.??

Is the buyer in Canada and is it a not as described return? If so, I'll tell you how I would try to do the return label. I haven't actually done one so I am just guessing that it would work that way.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Well.. semi-zombie thread but i was looking for help as well.

I just came across my 1st! request to return an item. The buyer is friendly and wants to return so i reply

yes no problem, send it back and i'll refund including postage.

So buyer opened a return request instead. That ebay page takes me to a place to upload a return postage label.

Problem is i can't find any of those options on ebay or Paypal. I call both. They both are very apologetic but tell

me to contact the other (paypal to ebay, ebay to paypal). After over 1 hour i give up.

Yes, apparently i can go to Canada Post and do it? But, after thousands of transactions on ebay and the internet i am still

unable to create a shipping label thru Canada Post website. I've tried so many times thru the years no way i even want

to make things more complicated and create a return ship label!

I re-contact the buyer and ask why not just "return to sender"?  That way i pay Canada Post when the item comes back to me.

Long story short, he will mail me back the item and i will refund him completely. He appears very nice and responds

to messages very quickly so communication is great.

So my pet peeve is, ebay makes all these rules and regulations but leaves the sellers again to fend for themselves.

How hard could it be for me to return to the original transaction, go to the original shipping label, and click on a link

for a return label. I would still have to repay so why is this not an option?

It's like having rules for hockey penalties, but not building a box to serve the 2 minutes.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I'm no help with your problem but it would be good if you asked about this at the weekly board hour on Wednesday with Raphael.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I have come up with a solution!!

From an eBay seller in the nation of the unhappy buyer, purchase mint postage stamps. Have the stamps sent to the unhappy buyer. This shouldn;t take more than a couple of weeks during which the buyer gets madder and madder.

Once the buyer has the stamps, he can use them at his local post office to ship the parcel with delivery confirmation.

I would say this was kicking it old school, if I had any idea what that meant.

Look, it's better than the International Reply Coupons idea I had before. Looks like they may now be obsolete. reply.jpeg

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

If buyer and seller are in the US it is quite simple for the buyer to get a return label. I've never tried to do a Canada\Canada return label but as you said, it should be set up so that it is easy to do.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply