How do i reply to a request changing from no good to dont need it?

Hey i bought an item off this person and they asked me to change the reply request from no good to i don' t need it, but i don't know how to. Can someone give me a heads  up?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Are you asking about a Return request? There is no way to my knowledge for a buyer to alter the reason for a Returns case once it has been opened. 

What is this about? You got something you now don't want, or you got something that wasn't what you ordered?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

If the Return for Refund request is because the item is Not As Described the seller gets a Defect. This has a strong impact on her selling account.

If the Return for Refund request is because the item is Not What I Want/ I changed my mind(Buyer Remorse) there is no negative effect on either the buyer or the seller.

Unfortunately, there is no way to change the reason for the Dispute.

In future, if you have a problem, first contact the seller. Often the problem can be resolved without getting eBay involved.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@dmmicmc-stmacv wrote:

Hey i bought an item off this person and they asked me to change the reply request from no good to i don' t need it, but i don't know how to. Can someone give me a heads  up?

Everything the others have said is true, you can't change the reason once you open your claim AND you should always contact the seller first to explain what the problem is and see what they do.  Some will work with you to solve the problem, others will assume you are fishing for a freebie and tell you to open a claim on eBay.  Since eBay wants you to contact the seller first, its the thing to do. 

I would add this:  Do not close a claim once you open it, at least no until you are happy.  Once you close a claim you can't reopen it again for a "different reason".  You can't re-open it at all.  I am not sure if you can then go to PayPal and open one there or not.  Its not something we can just try out for an experiment.  🙂 

If your seller asks you to close the claim and reopen with a different reason but has given you nothing, don't do it.  Only close it if you are happy to end the whole thing then and there as it is  because that's what will happen. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Sellers do not receive a defect for any type of return as one poster stated. However, when your return reason is because there is something wrong with the item or it is the wrong item, the seller is responsible to pay the cost of the return shipping label.  But if the item was as described but you no longer want or need it, then you would be responsible for return shipping.   

Why are you returning the item?  Is the reason seller caused or buyer caused? If the item is as described and the seller has done nothing wrong you could tell the seller that you can't change the reason but that you'll pay to ship the item back.  But if the seller misdescribed it or sent wrong item etc then the seller may be trying to get you to change the reason so that they aren't responsible foe return shipping.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Also apparently you can open a PayPal claim if you make the mistake of closing the eBay one, or even if the eBay one is denied, so it would seem:

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/Help-canceling-and-redoing-returns-request/m-p/357554#M31...

Good to know, but if you bought something cheap from China it is definitely not worth shipping back so just don't close your eBay claim until you are totally happy.  On eBay for a "Not as Described" item the seller has to pay the shipping back, but not on PP.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

dont want

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@dmmicmc-stmacv wrote:

dont want

It sounds like you are asking how to change your Resolution Center case but the thing is, you CAN'T.  You need to get it right the first time.  If there is nothing wrong with the item but you changed your mind, I don't blame the seller for being annoyed when you opened a case for Not As Described. 

If you close the case you will not be able to open another one, not on eBay at least.  You may be able to on PayPal.  That is why the seller is trying to trick you into "changing" it because the seller knows once you close your case, that's the end of it. 

Since you just "don't want" it any more why not just keep it?  You wanted it at some point so it must be something you like.  You never did say what it was. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Also, the seller quite rightly doesn't want to be stuck paying your return postage. That's the buyer's responsibility on a Don't Want Anymore return.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply