How long does a customer have to pay for an item?

I won an item at 9pm last night but was at the lake.  I just came on to see if I won my item and to pay and found the seller already sent me a message saying they're going to relist!  That's UNBELIEVABLE to me.  It's summer, it's the weekend, I have 100% feedback...it's ridiculous!

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I would go ahead and pay for it now as they

can't file an unpaid case for 4 days.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did his listings say about "immediately payment"?  If not, it certainly he is very impatient wanting $$$ right away.  I have seen some sellers that are so impatient wanting $$$ immediately like 24 hours even for $5.00!!

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I understand your reason for not paying right away. I don't understand people that don't pay as soon as they have found out they won and I know I am not alone because the majority of people that have bought from me have paid immediately. Then there are the ones who don't pay for six days.

Yes, they were a little crazy to get mad that quickly but they have probably been burned. Plus, if it is a popular item then they want to relist if you don't want it.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

It did NOT say immediate payment anywhere!

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Well the auction ended just after 9pm last night, I logged in just before 6pm today so that I can pay if won.  It's a necklace, I don't think there is anything spectacular about the item.  I did in less than 24 hours and had full intention.  I think it's just unfair for them to get so angry without giving me a chance.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Pay the impatient twit.

She can't do a darn thing for a couple more days.

And when you get the necklace you can leave appropriate feedback. The most effective feedback is calm and factual. Negative "Purchased July 5 threatened relist when not paid same day" seems reasonable.

At the same time , you will be asked to leave Detailed Seller Ratings. A normal transaction gets Five Stars. The lowest rating is ONE star. No stars is a Free Pass.

If a seller's DSRs drop below 4.3, her ability to list and sell on eBay is severely restricted.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Thanks for the great info reallynicestamps.  I would just hate that the seller could give me negative feedback for doing that.  I've never had a negative feedback!

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

"I've never had a negative feedback!"

... and you never will.  Seller CANNOT leave negative feedback for buyers.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Hello 'tutusandfrogs',

<<I won an item at 9pm last night ...  I just came on ... and found the seller already sent me a message

saying they're going to relist!>>

Some people have no patience.  Why in blazes do they run auctions?, I wonder.

If you wish to know of ebay's official policy on this sort of thing, from the following link you will see that

sellers are expected to be willing to wait 4 days for payment:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

All sellers like to be paid right away, but sellers who insist on immediate payment must set up their listings

for Immediate Payment Required.  That means fixed price, -- no auctions.  It also means no one can click

'buy'  and retain the item without having gone straight to the checkout and paid first.  This next link tells

all about how it works, if you're curious:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/pay/require-immediate-payment.html#works

Your seller likely had a bad bout of non-payers recently and unfortunately took it out on the wrong person (you).

I'll assume you've paid by now.  So when the item arrives and you are happy with it, I urge you most strongly

NOT to leave any negative or neutral.  You will do yourself more harm than you will the seller.

Sellers are very prickly about people who leave negs to quickly, and can remove bids from their auctions and

block any bidder they choose.  You will help yourself most and be a better person if you can forgive insignificant

transgressions and save your wrath for the truly vile scoundrels you may encounter.

I had something similar happen a few months back.  The auction ended in the middle of the day so whilst

swigging my tea in the morning I placed a bid.  When I got home just before 5pm the seller had sent an invoice

and in the message portion she wrote:  IMMEDIATE PAYMENT REQUIRED!

Sheesh.  It was an auction.  It was a few hours.  So I paid right away of course, but in the message to seller

I replied:   I ALWAYS PAY IMMEDIATELY.  THERE'S NO NEED TO SHOUT.

In the end all went well, I was very happy with my item, we swapped green circles and everyone was happy.

I wish you a good experience with yours.  Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

They should at least give enough time for customers to transfer funds to Pal Pay account if customer doesn't have enough

money in their  PayPal account to pay for item. It takes very long up to 8 days to transfer which is very slow. I wonder why it is so slow and can't do any faster ? It is electronic so should be fast not like paying by cheque.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Buyers do not need money in their PayPal account to pay for a purchase.

Most buyers use a credit card linked to their account. As such the payment is made within seconds to the seller's account.

Otherwise, buyers have the option to send an echeck (US spelling) which takes seven to ten days to clear when drawn on a Canadian bank.  The seller is advised immediately that an echeck is pending.

There is no reason whatsoever for a buyer to delay payment while waiting for funds to be transferred from a bank account to a PayPal account.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Can one use Visa prepaid card to put money into Pay Pal Account ?
Like Visa card from this site-
http://www.giftcardstore.ca/visacard
If so, how do we do it ?
Thanks

@pierrelebel wrote:

Buyers do not need money in their PayPal account to pay for a purchase.

Most buyers use a credit card linked to their account. As such the payment is made within seconds to the seller's account.

Otherwise, buyers have the option to send an echeck (US spelling) which takes seven to ten days to clear when drawn on a Canadian bank.  The seller is advised immediately that an echeck is pending.

There is no reason whatsoever for a buyer to delay payment while waiting for funds to be transferred from a bank account to a PayPal account.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply