I am so happy that I changed my 800 listings to CDN 2 months ago.

From all the problems that all of you are having, I am so happy that I changed all of my 800 .ca listing to Canadian $ in March & April.  It took a long time.  Count 2 minutes for each one multiply that by 800, it took me 26 hours total.  But I am done!  Some sellers said I should wait but the way ebay is working right now, I wouldn't chance it.  During that time, I couldn't list much as I was spending time doing the currency change. 

I don't think that any method that you use is going to save you much time.  Some of you are getting duplicate listings, items listed that have sold etc.  That would drive me crazy.  With over 1200 listings I need to be super organized. 

Also, when I moved about 200 listings over to .com.  I just did a copy paste and for 200 listings it took me almost 20 hours of straight work.  

I wouldn't wait for them to fix the migration tool, just organize what you are going to do and plug through it.  I did mine using turbo lister and then alphabetically.  

Good luck to all of you that are struggling,  I don't think there is a quick fix for this.  

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

How did youmove the scans of the covers? Or do you save them all?

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

I am doing exactly the same thing. I list in Cdn as the US listings end. 300 out of close to 800 so far!

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

I don't quite understand.  I take pictures of the items and they are saved on my computer in turbo lister.  When I relist from there the pictures are there.

For example here is a CD I sold in 2014.  It is listed in Turbo Lister under sold 2014.  The pictures are still there.  From there I can relist on .ca or .com and change all the $ amounts, shipping etc. 

turbo lister pictures.jpg

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

I did the same thing. I changed all my listings to Canadian funds (over 800) over the last few months. It took me a few weeks to do. I was leary of the Migration tool. I was sure there would be a lot of problems & glitches. My sales have actually been pretty steady since I changed from US to Canadian.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

@dustmite007 wrote:

I did the same thing. I changed all my listings to Canadian funds (over 800) over the last few months. It took me a few weeks to do. I was leary of the Migration tool. I was sure there would be a lot of problems & glitches. My sales have actually been pretty steady since I changed from US to Canadian.

Great minds think alike.  I was cursing when I was doing it.  Thinking I could be listing and I was just spending time changing the currency.  Boy am I glad I did that a few months ago.

As far as sales go, I have had the best month ever on ebay.  Normally I sell, anywhere from 40 to 70 a month, so far this month, I have sold 111 and I still have a few days to go.  Now most of my sales, 72 were from one buyer, but hey, I'll take it.  Other than that large buyer it would be an average month for me. 

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

The Migration Tool was released on May 12... took one look at the instructions....That last step did not sound right.

and then... Sellers were encountering problems with the use of the tool.

So here I am

Used the Bulk Edit option .....Revised my item prices... Revised my shipping cost.

Now it is one listing at a time... about one minute per listing..

End the listing...  Relist was started  and the Currency was changed from US to Canadian dollars.

That is about 120 to 125 listings per day.....2 hours per day.....for 30 days.....with the store on vacation

10 days of 30 days have been completed....doing it and watching TV for "entertainment"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - 

One has to conclude that many, if not all sellers, will choose not to use   the Migration Tool.

The tool cannot be trusted....    It is best to be in control 100 % of the time... doing things... using eBay tools that have proven that things can be done correctly.

On June 15  it will be he first day when all listings will be in Canadian dollars....  and it will be the sale of books in Canadian dollars on eBay Canada.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

I've been doing it that way also. And the same time, I'm changing the look of my listings. My living room looks like a zoo at the moment, but as odd as it is to me, I'm having more sales on .ca than I was on .com. (doesn't hurt that I also lowered some prices I guess) My only issue here is that it looks like I'm being charged on .ca AND .com. Anyone else having this issue?

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

I throw on some youtube commentary videos!

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really - now just think about it,eBay made you waste 26 hours of your time redoing your listing. Is there any other Company in the world that would treat its customers in such a fashion.

It is hard to believe that you are happy.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Look at the hundreds of hours required to prepare the 800 listings.

Everything was changed  using tools and methods known to be effective

The end result... Everything is in the right format...  Seller is 100 % in control... 

The process also makes each seller look at what they are selling... and if adjustments are to be made in relation to inventory being sold...

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

I take pictures of the items and they are saved on my computer in turbo lister.

Turbo Lister does not support Macs. And I delete pictures as I go to save memory.

So -- what worked then makes more work now.

And, as pierre is fond of saying, life does go on.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

One has to conclude that many, if not all sellers, will choose not to use   the Migration Tool.

I agree.  It is more convenient to spend an hour or so a day on Close/Sell Similar/revise/ upload over three months* than to spend the same time being aggravated for one day.

Or as appears to be happening, over several days.

And it does push us to rethink long standing listings, including our Terms of Sale and policies.

For sellers with up to 1000 listings, this is a boring exercise.

For sellers with fewer than 100 listings, there is no reason to bother with the Migration Tool.

I notice that over on dotCOM, the revisions program is entering the emails of other sellers. So if you are now listing there, pay attention.

*We have until August to correct our GTC listings.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

I did the same thing, it took a little while, but i only had about 230 on .ca. Some I am moving to .com, but I can just do it at my own pace, (as a senior that is not quick!). At least I know that my listing on ca won't be deleted.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

I just finished my transition yesterday! USD on .ca converted to CAD on .ca

I'm a user of SixBit, the entire process took about an hour to convert my database of 22,000 Items going back to 2001 and all listing and sales history since 2007. The only actual "work" was tweaking my shipping presets a little bit.

It was nice to finally be able to make use of the 100k "free" FP offer.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 15 of 16
latest reply

Many are in the process of conversion........

US to Canadian dollars on eBay Canada... and ... US dollars from eBay Canada to eBay.com

- - - - - - - - - 

The process works ... and most of the transitions have worked without the use of the Migration Tool

The one situation reported  with the use of the Migration Tool... worked ... but it was long... tedious  and a most painful experience  as indicated by that seller...

Then there was the super quick  high volume adjustment....   22,000 listings  ..... faster than a minor wind storm...

Everyone must make their own choice. with respect to which procedure to use ... A primary guide being the number of listings to process...

and trust in the process...

Nothing is going to be easy.... We are all in the same boat paddling in the same direction

Sit down and make it happen

Message 16 of 16
latest reply