I'm being scammed, again!

I am selling a laptop and I am sure that I am being scammed for the second time with this item. The first time he asked for an invoice then eBay removed the listing and the guy tried sending me a fake email to trick me to send him the item somewhere in Nigeria . The same thing is happening this time. He asked me for an invoice with the same message as before. It says that he is going to a meeting but he will be able to answer from his iPhone. I don't even know how he found the listing in the first place. I just uploaded it a couple minutes ago and it's not even visible. What really sets me off is that I still have pay $30 final value fees. This buyer has all 5 stars as well. eBay has the worst protecting ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: I'm being scammed, again!

I stopped reading at Nigeria.

Yep. It's a scam.

eBay will not require you to ship. Stop communicating with the bidder.

Phone eBay on Monday morning. Don't use a phone where you are paying for minutes and bring a good book, you may spend a fair bit of time on Hold.

Just let them know what is happening and ask that the auction be cancelled for an Unwanted Buyer.

They are used to this problem.

Open a Dispute for an Unpaid Item Dispute if you can. Since he will not pay, you should be able to give him a Strike which will make it more difficult for him to bid on eBay in future.

This buyer has all 5 stars as well.

So he is a seller as well as a buyer? Buyers can't get stars. For the same reasons, all buyers have 100% feedback. Only sellers are rated.

Also go to your Seller Preferences. Set up an automatic Block against bidders with UID Strikes, and bidders without active Paypal accounts.

You can also cancel the bid of any auction bidder you like while the auction is active.

You can add the name of any member to your Blocked Bidder List.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I stopped reading at Nigeria.

Yep. It's a scam.

eBay will not require you to ship. Stop communicating with the bidder.

Phone eBay on Monday morning. Don't use a phone where you are paying for minutes and bring a good book, you may spend a fair bit of time on Hold.

Just let them know what is happening and ask that the auction be cancelled for an Unwanted Buyer.

They are used to this problem.

Open a Dispute for an Unpaid Item Dispute if you can. Since he will not pay, you should be able to give him a Strike which will make it more difficult for him to bid on eBay in future.

This buyer has all 5 stars as well.

So he is a seller as well as a buyer? Buyers can't get stars. For the same reasons, all buyers have 100% feedback. Only sellers are rated.

Also go to your Seller Preferences. Set up an automatic Block against bidders with UID Strikes, and bidders without active Paypal accounts.

You can also cancel the bid of any auction bidder you like while the auction is active.

You can add the name of any member to your Blocked Bidder List.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

This buyer won't pay so you should get your fees back by filing an unpaid item claim after 4 days. It is not a good idea to offer to ship computers, iphones and similiar items overseas, especially if you are a newer seller. If I were you, I would list shipping to Canada and the U.S. only. Then, block countries that you don't sell to in your site preferences. (account, site preferences, buyer requirements)

Message 3 of 3
latest reply