I paid e-check to a seller in China emailed them now they have closed on excess 40 cases! I in limbo

Hello,

I paid for a multi item purchase by e-check. I told the seller about it; but then they opened individual cases of non-payment. We had a death in the family and I had not checked my messages.  Now all cases are closed and each item is a strike. eBay say to contact the seller; in response to my multiple messages, they just say "not to worry everything will be okay". They add to contact them if I am worried!  Well, contacting them does not result in any help at all! I don't know if I am being being fobbed off i. e. attempt to satisfy someone by making excuses or giving them something of little or no value; or they just do not understand e-checks and unpaid items cases.I am getting no where!

I am trying to put a stop on the e-check via my bank; as Paypal says they cannot stop the e-check.  Also, I read that to appeal a case, one must show proof of payment etc. So how is one to do this if eBay has no email?  Fax it? But no fax number. This is all very frustrating. Just when I think I have it figured out, eBay throws a curve ball at me.

I have no problems like this from other sellers, who respond quickly and politely to my messages, and often come up with solution to my concern. And with the majority of sellers, no problems arise.  It seems that a minority of sellers fall back on the we have no control excuse; which as an entrepreneur us pretty bad!

So I may get the check stopped (for a bank fee); but I will have tons of "strikes" against me. This is a mess. I guess if I ever order again, from Asia, I will do it one item at a time.  I have been ordering from that part of our world and had no problems; but after this I will be gun-shy about doing so.  That is supposing that eBay does not pitch me off for too many no payment strikes!

PayPal says that they suggest sellers wait for the e-check to clear; so I know that both myself, and PayPal, have contacted this seller, If an e-check is not acceptable, then eBay and/or the Sellers should clearly say so. If all they say is pay by PayPal, then they should wait for the e-check! I had money in the bank but PayPal only offered the e-check--something about having too many purchases paid by instant $$. A day or so later I could have paid by instant transfer. I should have just waited; but I did not know when the switch would occur and PayPal could not say!  Also, many sellers say one has seven days to pay and others The whole thing is like a through the looking glass world. I feel like a mixture of the Mad Hatter and the White Rabbit and am being chased by a completely mad Red Queen!

Is the answer to build up a substantial $$ amount in my PayPal account. Seems a bit dumb! I almost feel like say good-bye to eBay; but I have met so many great sellers and been able to purchase such neat stuff that it is not in my heart to do so.

However, my head is saying, "Go with God; but go!"  Sorry it is a long message; I did not have the time to make it shorter. 😉 

Thank you for reading it. Any help or advice is appreciated

Sincerely,

The Mad Hatter_White Rabbit Clone  😞 

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: I paid e-check to a seller in China emailed them now they have closed on excess 40 cases! I in l

Yes, that is what I think is most prudent also!!

However, when I sent the message, asking for my money to be refunded, I got an out of office message. They say there is a holiday in China; they will try to keep up with customers; but will not be back until Feb,11th.

They sent the message about selling outside of eBay at Sent:04-Feb-16 01:04.

I replied at 04-Feb-16  02:44.

They sent the out of office response at 04-Feb-16 02:44.

So it would seem to me that they had enough time to initiate a refund.

Their claim, of awaiting my reply, wears a little thin by now.

Should I open a case against them?

If yes, should it be via eBay or PayPal?

Thank you, yet again, for all your help!

I am so sorry this case is lingering so long, for both our sakes. 

It is a somewhat large amount of money, for me, to have it tied up for so long.

Again my most sincere thanks.

Susan

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

Re: I paid e-check to a seller in China emailed them now they have closed on excess 40 cases! I in l

File the claim for goods not received with eBay:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/protecting.html

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

Normally you can't file an item not received with ebay unless it is past the latest delivery date. If that happens, you can file with paypal before that date.

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

Seems sketchy that all of a sudden, they're out of office. I once got led on by a seller in India whom I purchased some tapestries from, of course they were shipped without tracking and the seller, being so nice and prompt to reply, kept me going for a whole 60 days thinking these items would arrive, then shut his ebay account and ceased communication with me after the 60 days because he knew I couldn't open a claim to get my refund. Time is money!

I agree with Pierre, I think the best course of action now is to file items not received claims through eBay.

Good luck and hopefully this never happens to you again! Sheesh, what a mess!

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

In this case they probably are closed for a national holiday. It is Chinese New Year in a couple of days plus it looks as if every day for the next week is some sort of holiday.

http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/china/

I would still file a claim now though.

Message 25 of 25
latest reply