I recently purchased this item, do I have a not as described case?

The sellers written description and the Ebay catalogue description hthe buyer chose do not match the title or picture of item. I have not recieved the item yet. I contacted seller about the item desciption and he basically sai OOPS sorry for the misunderstanding.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: I recently purchased this item, do I have a not as described case?

If the seller is going to be that cavalier about their customer service, you may actually be further ahead in filing an "item not received" claim if possible since you may be required to return the item at your own expense for a "not as described" claim.

Not sure how this item is going to get shipped once it's in Canada, seeing as the seller is using the Global Shipping Program, but I think you have grounds to refuse the shipment when delivery is attempted if it's not just left on your doorstep.

Having said that, I'm mystified as to why you didn't see the item description and photograph weren't consistent with the item's title in the first place.  If nothing else, the title describing the phone as "white" when it's obviously a standard black Lumia in the photo should have been a tip-off to read the listing really closely.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for the advice,the picture wasn't very clear of the top of the phone because I couldn't read the brand name, but I assumed the description matched the picture but Ibelieve I have a valid claim and will contact Ebay when the package is recieved, I recieved a tracking # which is for 1st class shipping but ad states international Priority shipping, I will consult Ebay either way.I have been an honest Buyer and Seller on Ebay for 10 years and I expect the same from others who Buy and Sell on Ebay.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

marnotom!
Community Member

So you're saying you bought the item based strictly on the title and picture and not the listing description?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Why did you make an offer and eventually buy it?  Did you read the description before making an offer and buying it?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I bought item based on the sellers description of the tem and the Ebay catalogue description he used in the ad.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

So are you expecting a Nokia Lumia 521 or a Mytouch E739?

I'm not sure how you'll know you have a "not as described" case until you receive the item.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I contacted the Seller and was told me the item I will recieve is the LG E739 cellphone not the Lumia 521 described in the description.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

If the seller is going to be that cavalier about their customer service, you may actually be further ahead in filing an "item not received" claim if possible since you may be required to return the item at your own expense for a "not as described" claim.

Not sure how this item is going to get shipped once it's in Canada, seeing as the seller is using the Global Shipping Program, but I think you have grounds to refuse the shipment when delivery is attempted if it's not just left on your doorstep.

Having said that, I'm mystified as to why you didn't see the item description and photograph weren't consistent with the item's title in the first place.  If nothing else, the title describing the phone as "white" when it's obviously a standard black Lumia in the photo should have been a tip-off to read the listing really closely.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for the advice,the picture wasn't very clear of the top of the phone because I couldn't read the brand name, but I assumed the description matched the picture but Ibelieve I have a valid claim and will contact Ebay when the package is recieved, I recieved a tracking # which is for 1st class shipping but ad states international Priority shipping, I will consult Ebay either way.I have been an honest Buyer and Seller on Ebay for 10 years and I expect the same from others who Buy and Sell on Ebay.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply