'I've got paid! Message in my ebay Messages inbox. Says payment went to a merchant credit card....

This is a new one. Something sold, but between the notice from ebay and the email from paypal, I got a message in my ebay Messges inbox stating 'I got paid!' and that the payment went to my merchant credit card account. Which I don't have and never did. 

Interesting. A new glitch.

Screen Shot 2016-12-10 at 2.25.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-10 at 2.26.16 PM.png

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

'I've got paid! Message in my ebay Messages inbox. Says payment went to a merchant credit card....

A few of us got these back at the end of October.... 

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/What-does-this-Paypal-message-mean/m-p/355515#M70881 

looks like they're happening again... I can't tell because I'm not selling anything lately! 😞

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

A few of us got these back at the end of October.... 

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/What-does-this-Paypal-message-mean/m-p/355515#M70881 

looks like they're happening again... I can't tell because I'm not selling anything lately! 😞

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I read that thread you linked for me. Yes, it was exactly that. I don't suspect it to be phishing, it seemed more like an ebay Checkout glitch. I assume that if I really did accept merchant credit cards for payment, ebay would need to be able to notify of payment somehow. So that part makes sense. The actual paypal message came only a few minutes later. 

Each time something like this happens, I shake my head in wonder as to what on earth they are playing with behind-the-scenes to have these unintentional effects. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply