Item Not yet Shipped

Good day all,

First time experiecing this issue...

Won an auction late monday evening (August 5th) and the seller's information states they they will ship within 1 day of cleared payment; I paid immediately. It is now the 12th of August and the item has still not been marked as shipped, through the global shipping program.

I have made 2 attempts to contact this seller via eBay message with no reply. My questions are:

1) Should I be worried?

2) When should I open a dispute to get this item shipped? I really don't want a refund if there are any problems, this item is hard to find, and I would really like to receive it.

Thanks for your time and your help.

Fustrated buyer

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Item Not yet Shipped

The guitar is to be shipped by the seller (100% feedback) to Pitney-Bowes for reforwarding to you.

Somehow, we often read reports about lack of communications when items are handled by Pitney Bowes (GSP).

Since your purchase was made only five business days ago, I would not worry at this time.

Give it another week or so and contact the seller again if you have not received the guitar or any information by then.

"the item has still not been marked as shipped,"

That usually applies automatically if the seller uses PayPal shipping.  However, if not, it requires a manual entry.  Many sellers forget about it.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you very much for your reply. Based on the seller's feedback rating I didn't or don't anticpate any problems, and I agree that I should wait another week or so to see what new infomation presents itself. I just wish the seller would return my message and let me know what is happening; not nice being left in the dark. You wouldn't expect that from a brick and mortar, therefore it should not be acceptable practise online either. Especially with someone whom you just paid a fair amount of money.

Again, thanks for your reply, it is greatly appreciated.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

"wish the seller would return my message"

I do not know the seller and cannot make excuses for him. In August lots of folks do go on vacations.

If it important to you, considering you have his name and address, you could give him a quick phone call and inquire abiout the shipping situation.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply