July 6th 2016 Weekly Session

Hello everyone,

Welcome to our weekly chat. The thread will remain open for the next 24 hours or so, please go ahead and post at your convenience.

Open issues:

• Anchor Store coupon not working/only working on AU site
  • Errors when uploading more than one tracking number at a time (repeated, erroneous numbers saved)
  • Request Total unavailable

Updates:

• Printer friendly Order Details page missing items - Resolved - fix rolled out or to roll out soon.
  • Selling limits live items count discrepancy - We are investigating further.
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinationsstill no update from PayPal and Pitney Bowes
  • Combined shipping offers not shown to international buyers - ticket open

If anything is missing, please let me know. Thanks!

Message 1 of 102
latest reply
101 REPLIES 101

Re: July 6th 2016 Weekly Session

@bunbar wrote:

You're right, it's giving me items I have already done.  There are other items that says it has moved over but they never did, so those items are sill unlisted. This migration tool has been a nightmare. There is no way to find out what is't there. I have had to go through every one of my more than 5000 items one at a time to make sure the quantity is right, (that part didn't migrate as I have mentioned) and if it's even listed. Not your fault I realize, but still VERY frustrating

Hi bunbar,

Please check your private messages.

Message 81 of 102
latest reply

Thanks so much for looking into this. I have actually figured it out. If I download my inventory (just the active items) it gives me everything I am selling with a C in front of the $ sign on anything on the Canadian site

Message 82 of 102
latest reply

Hi Raphael, 

Can you comment any further, i.e. any additional follow-up regarding my question last week about a possible "grace period" for Canadian sellers with respect to TRS and Power Seller status downgrades resulting from the Canada Post dispute?  

Many of us have already been in a holding pattern for over a week with our stores closed (on vacation), waiting to see what transpires with CPC.  If there is a lockout, there is a potential for a long period without postal service.  As I pointed out, whether a seller remains open for business or closes, I would imagine almost all sellers' sales levels are going to be impacted, with the possible exception of sellers who are big enough to contract for private shipping, at least to the U.S.  

If this matter hasn't yet been sent up the chain of authority at eBay for action/response, could it be?  Please?? 

Message 83 of 102
latest reply

raphael@ebay.com wrote:
Am I covered against buyers opening cases for item not received?

If you list on eBay.ca, estimated delivery dates will be extended on your listings and buyers will have to wait until the latest estimated date before they can open cases for item not received. If you list on eBay.com or another eBay site, and your buyer opens a case for an item that is stuck in transit, you should call Customer Support and explain the situation. eBay Customer Support agents are aware of the Canada Post disruption and will be equipped to guide you as well as the buyer through the disruption and the open case.

Raphael, I'm glad you quoted this section in full because I've read it again more carefully.  I'm sorry to say so, but it solidifies my decision to remain closed until the CPC dispute is completely resolved.  

I list a lot of items on .com and I can't imagine, from what few encounters I've had with CS, that they would be able to effectively guide me and my buyer through the disruption and the open case.  I think all the delay and explanations will do is create frustration for the buyer, especially if they are American and have neither knowledge nor interest in the Canadian postal system.  

Why can't eBay do better than this?  For example, by not permitting INR cases to be opened at all against Canadian sellers as long as the CP shutdown continues?  Once the mail is actually moving again, then it would seem fair to allow INR cases to be opened. 

Message 84 of 102
latest reply

@scarlettdiamonds wrote:

I posted this on the community forums and it was suggested that I post it here...

Issues with ebayshippingsupplies

1. I used my free coupon to buy a bundle of boxes. It said (at the time, it has been changed now) that they use USPS to ship the boxes. Great! A week later I receive a call from FedEx saying they won't deliver to my PO box. I only had a PO box to deliver to. FedEx has to return the boxes to ebayshippingsupplies. They refund my order and I receive a new coupon.

2. I wait a week and try to reorder. This time it appears they aren't even going to ship it. The size I ordered is currently out of stock. I believe they sold more than they had. I sent a message and haven't received a reply. It has been 10 days since I paid/used my coupon.

My question is, will I receive a new coupon? This coupon was for last quarter.

Hi scarlettdiamonds,

Was the value of the coupon included in your refund? That's how they've been refunding as far as I know. If it wasn't, I'll have to try and get in touch with the team who operates the seller account from where the supplies are sold.

Message 85 of 102
latest reply

@vintagenorth wrote:

Raphael, I think Scarlett's question is all referring to her not being able to use her coupon last quarter. They first returned the shipment, then we're unable to ship due to no stock. Surely we shouldn't be penalized for their shipping problems? That doesn't sound fair at all!

Hi vintagenorth,

Totally agree that is an unwarranted outcome. Unfortunately I can't speak to what happened, but I'll do my best to help Scarlett get resolution.

Message 86 of 102
latest reply

@scarlettdiamonds wrote:
Okay, good. So I should expect 2 coupons then. 1 for last quarter and 1 for this quarter, right?

Please get in touch with me at raphael@ebay.com and I'll help you figure this all out.

Message 87 of 102
latest reply

@bunbar wrote:

Thanks so much for looking into this. I have actually figured it out. If I download my inventory (just the active items) it gives me everything I am selling with a C in front of the $ sign on anything on the Canadian site

Brilliant suggestion!  You mean you download it as a CSV (Excel-type) file, correct?  If I remember from the last time I did this, you are absolutely right that it gives a code for the currency of each item.  

Thank you, thank you!!  One big problem solved. 

Message 88 of 102
latest reply

@fashionoutletdeal wrote:

hello Raphael like a new to eBay and new to this forums i have few questions that no one was able to answer me .

in the past 2 months hapened that i got this customers that you wish do not have them.Well to make the story short 

#1 story customer from USA both from me brand name leather purse.After she received after while she claimed is fake,isnt leather ,isnt what i expect etc.I didnt mind return since i have 30 days return policy.But what i dont like is that they expect us to pay for their wrong order.Well after dealing with the customer for long she left me negative feedback even tho she didnt send me the purse back.when i called ebay they assisted me and removed the negative feedback and they closed the return request .Next they ebay went to my Paypal account and give her all the money back even tho i didnt have the bag and she was making falls statements .This happened month ago. I like fair player .Well today she paid me back the purse.After exchanging a lot of emails .But back then ebay turn me down with no protection.Thanks for that i had learned the hard way.

#2 Now i have open return request from another USA customer who both the same purse like what she has(she exchange 6 emails before she bought it,those emails flash the red light) I didnt know back then how to refuse a sale.Now i know.So shortly i approved the returned request  but just simply asked for pictures of the purse that i send to her .Why because of all her claim and all the answears are in this 6 emails that she sent me before she bought my product .I never refuse return .Somehow this lady escalate the case stating that i do not want to work things out. well she didnt responded to my emails so what i should do?.I have asked couple of times the ebay teams to look close to exchanged messages because the answers are there.I know by my heart this lady want to send me her old bag and keep the new one .And i know that ebay will turn me down again .WRONG i have all the pictures of this particular item because i knew that things will go wrong.Fed up already with people who abuse eBay Money Back Guarantee.IM Waithing to see how this one will go

There is a black sheeps on the both sides but please stop punishing people like me who work hard .Isnt fair. 

Hi handbagsvogue, welcome to the weekly sessions!

We try to keep these discussions high level as this place isn't appropriate to discuss issues with specific transactions due to privacy concerns. With that said, you can reach me directly at raphael@ebay.com if you want to discuss these cases with me.

Message 89 of 102
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:
Good news overnight on the postal lockout/strike front. The federal government has stepped in to ask both parties to voluntarily submit to binding arbitration. Canada Post Corporation has already agreed.

Will eBay Canada be firing up some sweet seller promotions to celebrate and accelerate activity on the site in the near future?

Unfortunately the CUPW declined to submit to binding arbitration about as swiftly as Canada Post agreed to it. For now, all we can do is wait.

Message 90 of 102
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

Raphael wrote:  " I do these chat sessions out of courtesy. This isn't my main responsibility. "

In addition to your regular pay cheque, do you get a "danger pay" premium or bonus to answer this thread every week? Smiley Happy

Danger pay? I better have a word with Rodney... Smiley Very Happy

Message 91 of 102
latest reply

I'm not sure what it's called but here is the link. It comes in an excel file so it can be sorted to putting all the items in CDN $  in one place

http://k2b-bulk.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SMDownloadRequest&ssPageName=STRK:ME:LNLK

I wish ebay would make it easier to find links for what we need. There are all kinds of help pages but they never put the links for what hey are trying to help with. It took me forever to find this one 

Message 92 of 102
latest reply

@scarlettdiamonds wrote:

lol he really should. Some people here seem to take their frustrations with eBay out on Raphael and that's not fair imo. I see Rahael here are as a valuable resource for policy and information as well as a direct line to corporate. I do appreciate your efforts Raphael.

Thank you, your kind words are much appreciated. Smiley Happy

Message 93 of 102
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

I don't blame Raphael personally at all.

I totally blame Ebay and possibly Raphael should stop using WE and start using EBAY when he answers.

As far as celebrating the postal resolution, The brilliant CUPW has declined binding arbitration.

I'm part of eBay, so I'll keep on using we when talking about eBay. I don't think a different pronoun would change much in all honesty.

Message 94 of 102
latest reply

Raphael, do you know whether this programme is fully functional (or even still available)?  If so, do you know where can one find out about rates, or get some reliable examples of rates, between Canada and the U.S.?

I see this subject has suddenly come up again on the boards, no doubt because sellers are grasping at any delivery straws that might be available.  There were earlier complaints (in 2015) that the expected discounts were not being honoured or processed through to the eBay seller. 

https://www.fedex.com/fcl/ALL?enrollmentid=eb16566114&country=ca&language=en 

Thanks! 

Message 95 of 102
latest reply

@bunbar wrote:

I'm not sure what it's called but here is the link. It comes in an excel file so it can be sorted to putting all the items in CDN $  in one place

http://k2b-bulk.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SMDownloadRequest&ssPageName=STRK:ME:LNLK

I wish ebay would make it easier to find links for what we need. There are all kinds of help pages but they never put the links for what hey are trying to help with. It took me forever to find this one 

Thanks so much for posting that link!  I'm sorry it took you so much time to find it, but I'm grateful you were willing to share it.  

Cheers! 

Message 96 of 102
latest reply

pocomocomputing wrote:

Curiosity question.

What is your main responsibility? What are your other responsibilities?

While asking, who are eBay Canada? eBay Canada seems so secretive and low profile. How many employees in the Toronto office? Ms Stairs is the head of ebay Canada? Is there any posted information on ebay Canada? What is the structure of ebay Canada?

Hi Pocomo,

Ages ago, I used to be a Customer Support teammate based in Vancouver. Now, with the Vancouver office closed, I'm a product manager at eBay Canada. Part of my responsibilities are Selling and Shipping. In a way, see me as a subject matter expert who helps the product teams in San Jose make sure that the site is adequate for Canadian sellers. Examples of product and programs that I helped launch include the quick listing tool, the latest Selling Manager / bulk editing tool as well as the eBay Money Back Guarantee.

eBay Canada has about 20 employees in Toronto, covering Product, Large Merchant Development, Deals, Marketing and Analytics, led by Andrea Stairs, Managing Director. As for the structure, not sure I can share that 🙂

Message 97 of 102
latest reply

@bunbar wrote:

Excellent!

Message 98 of 102
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

Hi Raphael, 

Can you comment any further, i.e. any additional follow-up regarding my question last week about a possible "grace period" for Canadian sellers with respect to TRS and Power Seller status downgrades resulting from the Canada Post dispute?  

Many of us have already been in a holding pattern for over a week with our stores closed (on vacation), waiting to see what transpires with CPC.  If there is a lockout, there is a potential for a long period without postal service.  As I pointed out, whether a seller remains open for business or closes, I would imagine almost all sellers' sales levels are going to be impacted, with the possible exception of sellers who are big enough to contract for private shipping, at least to the U.S.  

If this matter hasn't yet been sent up the chain of authority at eBay for action/response, could it be?  Please?? 

Hi rose-dee,

A discussion was started about that last week but to my knowledge no defined outcome was reached yet. Very likely that any measure taken to cover that will be taken after it's all over, so there is still time. I'll make sure you and everyone else is duly informed.

Message 99 of 102
latest reply

rose-dee wrote:

Why can't eBay do better than this?  For example, by not permitting INR cases to be opened at all against Canadian sellers as long as the CP shutdown continues?  Once the mail is actually moving again, then it would seem fair to allow INR cases to be opened. 

Extending the estimated delivery dates basically does this exact thing. A buyer can't open an INR claim until the latest estimated delivery date has passed. If they try, they get a message that says "the item should arrive by X date, if it hasn't by then, please come back to open a case."

As a reminder, we have already extended the EDDs and will revisit the extension as needed when the events unfold.

Message 100 of 102
latest reply