Listings and suggestion

This is my final draft and this is it for revising so I would like any feedback .. Do not bother looking elsewhere in the store as my store is under MAJOR RENO'S

For those not familiar with my category I will post competitors Listings to compare if you wish

Competitor

Competitor

Competitor

MINE

FYI I know about the stupid seller manager tab but other then that does anyone have suggestions or would you say top notch and all you need to know
Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Listings and suggestion

I took a look and would most definitely remove:

"All buyers are expected to wait up to 30 days for parcels to arrive" - It is negative and a seller should avoid all negativity from a listing.

"I know about the stupid seller manager tab'

????  What does that mean?

Message 2 of 37
latest reply

Listings and suggestion

It means I hate having themin my listing but I keep forgetting to removie the HTML ....

I know it's negative but I just could not bring myself to get rid of it ....

What would you suggest as I have tons of buyers ask me after a few days and start panicing so Something alot those lines has to be stated in listings so what would you suggest ,,,

Thanks Pierre

Message 3 of 37
latest reply

Listings and suggestion

Wow, I can't turn off the centred text piece....

Same as Pierre, delete this:   All buyers are expected to wait up to 30 days for parcels to arrive

Suggest instead saying something like: Some parcels take longer than others, if you have any questions regarding the timing of your delivery, please send me an eBay message.

Business is misspelled: All items are Shipped within 1-3 buisness days

Suggest changed wording from: If you have any questions just ask I am here to help 4 days a week 1-3 days for a response

To: If you have any questions, just ask, I am here to help! Note that sometimes it may take me 1 to 3 days to respond.

I didn't spend a ton of time on my wording suggestions but it may help.....

Message 4 of 37
latest reply

Listings and suggestion

'I just could not bring myself to get rid of it ...."

There is no question in my mind that such negative "protect my backside" comment does cost you some sales.

If I were to see that in an eBay listing I want to buy, I would immediately hit the "back" button and find another seller who does not expect me to wait 30 days for my purchase. 

There are thousands of competitors out there selling the same or similar stuff. Prices are competitive, so buyers often decide to buy or not based on seller's reputation and/or service.  Telling me to wait 30 days for my "stuff" to arrive does not suggest "service".

That's me as a buyer.  Other buyers may feel differently.

"What would you suggest as I have tons of buyers ask me after a few days"

I suggest:

1) You improve your shipping time to one day, five times a week

2) When confirming shipment has been made send a note to buyers giving shipping date and letting them know at that time (not in the listing) "the postal service usually delivers to their destination in five to seven business days. Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is a delay in delivery by the postal service."

3) Add a sentence in your listings "Feel confident as every shipment is fully insured against loss or damage"

Message 5 of 37
latest reply

Listings and suggestion

Thanks  ricarmic for the suggestions and for catching the grammar mistake ... I make them all the time on here but I do not want them on my listings....

Thanks pierre I am mainly looking for description changes though because I can not change the rest as I can not ship in 1 business day 2 weeks of every month due to my job and my location ...

I will be taking that out of my listings and putting in 2 suggestions one from each of you ...

If there are anymore suggestion keep them coming keep in mind my response time and shipping time are what they are and I can not change it ..

Message 6 of 37
latest reply

Listings and suggestion

I do send all buyers automatic messages but it goes to there email so many of them do not see the message as for writing all my buyers I just do not have the time which is why I am revamping and selling off most of my store until I do have time to be faster and more efficient but for now myt job just pays me way too much to bother quiting ...

I will be revamping my wording for Responde time

I will be adding in The insured part which I hope does not add confusion and make buyers think it is trackable and insured by post office but there is only one way to find out ..

Message 7 of 37
latest reply

Listings and suggestion

In your shipping for USA, you have either Expedited (at $2.77) or Tracked Packet (at $16.00).  Is $2.77 correct?  And if that is how you're shipping, both those services have tracking, so you could delete the "allow 30 days" message.

Message 8 of 37
latest reply

Listings and suggestion

For what it's worth, looking at your listing strictly from a buyer's point of view:

1)  The picture of the movie seems odd -- can you get more of a straight-on photo so you don't have the distortion near the bottom?  It's a small point, but a buyer might be put off by the picture.  This is just a suggestion, but you if you have a scanner, you could probably try scanning the cover, back and front, then crop it as closely as possible.

2)  I also noticed the unusual $2.77 for Expedited shipping to the US.  If this is accurate, then you can definitely remove the reference to buyers waiting 30 days.

3)  I agree with the other opinions here that the statement: "All buyers are expected to wait up to 30 days for parcels to arrive" is off-putting from a buyer's perspective.  Since you've mentioned that most of your buyers are in the US, why not combine your two lines about shipping and say something more upbeat, such as:

"We are located in Canada.  We ship within ____ business days of your payment.  We always provide you with an estimated delivery time by email as soon as your item is shipped.  Please check your eBay messages for our email, and contact us if you have any concerns." 

You could put this at the end of the description in every listing (before the blurb with the synopsis of the movie itself).  This would hopefully encourage buyers to look at their messages before contacting you with shipping questions.  I always believe in anticipating issues and heading 'em off at the pass.  Otherwise known as proactive.

Message 9 of 37
latest reply

Listings and suggestion

No the shipping is not correct .. it should be light packet $2.77... The tracked packet part is right though

Message 10 of 37
latest reply

Listings and suggestion

Ok Revamped again ....

Wanna take a look guys and let me know what you think...

Pictures will stay the same as I do understand what Rose-dee is saying but not too important in my category and 99% of my competitors have less then what I do for bigs as well Not to mention I have a **bleep**py camera and no time to scan and crop...

The biggest thing guys to remember is I only have 1 hr a day 7 days a week for 2 weeks of the month to work on my store and then 2 hrs a day for the other 2 weeks of the month so somethings are not possible for me where they would be for others...

Thanks everyone for you ideas...

PIERRE what do you think Specifically about the revised description

FYI I value everybodies input here not just looking for pierre's advise but the guy has given me nothing but solid advice for years so please everyone and anyone comment away ...

Message 11 of 37
latest reply

Listings and suggestion

Also do not look anywhere but in the DVD Category in my store as the rest of my store looks like a bomb went off

Message 12 of 37
latest reply

Listings and suggestion

OK - I looked at 321315527379 again.

Much better.  I like KISS and this format is KISS.

A few questions/comments:

1) Your return policy states :

"Return shipping is paid by the buyer unless you receive wrong movie or item not as described then we pay for basic Lettermail return shipping"

When I read that, I notice the first few words "paid by the buyer".  As a buyer, it does not appeal to me.

Would it not be preferable to state "Seller will pay return postage (lettermail) should I have sent the wrong movie in error or if not as described" ?

Both sentences mean the same thing.

2) Your shipping charges offer "free shipping" within Canada and very low cost (economy) to the USA BUT you have added a second and very visible and expensive "expedited" option to both.  Is this really necessary?  How many buyers actually ask to pay the extra $12 for a movie? Would it not be preferable to remove that extra shipping charge from the listing.  You could add a note in the payment section about more expensive shipping methods (expedited) available if requested.

3) As stated earlier, I would remove "All buyers are expected to wait up to 30 days for product to arrive" from the "payment instructions" box. It suggests a negative bias added to protect your backside.  Good sellers do not need to protect their backside.

4) As mentioned a while ago, I suggest you indicate your actual location, not a town nearby (Kirkland Lake).  Coming from a very small but real location, not found on many maps, suggests it may take an extra day or two to get in the postal system.

5) Since you list on eBay.ca, why not incorporate the tax table? http://pages.ebay.ca/help/pay/checkout-tax-table.html

Message 13 of 37
latest reply

Listings and suggestion

3) As stated earlier, I would remove "All buyers are expected to wait up to 30 days for product to arrive" from the "payment instructions" box. It suggests a negative bias added to protect your backside.  Good sellers do not need to protect their backside..

Where is this part revised in bulk .. It has been awhile and I can't seem to find it ...

Otherwise I have changed Everything you stated and as always thank you very much

Message 14 of 37
latest reply

Listings and suggestion

Brande, I agree with the recommendation to remove the "wait up to 30 days" statement, and I also noticed the "business" typo.

My comments relate to your font .... I'm a former book editor and proofreader .... so I view things like a critical schoolteacher Smiley Happy

Your listings look quite clean and neat; however, the Times Roman font you've used for all your info preceding the movie description is considered to be the most difficult to read.  For ease of reading, any font without a hook is recommended, e.g. Arial, Calibri, Verdana, like you've used in your Movie Info.

I checked Competitor 291075872733 and I see that he has, as eBay and other sellers have recommended, aligned all his information at the left margin to facilitate the search by people on mobile devices.  This is something I intend to do with mine but haven't yet got around to it. 

Competitor 301087954024 -- the movie info box is very attractive and I notice that the additional info, although very lengthy, is also aligned to the left.

For what it's worth ........

Message 15 of 37
latest reply

Listings and suggestion

Hi again -- I don't know whether my opinion is as useful as Pierre's, but I try to look at these things strictly as if I were a buyer, not a seller. 

It was good to remove the reference to the 30-day wait time -- it sounded just a little "edgy".

One very minor suggestion -- I'd make the "Movie Info" heading a bit bigger and bolder if you can (i.e. increase font size), put that header on the left (not in the centre like the other headers), and leave a bit of space between your general details and the start of the movie details.  Or maybe a short row of asterisks or a short line between the two sections.  This will draw attention to what you're selling and set it a bit apart from the necessary but tedious (from a buyer's perspective) blurb above it.  Put another way, when I first glanced through the listing, it seemed that you were giving as much prominence to general information and your terms of sale, etc. as to selling the movie itself. 

On a related note, if you can put a clear space between major paragraphs within the movie details themselves, it would be a lot easier to scan visually. 

I'd still think it would be good to get a less distorted picture of the front of the DVD, but if you say that's not important in your category, this may be a meaningless suggestion. Still, from a purely buyer's viewpoint, one competitor's listing (#390764723886) does give a more professional initial impression because of the picture. 

Please forgive the nit-picking -- my bias comes from a number of years spent in marketing and product development and promotion in the off-eBay world.  My favourite saying is that small things done right can make a big difference.

Message 16 of 37
latest reply

Listings and suggestion

"Where is this part revised in bulk .. It has been awhile and I can't seem to find it ... "

After you select the listings you want to edit, the bulk editor offers you many options.

Select "Edit Payment Information"

Then select "Additional Checkout Instructions" (at the bottom)

Enter new text in box.

Message 17 of 37
latest reply

Listings and suggestion

"small things done right can make a big difference."

I totally agree.

Message 18 of 37
latest reply

Listings and suggestion

Rose-dee every opinion is useful so thank you for yours

Message 19 of 37
latest reply

Listings and suggestion

When I look at the picture I can see and read everything fine on the front.. Back a different story but ya I am not concerned so much about the picture as it is only to show they are not damage as all the detail are in the writing but I will look to see what I can do but I by no mean can scan and crop as it is too much time ...

The other suggestions I will be changing though thanks rosee

Message 20 of 37
latest reply