March 11th Weekly Board Hour

Hello everyone,

Welcome to our weekly chat. Please start posting at your convenience, we will join you at 1 PM Eastern.

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: March 11th Weekly Board Hour

@kcgwynne wrote:

Hello

I was wondering if or when store categories would be available on the mobile apps? Also I noticed the US app has a cart and I was wondering if the Canadian app was going to be released soon?

Hi kcgwynne,

I don't think there are any plans to bring the store categories to the View Item page on Mobile. As for the CA shopping Cart on Mobile, this is something we want to launch but have yet been unable to get resources for, so it's TBD.

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

Yet they can waste money, resources, and staff on another useless convention!

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

@merritt-motorcycle-salvage wrote:

Issue 1: Respectfully: I have every right to bring this question up over and over again. We pay for a service and expect to receive it. We don`t go do the dentist for a cleaning, pay full price, and walk away with half a cleaning or pay for a full jug of milk and its half full.

Issue 2: I have spoken to customer support over the phone and nothing has been done! Every single time i send a message to customer support it is NEVER answered. I don`t have time to spam customer service over issues with no response or speak to an ebay rep and waste hours of my time to accomplish nothing over and over again.

Issue 3: I don`t perceive anything to be simple. My point is all effort and resources are focused on modifying and fixing things that aren't broken. Yet major issues there is no priority. Makes no sense.

I have no expectations on when this will be resolved as with any issue on ebay, I / we have every right to as paying customers to voice our concerns without being lied to by phone reps and get the opposite responses here. You are clearly frustrated at the same level by the same question as we are by the same responses. None of my frustrations are directed at you, they are at ebay in general.

Enjoy your day Smiley Happy

Hi again,

1. You certainly have every right to bring up whatever you want, I was merely explaining why our answer isn't changing.

2. Sorry that your efforts with CS have been unproductive. It's possible that the items reported didn't meet the criteria for image and text theft. Short of seeing the actual reports and the outcome on the CS side, it's hard for me to comment further on this.

3. You actually called the cart issue "a simple fix" in your original post. Glad we're now on the same page as this really is a major undertaking.

For the record, I never took anything you wrote personally. The only frustration I feel is to not be able to make the US cart behave like we would like it to.

Have a great day as well 🙂

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pierrelebel wrote:

Good morning Raphael, Rodney, and all.....

If I may I would like to approach the weekly board a bit differently this week.

Yes, like many other Canadian sellers and buyers I often used this Wednesday tete-a-tete to bring problems and glitches to your attention. And I am sure I could find something to fill a few more posts today.

Instead, I would like to hear from you, all of you remaining in Toronto, to understand how you feel with the new (staff reduced) eBay.ca. 

How do you like the new offices at the new downtown location?

I understand your office is integrated with PayPal.ca.  That will change.  How will that affect you?

Despite the constant frustrations coming from everywhere do you see a future for eBay.ca in Toronto?

Over a decade ago, one of the many functions of the eBay.ca Toronto staff was education, going from town to town, meeting eBayers, helping folks better understand the system and enjoy the huge possibilities.  Will that concept ever come back?  Or is it all about budgets now, cutting costs?

Is there anything you can tell us about eBay.ca staffers we used to deal with (I will not use names here) who eventually moved to eBay.com or away from eBay.  How are they doing?  How many are still with eBay?

Hi Pierrelebel.

Interesting questions! I'll try my best:

1. eBay Canada's staff was not reduced as part of the most recent reorganization, but obviously there has been significant changes to many of the teams we work with and interact with in other cities. No one enjoys reorganizations, but these are things businesses need to do from time to time. No one hires perfectly 100% of the time, and business needs and processes have to shift and adapt to compete. For the team here in Toronto, we have done our best quickly to make new connections and adapt, to figure out how to do the things we need to do with the new global org structure. Most of us have done this before. The team is very adaptable and resilient, and we're proud of them.

2. We love our new location. We are in a beautiful and historic part of Toronto now, surrounded by terrific shops and restaurants, as well as a number of our ecommerce counterparts.

3. Not sure what the plan will be for our facilities post-PayPal/eBay split.

4. Do I see a future for eBay in Toronto? Good heavens I hope so. I originally hoped to stay here for a few years and I have now been here thirteen! We are one of the largest ecommerce businesses in Canada with an important mission for our buyers and sellers. We have a fine local team here, and a reputation for developing and exporting top talent for headquarters.

5. We have moved away from funding grassroots community education projects, because we don't see it as strategically imperative or effective as other investment opportunities. Broadly speaking, the Internet and eBay are in a very different stage of maturity since the last great big Canadian road show by eBay staff. Not that we value our community one iota less - it has more to do with the fact that there aren't too many Canadians who are unaware of eBay anymore. We can have more impact with more focused and stragic programs. This is not about cutting costs, it's about spending our budget more wisely, on things that make a more immediate difference, such as our recent launch of the eBay Buyer Guarantee in Canada.

6. Very proud to tell you that several alumni of the eBay Canada office in Toronto have climbed to executive roles after moving to  San Jose. I think the complexity of operating in Canada helped give them exposure to all parts of the business quickly, and that we've done a decent job of finding very smart people and hanging on to them. Or maybe its the water. Whatever it was, Canadians at senior levels are having a big impact on eBay every day.

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

@kcgwynne wrote:

I was wondering if there was a way for sellers to leave feedback when we mark that we have shipped the packages with a message of the date shipped? I already have it set to leave when buyers pay. I know Ebay already sends a message when packages are marked as shipped.

Not sure about leaving automatically leaving feedback at the time the item gets shipped, but you can have the site leave feedback automatically when the sale is made.

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

This concludes our weekly chat for today. Thanks for participating and see you next week!

Message 26 of 26
latest reply