March 30th 2016 Weekly Session

Hello everyone,

Welcome to the last weekly session of March! As usual I'll leave this thread open until tomorrow and come respond to you as time permits.

Open issues:

• Odd missing gallery picture in search results
  • Errors when uploading more than one tracking number at a time (repeated, erroneous numbers saved)

Updates:

• Last week's issue with Revise - resolved
  • Safari browser SYI exhibiting erratic behaviour when trying to select text in description - Resolved, if you see this issue again please update to the latest version of Safari.
  • Wrong tax rates applied to PayPal labels - PayPal and Pitney Bowes are working on this
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinations - PayPal and Pitney Bowes are working on this
  • Sold items going into Unsold container - Team is investigating using live example provided
  • Combined shipping offers not shown to international buyers - under investigation with shipping team
Message 1 of 73
latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

Good morning.

Did you guys enjoy the Easter break?

Message 2 of 73
latest reply

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

Hello everyone,

Welcome to the last weekly session of March! As usual I'll leave this thread open until tomorrow and come respond to you as time permits.

Open issues:

• Errors when uploading more than one tracking number at a time (repeated, erroneous numbers saved)

Updates:

• Safari browser SYI exhibiting erratic behaviour when trying to select text in description - Resolved, if you see this issue again please update to the latest version of Safari.
  • Wrong tax rates applied to PayPal labels - PayPal and Pitney Bowes are working on this
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinations - PayPal and Pitney Bowes are working on this
  • Sold items going into Unsold container - Team is investigating using live example provided
  • Combined shipping offers not shown to international buyers - under investigation with shipping team

Good morning.

I am using the latest version of Safari and this is still happening for me, the erratic jump-to-end-of page when attempting to highlight text. It is exceptionally difficult to create any new listings this way. Or revise existing ones.

Message 3 of 73
latest reply

xeposter
Community Member

Hello all 🙂

This is my POSTING id.
Message 4 of 73
latest reply

In the USD retirement FAQs...

"Why does eBay recommend that Canadian sellers offering combined shipping discounts list on eBay.com?

When you offer combined shipping discounts across multiple listings, the discount is applied in the eBay shopping cart after buyers add two or more of your listings to their carts. While the shopping cart on eBay.ca supports listings in any currency, from any eBay site, the shopping cart on eBay.com only supports listings created on eBay.com.

When you list on eBay.ca, buyers on eBay.com can purchase your listings individually using Buy It Now, but they can’t add them to their eBay.com shopping cart. As a result, the shipping discount for purchasing multiple items is not applied.
When you list on eBay.com, buyers can add your listings to their shopping carts on either eBay.com or eBay.ca, and shipping discounts are applied correctly.

Once the shopping cart on eBay.com has been upgraded to the more advanced version in use on eBay.ca, combined shipping discounts will no longer need to be a factor in selection of your listing site."

When is the shopping cart on eBay.com going to be upgraded?

Thanks

Message 5 of 73
latest reply

xeposter
Community Member

Hello all. How are you doing?

This is my POSTING id.
Message 6 of 73
latest reply

Oh, here's something else: the estimated delivery dates for all items purchased last week and one the weekend forgot to take into account two stat holidays over easter. Good Friday and Easter Monday. Canada Post moves the mail on neither of those days. Buyers and Sellers are being shortchanged on their delivery estimates as a result. How is ebay going to protect us from unfair defects as a result of this oversight and error that is not of our doing? 

Message 7 of 73
latest reply

Let's hope that gets amended! I mailed out during that period!!

Message 8 of 73
latest reply

@amya4295 wrote:

Let's hope that gets amended! I mailed out during that period!!

Me too. Which is part of the reason I noticed it. But the problem is two-fold: managing buyer expectations when they've been told to expect something too soon, and protecting sellers (like you and I) from defects that were not of our own creation. I posted about this earlier in the week, and over the weekend when it first came to my attention. http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Easter-Monday-as-a-CPC-Stat-Holiday-miscounted-in-deliver...

Message 9 of 73
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

Good morning.

Did you guys enjoy the Easter break?

Hi Pierre,

I appreciated the time off, especially after so much time spent on the discussion boards last week. 🙂 I sincerely hope many Canadian sellers were also able to enjoy the long weekend.

How was your Easter?

Message 10 of 73
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

Hello everyone,

Open issues:

Updates:

Good morning.

I am using the latest version of Safari and this is still happening for me, the erratic jump-to-end-of page when attempting to highlight text. It is exceptionally difficult to create any new listings this way. Or revise existing ones.

Hi Maureen,

Can you check the version of Safari you are running? If it isn't 9.1 please update it. This is how the issue got fixed for me.

Side note, there's an easy work around for this. Instead of selecting text by click-and-drag, you can place the cursor at the beginning of the section of text you want to select, hold the Shift key and click at the end of the section to be selected. The page only jumps if you click and drag, it doesn't when you select text that way.

Message 11 of 73
latest reply

@merritt-motorcycle-salvage wrote:

When is the shopping cart on eBay.com going to be upgraded?

Thanks

Hi merritt-motorcycle-salvage,

We still don't have commitment from the Shopping Cart team to schedule the upgrade work required for the US shopping cart to accept items that weren't listed on eBay.com.

Message 12 of 73
latest reply

@x..e wrote:

Hi w..e, I'm well, how are you?

Message 13 of 73
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Oh, here's something else: the estimated delivery dates for all items purchased last week and one the weekend forgot to take into account two stat holidays over easter. Good Friday and Easter Monday. Canada Post moves the mail on neither of those days. Buyers and Sellers are being shortchanged on their delivery estimates as a result. How is ebay going to protect us from unfair defects as a result of this oversight and error that is not of our doing? 

As I stated a few sessions ago, only the national stat holidays are counted. Hence, Good Friday is counted as a holiday but not Easter Monday since that one is optional per province.

With that said, if you have specific examples I can look at to determine whether the EDD coverage was adequate, please send them to me.

Message 14 of 73
latest reply

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@mjwl2006 wrote:

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

Hello everyone,

Open issues:

Updates:

Good morning.

Hi Maureen,

Can you check the version of Safari you are running? If it isn't 9.1 please update it. This is how the issue got fixed for me.

Side note, there's an easy work around for this. Instead of selecting text by click-and-drag, you can place the cursor at the beginning of the section of text you want to select, hold the Shift key and click at the end of the section to be selected. The page only jumps if you click and drag, it doesn't when you select text that way.

I looked online before posting and saw no updates past Version 9.0.3 so I will look again now based on your advice. (And thanks for the Shift+Click tip.) 

Message 15 of 73
latest reply

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@mjwl2006 wrote:

As I stated a few sessions ago, only the national stat holidays are counted. Hence, Good Friday is counted as a holiday but not Easter Monday since that one is optional per province.

With that said, if you have specific examples I can look at to determine whether the EDD coverage was adequate, please send them to me.

I do have specific examples (one was posted in the link later down the page). I have to argue that CPC and Easter Monday is hardly an optional one since it affects ALL postal services across the country not on a per-province basis. Where do you want these examples sent? To you? Or here? 

Message 16 of 73
latest reply

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@x..e wrote:

Hi w..e, I'm well, how are you?

I am fine, thanks.

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 17 of 73
latest reply

"How was your Easter?"

Pretty quiet around here.  We had seen the kids and grandkids the previous week.

So I had time to answer a few questions on several threads regarding the recently announced change of policy making eBay.ca a single currency site like all other eBay sites.  It kept me busy for several hours each day.

On a personal note, I was and am still amazed at the misinformation out there among Canadian sellers. So many do not understand how sites, currency, store, listings, tax (es) etc... all fit together. 

Also surprising is the amount of personal negative feelings expressed against eBay-Canada, its management and staff as if you guys are busy finding ways to ruin their lives and businesses.  Many take this business decision very personally.

So many posters (sellers) miss or refuse to listen to the obvious: the more sales sellers have, the more revenues (and profit) for eBay.  It is to the advantage of eBay to see sellers succeed.

Finally there is a huge credibility gap by so many towards eBay's statement that listing and selling in Canadian dollars will benefit most of them. So many think and really believe they have better results listing/selling in US$. There is no convincing them otherwise.

.... and life does go in.

Message 18 of 73
latest reply

As mj mentioned, Easter Monday is a CP holiday all across Canada. As long as I can remember, it has been like that.

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/kb/details.page?article=find_out_operating_h&cattype=kb&cat=sending...

Item   - Purchased on Sat, March 26th, Estimated delivery date for Canadian buyer - Tuesday, March 29th -  April 11

Standard Shipping was used and it shows the buyer on the listing- 2 - 11 business days. The time given in order details is 0 - 9 business days.

Considering Tuesday is the first day that the post office is open, Tuesday delivery would be impossible even if the buyer was in the same city.

Message 19 of 73
latest reply

Good day. 

Busy times, eh? I just want to throw my vote in for a migration tool from .com to .ca. I list on both sites and before the change I'd like to clean up my categories so they are all on one site, in one currency. I get a lot of multiple sales (I sell stamps and my categories are countries) and having a category in two currencies I believe will be inconvenient for customers. Keep up the good work. 

Al 

Message 20 of 73
latest reply