March 30th 2016 Weekly Session

Hello everyone,

Welcome to the last weekly session of March! As usual I'll leave this thread open until tomorrow and come respond to you as time permits.

Open issues:

• Odd missing gallery picture in search results
  • Errors when uploading more than one tracking number at a time (repeated, erroneous numbers saved)

Updates:

• Last week's issue with Revise - resolved
  • Safari browser SYI exhibiting erratic behaviour when trying to select text in description - Resolved, if you see this issue again please update to the latest version of Safari.
  • Wrong tax rates applied to PayPal labels - PayPal and Pitney Bowes are working on this
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinations - PayPal and Pitney Bowes are working on this
  • Sold items going into Unsold container - Team is investigating using live example provided
  • Combined shipping offers not shown to international buyers - under investigation with shipping team
Message 1 of 73
latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

Hello Raphael,

can you tell me if we wait until the migration tool if we are going to have to pay for the relists?  the promotions may have dropped by that time. 

also, I had to add selling manager due to the errors on listings that I have to correct, I'm still working on photo issues and now upc/brand/mpn issues and it only gives me that info in selling manager but I've noticed I now don't see the weekly sessions on the left side, and my sold view no longer shows notes from buyers (important since I have gotten emails from paypal without those notes) .  Is there some way of customizing these?  I've tried everything and had to unsubscribe the manager to get to these posts and will have to resubscribe in an hour to continue editing.  Seems like I will have to do this daily

Message 21 of 73
latest reply

That first listing was done on .ca. Item 351576917236 is listed on .com

Purchase made Friday, March 25th. eta - Friday, April 1 - Monday April 11th; listing states 5 - 11 business days

Actual time given - 4 - 10 business days

Message 22 of 73
latest reply

Why does Ebay constantly make changes and ignores fixing known errors, bugs, and issues?

Message 23 of 73
latest reply

Is there any news when the Spring Updates will be out?

Message 24 of 73
latest reply

I just had another incident today where a note is showing up in ebay sold view but not in the paypal payment.  I have called paypal about this but it seems it isn't fixed yet, luckily I still had the manager unsubscribed so I saw the note but not until after I mailed it- also lucky it wasn't a change in address

Message 25 of 73
latest reply

My goodness Dutchman. Don't you think we have enough change to deal with as it is this spring? lol
Message 26 of 73
latest reply

I am trying to figure out if I want to keep my store open so the more info I have, the better!

Sales are dead right now, buyers don't leaves feedback, so percentages for defects go up every review.

Message 27 of 73
latest reply

I would like to know why ebay thinks upc and mpn numbers are so important, most of the stock I sell is crafts from individual designers and there is no upc or mpn.  Ebay has a disclaimer saying buyers search by these metrics.  Sure, the last time I looked up something I did it with a upc number....do it all the time.....NOT!!  Even when I've put in a upc- ebay says it doesn't recognize it so most of my listings are does not apply, so why do they cancel my listings due to missing upc when all I have is does not apply....sure I know it's a computer program doing it but when did anyone ever see a upc number branded onto the back of a belt buckle? yet, I'm flagged for it.

Message 28 of 73
latest reply

Dutchman, I'm with you on the defects/FB thing. I'd much rather it be defects/total sales. Al
Message 29 of 73
latest reply

Oh, wow. I don't like it either. The only thing the UPC finder thing ever recognizes are books...and all of the recommendations are electronics. It really does not help me at all especially if I am selling vintage items.

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 30 of 73
latest reply

But then it would be an honest metric instead of a doctored one to punish sellers more!

Would Ebay do that intentionally? Of course they would!

Message 31 of 73
latest reply

I thought books were by isbn, or is that the same thing...?

Message 32 of 73
latest reply

I usually just do books by UPC even though I could use ISBN too. Books normally have both.

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 33 of 73
latest reply

Raphael

Please read this post and give us a definitive answer when this issue will be dealt with and defects removed for same.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Beware-Everybody-Items-Reappearing-in-Unsold-Items-List/m-p/253...

Message 34 of 73
latest reply

@rainbow71113 wrote:

I would like to know why ebay thinks upc and mpn numbers are so important, most of the stock I sell is crafts from individual designers and there is no upc or mpn.  Ebay has a disclaimer saying buyers search by these metrics.  Sure, the last time I looked up something I did it with a upc number....do it all the time.....NOT!!  Even when I've put in a upc- ebay says it doesn't recognize it so most of my listings are does not apply, so why do they cancel my listings due to missing upc when all I have is does not apply....sure I know it's a computer program doing it but when did anyone ever see a upc number branded onto the back of a belt buckle? yet, I'm flagged for it.

Dual purposes:

- Buyers often search via google for manufacturer part numbers or UPC codes to find items. Forcing this change improve your SEO. As long as craft and other items where UPC/Part numbers are not required then it shouldn't be too problematic considering the upside for some sellers.

- It allows ebay to group products into product pages which also improves SEO, but more importantly it points buyers to the "best value" for that item. Whether that is solely going to be a price function or a combination of factors remains to be seen.

Message 35 of 73
latest reply

Raphael,

Hope all the bruises have healed by now and your recovery has been aided by an infusion of chocolate.

A seller raised an interesting question in a thread earlier this week regarding item location misrepresentation. Quite a few of us Canadian sellers use USPS shipping services and some are looking to move their listings to .com to continue USD listing. In order to utilize calculated USPS shipping we have to adjust the item location so an origin zip can be established. By doing so that changes the item location to the US. I wouldn't think this would constitute item location misrepresentation given the item is being shipped from that location (most sellers will also maintain a return address in the same ZIP), but I thought I'd check for clarity as I'm sure there are others wondering the same.

Thanks!

Message 36 of 73
latest reply

thanks for that info, I just checked my unsold items and it's weird the two that they cancelled "due to product identifiers" are showing

up with this notation

eBay note: This listing has been cancelled due to a violation of our Duplicate listings policy. See "My Messages" for more details. And I can't get into my messages right now, error message

Message 37 of 73
latest reply

Duplicate listings will give you suspensions if you are not careful. Ebay obviously pick what ever reason they want to protect themselves.

Were these duplicates or just due to product identifiers.

Message 38 of 73
latest reply

I've got to go bid on something. Nice chatting with all of you.

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 39 of 73
latest reply

Currently if a seller has flat rate shipping they also have the option of allowing local pickup.

However the local pickup option disappears if the seller uses calculated shipping.

Why is that?

It should be allowed regardless of whether flat rate or calculated is chosen.

-..-

Message 40 of 73
latest reply