May 11th 2016 Weekly Session

Hello everyone,

Apologies for my absence today. As you may imagine, it's crunch time at eBay Canada! 🙂

I will leave the thread open over night and come back tomorrow. Fire away!

Open issues:

• Odd missing gallery picture in search results
  • Errors when uploading more than one tracking number at a time (repeated, erroneous numbers saved)
  • Selling limits live items count discrepancy

Updates:

• FVF on shipping charged on international sales even when there was free domestic shipping - troubleshooting underway, narrowing down the cause by elimination process
  • Seller marketing emails issues - Resolved, but unfortunately the fix cannot remove pending emails or send those that failed.
  • Wrong tax rates applied to PayPal labels - still no update from PayPal and Pitney Bowes
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinationsstill no update from PayPal and Pitney Bowes
  • Combined shipping offers not shown to international buyers - ticket open

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Hello Raphael,

Given that the current system to measure a sellers promptness of shipping is not extended to accommodate reasonable vacation durations (more than 2-3 days), it is my belief that we can no longer keep stores open during these vacation periods.

Because such an “enrichment” of the system was initiated by eBay, I think that a reasonable enhancement to the initiative would be that sellers should be allowed to have vacations without paying associated store fees because they CAN NOT KEEP STORES OPEN.

Since eBay from a practical perspective, does not allow me to operate my store during my vacation (due to the potential adverse impact in maintaining my rating system), I should not be charged for the time of vacation.

I understand that there should be some reasonable allowance for this (let’s say 2-3 weeks a year). This is further multiplied by the higher store fees.

During 15 years of selling on eBay I had numerous vacations and three times it was for 3 weeks… And many  times for 2 weeks.,,

During these vacations I was able to keep my store “on vacation and running” and was able to communicate with buyers daily explaining to them about postponed shipments with the reference to eBay’s note about my vacation.

Each time the buyers deemed this practice was OK and I did not receive any negative or neutral feedbacks or even unsatisfactory correspondence related to this situation.

The purpose of this letter is to ask you to bring this to the attention of these who installed these “dated questions” and "expectations of delivery dates'" as there may be something more suitable that can be implemented on the system.

This letter is written now because I will have two weeks vacation early in June and for the first time the store will be "closed".

As we all know, during my vacation with a closed store neither me nor eBay will earn from my items… this is not my choice!

I thank you in advance for your consideration.

Inna

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

Updates:

• FVF on shipping charged on international sales even when there was free domestic shipping - troubleshooting underway, narrowing down the cause by elimination process

Some data for the bug hunting (I found two bad shipping FVF in the last 4 weeks):

Apr 30 -- ebay.CA listing 222080142680, $4.10 domestic, FVF charged on $13.23 (to Australia)

May 6 -- eBay.COM listing 222104098397, free USA domestic, FVF charged on $4.00us (to Germany)

Is there procedure in place for getting these charges corrected?

-..-

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Hi Raphael -

Just a quick question about paypal labels.. I assume you may have noticed the various threads posted by members this week about the changes/problems printing labels.  Just wondering if you can give us any info concerning this issue that began last Friday?  It would be MUCH appreciated!  Thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Last week:

lady.stark wrote:

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

lady.stark wrote:

Hi Raphael. Up until yesterday, I was paying my seller fees in US $. My automatic payment was my American Express card. I changed my billing currency yesterday and tried to add my credit card again, but the system does not want to accept it. It says "Visa or MasterCard" only. Do you know why I can use it for my billing in US $, but not in CAD $? It does not make any sense... thanks!

Hello lady.stark,

Amex isn't accepted on eBay.ca, it is on eBay.com though. Perhaps you had set it up on eBay.com before?

Nope. I added it quite recently (maybe last year), and it was on eBay.CA. I did not use .com for more than 3 years.

I could be wrong, but in over 8 years working at eBay Canada, I don't remember Amex ever being accepted on eBay.ca. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today:

If you look at my account, I changed my payment method on August 30, 2015. And it was on eBay Canada (not .com) and the card that I entered is my Amex. So why was I able to do that then, but not now?

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Hi Raphael, I think my question last week wasn't clear enough, and more information has become available, so I'm trying again:

My store is registered on .COM  

My ebay supplies coupon says it is only valid on the ebay shipping store on .COM and it says it is $75 US$

Since last week Silviebee has tried and here are the results:

On .com shipping store one gets the message that it doesn't ship to my location (ie Canada).

On .ca shipping store one gets the message that the code does not apply.

So it appears that folks in Canada who happen to have an ebay store registered on .COM will not be able to use the coupon at all?

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Good morning,

Can some thought be given to allowing sellers to open Unpaid Item cases against buyers who request an order cancellation and then fail to acknowledge it? Or to have the number of Cancel Order requests counted like bid retractions? Such ebay members waste valuable time and resources. 

Thanks,

Maureen 

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Hi Raphael

Is the Migration Tool up and working?  It just says "Please wait while we process your request" for hours....when will this be working?

I thought it was today that it would be available?

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Did you actually find it ? ...if so where is it ?

Thanks

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

@block36 wrote:

Hello Raphael,

Given that the current system to measure a sellers promptness of shipping is not extended to accommodate reasonable vacation durations (more than 2-3 days), it is my belief that we can no longer keep stores open during these vacation periods.

Because such an “enrichment” of the system was initiated by eBay, I think that a reasonable enhancement to the initiative would be that sellers should be allowed to have vacations without paying associated store fees because they CAN NOT KEEP STORES OPEN.

Since eBay from a practical perspective, does not allow me to operate my store during my vacation (due to the potential adverse impact in maintaining my rating system), I should not be charged for the time of vacation.

I understand that there should be some reasonable allowance for this (let’s say 2-3 weeks a year). This is further multiplied by the higher store fees.

During 15 years of selling on eBay I had numerous vacations and three times it was for 3 weeks… And many  times for 2 weeks.,,

During these vacations I was able to keep my store “on vacation and running” and was able to communicate with buyers daily explaining to them about postponed shipments with the reference to eBay’s note about my vacation.

Each time the buyers deemed this practice was OK and I did not receive any negative or neutral feedbacks or even unsatisfactory correspondence related to this situation.

The purpose of this letter is to ask you to bring this to the attention of these who installed these “dated questions” and "expectations of delivery dates'" as there may be something more suitable that can be implemented on the system.

This letter is written now because I will have two weeks vacation early in June and for the first time the store will be "closed".

As we all know, during my vacation with a closed store neither me nor eBay will earn from my items… this is not my choice!

I thank you in advance for your consideration.

Inna

Hello Inna,

Thanks for the detailed recommendation. I will take it to the relevant teams. Hope you have a good vacation!

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

Updates:

Some data for the bug hunting (I found two bad shipping FVF in the last 4 weeks):

Apr 30 -- ebay.CA listing 222080142680, $4.10 domestic, FVF charged on $13.23 (to Australia)

May 6 -- eBay.COM listing 222104098397, free USA domestic, FVF charged on $4.00us (to Germany)

Is there procedure in place for getting these charges corrected?

-..-

Hi ypdc_dennis,

Thanks for this. I have added this info to the case.

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

@forester_studios wrote:

Hi Raphael -

Just a quick question about paypal labels.. I assume you may have noticed the various threads posted by members this week about the changes/problems printing labels.  Just wondering if you can give us any info concerning this issue that began last Friday?  It would be MUCH appreciated!  Thanks! Smiley Happy

Hi forester_studios,

Unfortunately since the split, I haven't had much success reaching anyone at PayPal regarding the labels platform, so I don't have any info at all, in fact, I'm not in the loop with the issue that began last Friday. Can you tell me more? I can send an email about it.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

@lady.stark wrote:

Last week:

l@ady.stark wrote:

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@lady.stark wrote:

Hi Raphael. Up until yesterday, I was paying my seller fees in US $. My automatic payment was my American Express card. I changed my billing currency yesterday and tried to add my credit card again, but the system does not want to accept it. It says "Visa or MasterCard" only. Do you know why I can use it for my billing in US $, but not in CAD $? It does not make any sense... thanks!

Hello lady.stark,

Amex isn't accepted on eBay.ca, it is on eBay.com though. Perhaps you had set it up on eBay.com before?

Nope. I added it quite recently (maybe last year), and it was on eBay.CA. I did not use .com for more than 3 years.

I could be wrong, but in over 8 years working at eBay Canada, I don't remember Amex ever being accepted on eBay.ca. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today:

If you look at my account, I changed my payment method on August 30, 2015. And it was on eBay Canada (not .com) and the card that I entered is my Amex. So why was I able to do that then, but not now?

Hi lady.stark,

Out of the whole eBay Canada product team, which I am part of, no one remembers Amex ever being accepted on eBay.ca. We could be wrong, but generally we know our site pretty well and we have been working here for many years.

I just looked at your account and all the credit cards I see there were Visa. You had PayPal as a selected payment method a few times, could it be that you had your fees paid on your Amex via your PayPal account? 

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

Hi Raphael, I think my question last week wasn't clear enough, and more information has become available, so I'm trying again:

My store is registered on .COM  

My ebay supplies coupon says it is only valid on the ebay shipping store on .COM and it says it is $75 US$

Since last week Silviebee has tried and here are the results:

On .com shipping store one gets the message that it doesn't ship to my location (ie Canada).

On .ca shipping store one gets the message that the code does not apply.

So it appears that folks in Canada who happen to have an ebay store registered on .COM will not be able to use the coupon at all?

Hi ricarmic, thanks for your patience with me 🙂 I had indeed replied to the wrong post when I replied to you. My bad.

Canadian sellers aren't supposed to receive US shipping supplies coupons with the eBay.com stores subscriptions, as you pointed out, they won't work for you. This is an error about which we are going to alert the appropriate team. Sorry about the confusion this may have created.

Edit: What is supposed to happen for you and sellers in the same situation is, you will receive a Canadian coupon to use in the eBay.ca shipping supplies store later in the month.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Good morning,

Can some thought be given to allowing sellers to open Unpaid Item cases against buyers who request an order cancellation and then fail to acknowledge it? Or to have the number of Cancel Order requests counted like bid retractions? Such ebay members waste valuable time and resources. 

Thanks,

Maureen 

Hi Maureen,

All great suggestions, thanks for sharing. I'll share them in turn.

Message 15 of 21
latest reply

@avenueshopswapsell wrote:

Hi Raphael

Is the Migration Tool up and working?  It just says "Please wait while we process your request" for hours....when will this be working?

I thought it was today that it would be available?

Hi avenueshopswapsell,

The Tool launched today as planned, but as you pointed out, there are issues which we are working to resolve. We will announce as soon as we are confident with the tool performance.

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

Hi Raphael, 

Re:

I just had another 10 get charged to my account, I called again and got credit for all of them.  What a pain and the CSR's don't know about this.  I have to give them an example of where it was not charged and then they believe me. Geez!

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

Hi Raphael, 

Re:

I just had another 10 get charged to my account, I called again and got credit for all of them.  What a pain and the CSR's don't know about this.  I have to give them an example of where it was not charged and then they believe me. Geez!

Hi musicyouneed,

Sorry you have to jump through these hoops to rectify. What would greatly help me add weight to this case is if you could send me an email with the 10 item numbers. Thanks in advance.

Message 19 of 21
latest reply