May I ask a seller if they carry this item?

Hello-

Is it within ebay's policy to inquire with a (random) seller if they carry an item that I'm interested in?

I live in the US and saw an item on Forever 21 Canada's website (a set of elastic hairbands, of all things, but they won't ship to a US address). I was thinking of asking an ebay seller in Canada (that carries similar items) if he/she would be willing to carry and them and then I could buy them (+ shipping and eBay fees). Obviously, I am crazy for these hairbands!  🙂

Thank you in advance!
Cathy

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I have fielded questions like this on many occasions and have been pleased to source those products for the buyers.

There is nothing outside the policy about it so far as I am aware so long as the business is conducted on ebay since the contact is made here.

Research rules of pre-order if that is what the seller asks you to do. It's a little different than a regular transaction. 

Good luck! 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thank you SO much--that's very helpful!! 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I'm guessing that they aren't available on the forever 21 US website?  If for some reason you were only directed to the Canadian site and havent checked the US one, just change the country at the top right on the main page.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Off topic. PJ, I see 8,000 forum posts under your id for the reply above. Wow, so many posts. Where does the time go?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thanks PJ!  Unfortunately, the hairbands are only carried on the Canadian site--and they won't ship to a US address. 😞

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@cvillian wrote:

Unfortunately, the hairbands are only carried on the Canadian site--and they won't ship to a US address. 😞

Welcome to the predicament of MANY Canadian buyers shopping on eBay.com...

Message 7 of 7
latest reply