Not as describe? What do you think

Do you think this is an example for a Not as Describe case?

RtnDownloadFilecc.jpg

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Not as describe? What do you think

The problem you have is that it is not your opinion or any ones that really count. If the buyer thinks it is SNAD then it is SNAD and there is not one thing you can do about it.

One further thing it is a very bad idea to show generic pictures - specially I would think of cards. Buyers want to see what they are purchasing, plus you are really opening the door for SNAD.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

That is not a copy, that is a completely different card to my eyes. That leaf thing in the lower left is different.

You cannot show a picture of one thing and send another. eBay 100, buyer is entitled to what is in the picture.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

It is a bit like having twin brothers...  One in a white T-shirt  and the second in a  black T-shirt......

The same... BUT different...

The photo MUST show the card the buyer will get.

No more... No less...

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

The card pictured in the listing has a nice balance between white and black....  

The actual card sent to the buyer does not have the same balanced character.....   

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Thanks Guys.. but I been working like this since 2002 and had no issue.  The matters is that the buyer bought 2 cards from me open 2 cases with me. 

I lose the case & appeal on the card of my original post.

But I won this one.

RtnDownloadFileBD.jpg

I contacted eBay via Twitter and they are reviewing again.  The guys with the Twitter account think that the buyer probably exchange the card when uploading to the Resolution Center to get a refund.  2 different agents at the Resolution Center worked on each case separately and one catch the switch (seller won the case)... the second agent didn't catch the switch and seller lose the case.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Hi There - Sorry your not happy with your card - I collect and sell sportscards. Unfortunately some sellers liquidate a lot of repeat material and in this case the seller posted his finest of the bunch. He/She dumped on you the subsequent not so nice jersey card. You now have inherited four other issues by receiving this imposter. Centering/Corners/Surface/Edges are all different on the received card from the seller. Definitely return this abomination.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Hi... You know that I am the seller and not the buyer.  So, I don't think I am following you.  Like I said before I been selling on ebay since 2002 and never had issues before of this nature.  All our cards are quality cards with no major issues... cause I will have been in trouble before this, don't you think.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

My BAD...u must have used auctiv$. 

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

If the card on the left is the one you advertised, and the card on the right is the one you sent, then you are wrong and the buyer deserves to get the particular variety you showed in your ad.

As a sometime stamp seller, my customers are often completing a set where the position of the stamp is very important. There may or may not be a difference in price or value (which are not actually the same thing) but the difference is important to the buyer.

In addition, the card on the  left appears to have most of the LL corner missing. Perhaps that is just the photo. In my opinion, flat things should be scanned not photographed, because scans allow much greater precision in the picture. (I usually use 300 dpi for books but 600 dpi for stamps occasionally even 1200 dpi)

Perhaps until now all your customers wanted was spacefillers. That's fine, but if this customer wants the exact variety you showed, that is what you should be sending.

If the card has been returned, refund and apologize.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Femme.. no the other way around.  The one on the right is the one advertize and the one on the left is the one that the buyer received. Why did you think I used tiny pictures for me listings?  I am being on ebay since 2002 with more than 5000 transactions and 2245 feedback, only one neg in all those years (a new buyer from France that left neg. for not received only days after purchase).

Like I said before, ebay agreed for one of them and the other one is being re-evaluate because the buyer switch both cards in his claim.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

I am not following you here. The pictures you posted comparing what your auction pictured and what you sent the buyer appear to be different.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Guys... you need to read the description.  It says..... We usually have multiple copies of the same card, we will sent you the best one we have in stock, and can differ from the actual picture.....

When someone open a case, it is a "not as describe" case not a "NOT AS PICTURED" case.  The picture and description make a hold.

I will repeat myself... eBay is agreeing with me on this. 

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Guys, I can even use stock images for card listings, using ebay catalogue  like this Eric Staal jersey card.ex.JPG

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

On today's eBay it is most important to deliver  what is in the photograph, in relation to what is described in the listing.  

You specifically state  that the buyer may not get the item in the photograph...  

How does one prove that a buyer made a substitution when they forwarded a photograph of what you mailed to them... when substitution is a possibility as indicated in the listing.

Your approach may have worked in the past.

But... if you read what is happening on eBay.com....  Buyers are making claims and are winning their claims.... without question

and... You do not want defects popping up.

What we are saying is .. Be Careful.   Buyer should get what you show in the photograph in the  listing... No substitution...

---------------------------------------------------------

If I were buying this card, in person  and I had a choice between two cards  I would choose the one with the nice balance between white-black-white....for the jersey patch...  it is more pleasing to the eye.... for me

and if I were buying on eBay....  and you did not send the card in the photograph....  Guess how unhappy I would be.

----------------------------------------------------------

It is not what was resolved in relation to a  dispute... A practice of substitution will lead to more defects.

Over the years my view of successful selling on eBay is knowing what NOT do do...  how not to gather defects...on today's eBay

Message 15 of 17
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, no matter how many you have, if you have 20 same cards (unless they are in the same image, same conditions), you have to show pictures of each item.   That is why there is "not as described" dispute.

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

When I buy, I want to see what I'm getting.

If you are asking top dollar, I expect the seller to take the time to list appropriately.

If I accept a generic photo for a multiple 'same' item listing, then the seller best send me as good or better quality.

If not, the seller will get it back.

I will message, but some buyers will use the resolution centre, creating a deficit, either because they don't know any better or because they're POed feeling you wasted their time and jerked them around, etc.

Sometimes laziness can cause more grief than it's worth.

Message 17 of 17
latest reply