PayPal shipping down

I keep getting the message "PayPal shipping is unavailable"  Please try again.

The system charged my PayPal account though, and I cannot print or cancel the label.  

It's frustrating.  Anyone else having problems?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: PayPal shipping down

@consoledcat wrote:

The system charged my PayPal account though, and I cannot print or cancel the label.  

That was happening last night as well. You can reprint through Paypal.

Photobucket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

@consoledcat wrote:

That was happening last night as well. You can reprint through Paypal.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I could not print or reprint the label I had paid for, nor could I cancel it.  

I called PayPal, and was told that they have been having shipping label issues the last few days.  They were unable to tell me when the problem would be resolved, just that they are working on it. They gave me a refund for the last purchase of a label, the one I couldn't print, reprint or cancel. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Having similar issues Oct 4th and 5th

Seems to just effect CPC airmail labels, click pay, CPC payment is processed(takes your money), no label generated, reprint does not work(sorry not available), retry reaches max reprints...dead end. had to void , retried in classic paypal it worked 2nd time around.. .this is 3 times in 24hrs...becoming a major issue..

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

This is the second day in a row that we have experienced this issue.  Yesterday morning a label wouldn't print out for a parcel that we were sending to Tennessee. 

Tried numerous times throughout the day, simply wouldn't print (PayPal is unavailable in the pop up).  Our account was charged. 

We had to void the label, tried again, and it worked as expected. 

Today, tried to print out a label for a parcel destined for Australia.  Same thing, account charged yet the pop up stating that PayPal is unavailable.  Going to wait until the morning to try again, trying to avoid throwing money to the wind. 

Every package in between these two printed their labels as expected. 

Yes, we can get the funds back in approximately thirty days after voiding but it would be thrilling if this would stop happening.  It's confusing to our customers. 

If anyone knows a trick that they would like to share, we would be all ears! 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I will start with basics.

What OS (operating system) are you using? Windows version or Mac?

What browser are you using?

Did you clear browser cache and cookies?

Did you try another browser?

Are your OS and browsers up to date?

I believe PayPal labels uses PDF files so you need to make sure you Adobe PDF Reader is up to date.

What internet security product are you using? Is it up to date? If PayPal does not show in the popup, maybe your popup blocker is stopping the label from showing. Any strange things happen lately with your internet security and popup blocker?

Who is your ISP (Internet Service provider)?

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

How did you solve this? I've been having problems with Paypal shipping since yesterday, and "reprint" doesn't work, since it just says that Paypal shipping is unavailable. 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

The problem seems to be with canada post,they are down for maintenence and are having poblems,has nothing to do with your computer or operating system.The tracking through canada post is also not working,i took a package to the po yesterday and the tracking still does not show accepted by the po as yet,took numerouse tries to print the label but was able to after the second try with the old clasic system,hopefully cp is back on line soon

@thispermanent wrote:

How did you solve this? I've been having problems with Paypal shipping since yesterday, and "reprint" doesn't work, since it just says that Paypal shipping is unavailable. 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I have 8 labels to print today! VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!! ;-(
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I agree!  I've had this issue ongoing since Oct 4th (almost a week at this point).  Had to call to get refunds on 4 labels .  Told each time they are aware many merchants are having this issue.  Each time told they put in a ticket / or put me on a ticket for merchants with issues...everytime I've called back been told i'm not on a ticket or no ticket has been created (pretty sure this is their stall tactic cause they don't know what is going on) and they'd do it now.    15 labels needed to be printed today....ended up having to do them  via Canadapost website which added a ton of extra time 😞

I've tried all browsers (safari, chrome, IE, edge, firefox ect) all history and cookies have been removed and same thing everytime....once I press purchase get a notice saying there was a problem and I have not been charged and no label was generated.  Each time I have been charged and it shows a label was created.   Try to reprint and get pop up window as normal, but then says paypal shipping is unavailable. 

Today was told they REALLY put in a ticket (was put on hold for 2 minutes while she created it...lol) and to wait 48 hours before I try to do another shipping label.  This is ridiculous!

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@kiralicious wrote:

I agree!  I've had this issue ongoing since Oct 4th (almost a week at this point).  Had to call to get refunds on 4 labels .  Told each time they are aware many merchants are having this issue.  Each time told they put in a ticket / or put me on a ticket for merchants with issues...everytime I've called back been told i'm not on a ticket or no ticket has been created (pretty sure this is their stall tactic cause they don't know what is going on) and they'd do it now.    15 labels needed to be printed today....ended up having to do them  via Canadapost website which added a ton of extra time 😞

I've tried all browsers (safari, chrome, IE, edge, firefox ect) all history and cookies have been removed and same thing everytime....once I press purchase get a notice saying there was a problem and I have not been charged and no label was generated.  Each time I have been charged and it shows a label was created.   Try to reprint and get pop up window as normal, but then says paypal shipping is unavailable. 

Today was told they REALLY put in a ticket (was put on hold for 2 minutes while she created it...lol) and to wait 48 hours before I try to do another shipping label.  This is ridiculous!

I finally printed all 8, but not without the difficulties: I got several messages like "PayPal shipping not available", "address error", etc. or similar.  I hope this horror ends ......

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Those few days that others were having problems with labels I wasn't. Now starting late last night and today I now cannot print labels. Paid for one, it shows as completed but I cannot print it. Error this error that through PayPal.....sigh

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I've been having this problem for a week.  Four labels I have had to void, and I don't get the money back for a month.  I feel like this is stealing.  Why can they take my money without the service provided?  I have had to ship my items through canada post and it is like six bucks more per package.  I have been on the phone with them, they say it is Canada Post, then I phone Canada Post and they say it is Paypal.  I don't like that I have to void labels because a reprint is only allowed for 24 hours.  Man, this stuff makes me want to quit selling.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply