Printing lebels for sold items

Dear Canadian sellers,

eBay recommends us to print shipping labels through PAYPAL and they state this should eliminate shipping delays. I was not able to find detailed instructions how to do it and also I did not understand yet the advantage of this.

If someone is familiar with such a procedure, could you please give me directions?  Thank you a lot!  ? 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Printing lebels for sold items

it*s-not-me
Community Member

The easiest way is to start at ebay.ca  (not ebay.com) and go to your sold items.

Then simply go to the right and click print label.

That will take you to PayPal....... you log on and it takes you right the page where you buy the label.

You just fill in the blanks.

It couldn't be easier.

Even though it states that a laser printer is required, apparently any printer will do but I'm not sure since I use a laser printer.

I don't know if it reduces shipping time.

For me it makes things easier and IMO it's much safer because buyers get a fake tracking number which gives the illusion that the item is tracable.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

A link to the eBay.ca help page:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/printing-invoice.html

As you can see, the information is IRRELEVANT. Someone picked up the eBay.com (USA) information and changed the URL to reflect .ca .  Stupid!

The information you need is located here:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sellerguide/shipping/printlabels.html

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I appreciate you opinion about the fake tracking system since I was exposed to such thing as a buyer.

I was thinking and even dared to recommend to eBay to let buyers to enter the shipping date from the postal label, and then their computer will judge (if this is in accordance with seller's commitment regarding the shipment's speed).

Of course, this may bring some problems to sellers who can ship their items as letters with stamp (dropping them in the postal box), but if they will go to the postal outlet, they may eliminate unfair judgements about their promptness.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

"enter the shipping date from the postal label,"

Great idea IF the date on the shipping label was accurate.

There is nothing preventing sellers from printing a label today and shipping a week from now. 😞

Message 5 of 5
latest reply