Proof of Signature

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to know why does PayPal requires a Proof of Signature with XpressPost to USA/International countries, whenever anyone opens a dispute against sellers when in fact, PayPal don't provide the option for sellers to use a Proof of Signature???!!!

I was checking for full information before I ship the expensive items only to find out that PayPal don't provide a proof of Signature to a city in Florida.

I checked Winkepedia for the specific city/town in Florida and am puzzled as to why PayPal cannot provide a proof of signature for my buyer to sign the package.  This city/town is 5 times larger than my tiny town and I am able to sign it on any XpressPost packages at any time and all the time.  Yet this town in Florida is 5 times larger than my tiny town and PayPal CANNOT provide a proof of signature???!!

I felt that it is unfair that PayPal makes some demands like insane policies requiring a proof of signature when in fact, they cannot even provide a proof of signature for XpressPost???

PayPal should provide an option for us to pay for a Proof of Signature with XpressPost at any time, regardless of how large or tiny town/city it is because they do have a post office, therefore, anyone can go and sign it!  PayPal should not limit to some cities for the Proof of Signature.

I would appreciate it if anyone at PayPal would respond to it with very clear specific answers, not to "ignore" like they do with other questions/issues.  I felt that to post messages here with PayPal, they should be responding to them, so we would understand why we are having problems like cannot have the option to pay for a Proof of Signature.

I don't like it when anyone opens a dispute against a seller and then PayPal requires a proof of signature when in fact, I cannot even choose that option and pay for it as PayPal don't offer that option.  It is very totally unfair for PayPal to do that.  I consider the practice of require for a proof of signature by PayPal is deception and unfair to the sellers.  PayPal must change that and offers that option to us at any time for XpressPost.

Now please PayPal respond to it and also to add that option for us to pay for a Proof of Signature with XpressPost all the time, regardless of what size the city/town is as they do have a post office or a person from the post office deliver them to the buyers.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Proof of Signature

Xpresspost USA using PayPal has signature option already included when you purchase. So there is no option needed in PayPal for signature. Repeat, it is included. it should be clearer in PayPal that it is included.

As for Xpresspost International, it is included also. However, whether you will actually get a signature is unknown. Probably for UK, AUstralia, France, Germany and most western countries served by Xpresspost.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Proof of Signature

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not true, when I was using PayPal Shipping for XpressPost and I tried to click for an option of Signature of Proof, it just won't.  And what more it doesn't print the label with a bold black X on it, so what am I supposed to?

Actually when I want to use a Signature of Proof, we have to pay extra and in this case for Florida, it is NOT happening?? 

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Proof of Signature

@pocomocomputing wrote:

Xpresspost USA using PayPal has signature option already included when you purchase. So there is no option needed in PayPal for signature. Repeat, it is included. it should be clearer in PayPal that it is included.

As for Xpresspost International, it is included also. However, whether you will actually get a signature is unknown. Probably for UK, AUstralia, France, Germany and most western countries served by Xpresspost.

Correcting my post.

Xpresspost USA has the cost of signature option included. The setup for Xpresspost USA is showing "Not Available" in error.

As for Xpresspost International, it is not included but is an optional fee. My mistake. I see the option to have signature for UK at $2.50 and you slect it.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Proof of Signature

Since you actually tried it and got no X for confirmation, then you have proof it is not setup correctly.

As far as I knew, Xpresspost USA had Signature Confirmation included in the price and was automatically selected.

There have been posts in these forums in the past about the wonky PayPal setup for Xpresspost USA but from I remember, you just printed it and signature was selected.

I will do a little more research.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Proof of Signature

When I go to Canada Post website and use Find A Rate page and make a test and select Xpresspost USA, Signature confirmation, it shows it included in the price.

This Psotal Guide for Xpresspost USA on Canada Post Website says it is included.

http://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/PGxpresusa-e.asp

Section 7.5

Signature is automatically included in the service at no additional charge and is provided when available for Priority Worldwide, Xpresspost – USA (including Prepaid Envelopes) and Xpresspost – International Prepaid Envelopes.

So it should be included.

Are you sure the Xpresspost USA label you printed does not have Signature Confirmation requested on it.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Proof of Signature

So basically you can't opt for Signature Confirmation because it is already included.

That's like saying I want a son but he has to have a Y chromosome. It comes with the package.

(Apologies to Chas Bono)

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Proof of Signature

Anonymous
Not applicable

It may works on the Canada Post website which included the cost of XpressPost BUT IT IS NOT on the PayPal site!

I did go through it last night as I need to purchase the shipping label to ship the items this morning.  It said "not available"!

I remembered last year and more many years ago, I was able to have that option to pay for a Proof of Signature and now it is not making it available all the time. 

Unless PayPal has played with the technology making it hard for us.  Excuse me, it has nothing to do with my computer or whatever like need to clean cache or cookies or whatever.  I did go there to check and everything is fine.  It is on the PayPal's end that is not making it available as an option for us to us.

If it is INCLUDED in the cost of XpressPost as feemme said, so why was PayPal charging us for it in the past??  Does it means PayPal is "oops" and made the errors and do owe us for that??

Don't ask me to go to the post office to do it as I am mobility limited with health conditions and I rely on PayPal Shipping 100% and that is the purpose of using PayPal Shipping 24/7 for me. 

Again, anyone on PayPal to please to respond not to "ignore" it unless they don't know what they are doing?  Thanks!!

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Proof of Signature

If you want an answer from paypal, you might want to post on the paypal message boards as I don't think that they usually read these boards.

As poco explained, xpresspost USA automatically has a signature option so there is no need to indicate that you need it as you get it regardless. If you are printing a label with paypal, click on Shipment FAQ which is right under the optional message box.Another box will come up ...scroll down to Shipping to the USA and you'll see...

Xpresspost™ - USA - This service provides fast, guaranteed, on-time delivery with delivery confirmation and signature for documents, packages, and parcels destined for addresses and Post Office boxes in the United States. Delivery standards are 2 and 3 business days between major urban centres. Includes: Delivery Confirmation, Signatory name, Guaranteed On-Time Delivery, and $100.00 CAD Coverage.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Proof of Signature

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just purchased a shipping label for XpressPost to ship my item to UK and I see the option for signature of proof for $2.50 came up but NOTHING for USA!  It doesn't make senses!!

I used to see that option for USA in the past until recently.  I read on PayPal site, it is an option for a fee but it is not happening if I want to buy that option for USA!

Excuse me, why is there "PayPal" message board here if someone at PayPal don't read?  What is the point?? 

I am not interested to call PayPal as there are too many incompetent persons not knowing to answer which is a waste of time!  Thanks.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Proof of Signature

" but NOTHING for USA!  It doesn't make senses!!"

Of course it does.  Please read the post by PJ one more time. It explains it.

There is no option available because IT IS INCLUDED.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Proof of Signature

Xpresspost USA Signature option is included as mentioned before. The PayPal shipping web page is showing Not Available which is very misleading and it should show Included.

I have sent kalvin at eBay.ca an email explaining the issue and one day it may be fixed by eBay and PayPal. Based on past performance with issues with PayPal shipping being fixed, it may take some time.

However, you should be able to print the Xpresspost USA shipping label by PayPal with the signature option selected. The only way to know for sure is to try it.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Proof of Signature

I just purchased a shipping label for XpressPost to ship my item to UK and I see the option for signature of proof for $2.50 came up but NOTHING for USA!  It doesn't make senses!!

There is no charge for a signature for USA Xpresspost, it is automatically included.

I used to see that option for USA in the past until recently.  I read on PayPal site, it is an option for a fee but it is not happening if I want to buy that option for USA!

Sorry but you have NEVER been able to buy a signature option for xpresspost USA. Now it is included and is free but in the past it was not available on Paypal or from Canada Post.

Excuse me, why is there "PayPal" message board here if someone at PayPal don't read?  What is the point?? 

These are user message boards. The different forums are for that particular topic. They are not a customer service forums.  Once in a while, an ebay rep will answer in a specific forum but that is fairly recent as well. By recent I mean in the past year or so.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/everyone-boards.html

The eBay discussion boards are a place where you can connect with other eBay members, ask for guidance from other eBay members, and learn more about other members' eBay experiences and best practices. By following the principles found in our community values, the entire eBay community can help keep the boards a helpful, educational, and enjoyable place to meet and discuss.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Proof of Signature

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

There is no charge for a signature for USA Xpresspost, it is automatically included.

Sorry but you have NEVER been able to buy a signature option for xpresspost USA. Now it is included and is free but in the past it was not available on Paypal or from Canada Post.

You know, 'honeybed'  may have had a point, although it may not have been clearly expressed.  I sent 2 Xpresspost USA parcels in the last couple of weeks, expecting, as you say, that signature confirmation would be included.  

On checking the tracking information (both have since been delivered), I see that for each one the "Signatory Name" has been recorded, but when you click on it, you can't access the actual signature online -- a Canada Post phone# is given "for further information".  

Now perhaps it is possible to get a copy of the actual signature by phoning Canada Post, I haven't tried.  However, I did click on "Get a Delivery Certificate", and here is what popped up: 

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/servlet/DeliveryConfirmationServlet?trackId=EM006355259CA

Notice that this document indicates signature is "not available".  Whether that means "not available from anywhere", or only available upon telephone request, I don't know.  I'm planning to call the phone # indicated and see what Canada Post says about how one gets the actual signature confirmation.  If this were a matter of a dispute, I would think Paypal would require a copy of the actual signature. 

As for Paypal not indicating that signature confirmation is included when one prepares a label, it would be nice to have some sort of comment next to the "Xpresspost" selection to clearly state that SC is included in the price being paid.  I have to admit that even though I've used Xpresspost a fair amount, I still stop and wonder when I'm doing the label. 

By the way, 'honeybed'  may be right concerning the "X" line for recipient's signature -- it is not a line at the bottom anymore, but there is a box just below the bar code with sections for recipient name, signature, and date of receipt.  I presume that many of these deliveries are handled by digital signature now anyway.  

I agree with 'honeybed'  that Paypal could make their label information a bit clearer.  Perhaps a phone call would work best -- I hear Paypal (unlike eBay) actually has trained and effective people at their customer service numbers. 

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Proof of Signature

Notice that this document indicates signature is "not available".  Whether that means "not available from anywhere", or only available upon telephone request, I don't know.  I'm planning to call the phone # indicated and see what Canada Post says about how one gets the actual signature confirmation.  If this were a matter of a dispute, I would think Paypal would require a copy of the actual signature.

That's interesting, you will have to let us know what CP says about that.

By the way, 'honeybed'  may be right concerning the "X" line for recipient's signature -- it is not a line at the bottom anymore,

I don't remember saying that she was wrong about that but I do believe that she was referring to the area on the right side that shows up on expedited. It is x'd if you pay for a signature but I don't think that they use that on xpresspost...perhaps because it is automatically included. I don't think that she was talking about the line for a signature but I could be mistaken.

I agree with 'honeybed'  that Paypal could make their label information a bit clearer. 

Yes they should.

Perhaps a phone call would work best -- I hear Paypal (unlike eBay) actually has trained and effective people at their customer service numbers.

Paypal does have excellent phone reps but honeybed has mentioned that she is hearing impaired and that phone calls are difficult.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply

Proof of Signature

if you're so worried about it, send it registered mail or COD then they HAVE to sign for it or they don't get it at all. if they don't sign or COD within 3 day i think it is, then the package gets returned to you no questions asked or additional fees for not having a signer

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Proof of Signature

briar rose:  Registered may require a Signature, but Paypal does not accept Registered service as proof of delivery, signature or no.

I'me not saying it's logical.

Also the insurance included is only $50 instead of $100 on ExpressPost etc.

Ain't logical.- Jayne Cobb

Message 17 of 17
latest reply