Received Wrong Item - Seller Blames EBAY

Hello,

I purchased a Dual Arm Monitor Mount. http://www.ebay.com/itm/131137324015?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I Received some sort of HDMI multi-port box. 

Seller tells me it is Ebay's Fault not theirs, that I must take it up with Ebay. 

I have no idea how to take this to Ebay, as all the links take me to a Resolution Centre which then takes me to PayPal since I payed with PayPal.

Any Tips on what Action I should take?  Get my lawyer onto this? 

Thanks.

Mars

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Received Wrong Item - Seller Blames EBAY

marnotom!
Community Member

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

It appears that your item was shipped through the Global Shipping Program.  The process for getting a refund isn't quite as described in the above page, but pursuing a refund through PayPal is the only way you'll be able to recover both your funds for your item and the import charges through the GSP.  You shouldn't have to send it back, at least.  No need to involve lawyers.

Just to double-check here:  Is there a Canadian return address on the package you received?  Does it look as though it was opened and resealed?  There should be a note from the GSP if it were.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Thank you for the reply!

There is a barcode, some Ebay packing tape, on closer inspection it says Pitney Bowes Global Ecommerce / Global Shipping Program.

There was my address slip on the box.  No information otherwise.

It does not look like it was opened.

Okay, well the Seller is pretty adamant that as far as they are concerned the item has been shipped to me and they will tell PayPal/Ebay this... So maybe I need to also talk to Pitney Bowes as it looks like they handled this package.

Thanks for the help.

Mars

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

No no no no.

Just start the Item Not As Described claim. Don't reinvent the wheel.

You don't need to talk to anyone.

You will be refunded.

Most of the process happens behind the curtain. You don't have to talk to anyone.

However, unless you have reason to believe that there was an accidental switch at the PB plant in Kentucky, the seller is not being helpful. This should affect the feedback you leave.

Technically, his responsibility ends when your parcel, whatever he put in it,  got to the PB plant, but he wasn't very helpful about sorting out the problem.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Oh okay,

I have never had an issue before. This is my first, I guess my luck finally ran out on Ebay.  Everyone I know has had a few bad transactions take place on Ebay.

Well I started a Claim with PayPal since I am not allowed to make a claim through Ebay. 

Best to stick with Amazon.ca I guess.

Thanks!

Mars

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Paypal is owned by eBay. They are the money people. All the shifts are automatic. Outside of the USA all financial problems are handled by Paypal.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I think you should call your lawyer. Let them spend an hour or two and I am pretty sure they will come up with a good response. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@aurorageo wrote:

I have never had an issue before. This is my first, I guess my luck finally ran out on Ebay.  Everyone I know has had a few bad transactions take place on Ebay.

Well I started a Claim with PayPal since I am not allowed to make a claim through Ebay. 

Best to stick with Amazon.ca I guess.

I'm not following your line of thought.  You've never had an issue on eBay before.  You have one issue with a seller you've never dealt with before and have to file a dispute and claim so now you want to switch websites and likely deal with a bunch of sellers you've never dealt with before?

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Not much thought has to go into it.

If Amazon sends the wrong package or defective item they simply email me a shipping slip and I send it back free of charge.  No Dispute Resolution, no days of outlining over and over the same issue, waiting for a week for a resolution only to be told I have to send the package back at my own cost which ends up being half the price of the original item.

Amazon makes it easy.

Ebay makes it painful.

What more is there?

Cheers,

Mars

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@aurorageo wrote:

If Amazon sends the wrong package or defective item they simply email me a shipping slip and I send it back free of charge.  No Dispute Resolution, no days of outlining over and over the same issue, waiting for a week for a resolution only to be told I have to send the package back at my own cost which ends up being half the price of the original item.

Amazon makes it easy.

Ebay makes it painful.

What more is there?

I have yet to hear of a "not as described" dispute for a GSP item where the buyer has had to return the item.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply