Retirement of USD from eBay.ca Selling Flows

Hello Canadian sellers,

This thread is open for discussion regarding the recent announcement about eBay Canada retiring USD support from its selling flows. Myself and other employees will come visit this thread and do our best to answer any questions on this topic.

Message 1 of 1,448
latest reply
1,447 REPLIES 1,447

Re: Retirement of USD from eBay.ca Selling Flows

Yes, and you should have left it that way.  Don't tell me that it is a coincidence that since we have to list in CAD, sales are down to American sellers about 90%.  It wasn't broke, why did you try to fix It?

Message 1321 of 1,448
latest reply

New date for $US retirement:  January.16th

Migration tool still don't work for me and it seems that Raphael have left me with the problem.

No more follow up, no more answer to my email....

Thanks for your kind support.....

Message 1322 of 1,448
latest reply

As of Nov.16

Sales have dropps by 13k$ since august. (24% drop)

$CAD items do not have the same visibility as expected.

Entire day without any messages or sales, which have not happens before!

More, US sellers have another "tool" to smash up all international sellers:

Top-rated Plus items.

Those top-rated US sellers have the Top-rated status and top-rated items show on .ca

We, top-rated canadian sellers, don't have the visibility of top-rated staus or on items on .com and any other international ebay sites.

Event though you put an item on .com, in $USD, with top-rated Plus requirements, we don't have the top-rated plus status on the item.

Message 1323 of 1,448
latest reply

There are quite a few posts on the US boards about slower sales too so it doesn't seem be specifically a Canadian problem. 

I really don't know how much extra visibility a trs plus listings gets but we can receive it as long as we do meet the same requirements that US sellers have to meet. That's true whether we list on .ca or .com. I don't know if you are meeting the requirement of 90% uploaded tracking for US buyers but even if you are, many of your listings don't meet the trs plus requirements of 1 or same day handling and 30 day returns.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/top-rated.html

Message 1324 of 1,448
latest reply

I received today, an email from another canadian seller, about my youtube videos showing the migration tools problems.  Those videos was primarly put online to show the problem to Raphael from Ebay.

Since that time, no emails back, no answer back, nothing at all and the problem still there as of Nov.24th.

This seller experienced the same problem as me, and asking me for the solution.

No solution, no problems resolved, NO MORE SUPPORT FROM EBAY, not more follow up by Raphael...

They don't give any attention to our problems!  as usual

Just imagine if I treat my customer in the same way as ebay treat us.  Do what I told, not what I made....

Message 1325 of 1,448
latest reply

Some Sellers are marking items as "shipped" even Before they've shipped them out, in order to maintain Top Rated status. 

Totally unfair as I've been with ebay for almost 10 years and still am not given TRS even though I have a good Seller rating.

I will Not indicate items have been shipped until I have actually shipped them out.

By being honest with the Buyer, this Seller is being punished, or so it seems.

Message 1326 of 1,448
latest reply

As soon as a label is printed through PayPal or eBay, an item is marked as shipped by eBay so it has nothing to do with a seller being dishonest.  Sometimes I wrap up an item and print a label in the evening so that the package can be mailed first thing in the morning. I'm sure that many sellers do that.

Also, marking an item as shipped does not help to make a seller a trs.  In order to meet the shipment time requirement the tracking  has to show an acceptance scan within the sellers handling time or a delivery scan within the estimated delivery date.  Marking an item as shipped really does nothing for your status.

Im confused that you feel you are being punished because you already have global trs on your listings so you are receiving the discount. Like many Canadians you don't have a trs badge on the .com site but although you may be meeting some of the requirements, you arent meeting them all but regardlessof that, you still get the discount.

Message 1327 of 1,448
latest reply

I am not happy with this change.  My Sales to the US have dropped something terrible.  I wish we could list in US dollars, this has been disastrous for me. 
American buyers see the shipping in Canadian Dollars, on the Ebay.com shipping calculator, and are scared off by the higher numerical price. 

This has cut my sales in half, or more..  Disastrous..

Message 1328 of 1,448
latest reply

Same here: Sales have dropped of 20k$, (-45%) since August 2016. Drop 13k$ for the same period last year.

DISASTER !
Message 1329 of 1,448
latest reply

$CAD items visibility are TERRIBLE ! 

Still have 350 ads in $USD on 922 total ads.  Guess what ??  Items left in $USD still PERFOM BETTER than $CAD items.  Even though $CAD item are MUCH lower than the equivalent in $USD.  From both Canadian buyers and american ones.

Putting the item on .com in $USD becomes a nightmare.  No calculated shipping and flat rates can not be set for canadian buyers, as it cost 9$ to ship to my neighbor but it cost 28$ to ship the same item to Vancouver, BC (I am in Montréal,QC).  Same apply for international destinations.

I must go back 5 years ago, to see a day without sales.   Since August,  many many days did not got sales. 

When they told:  "canadian items performs more and got better visibility" I really don't know from where they take those numbers but this is , like any answers comming from the support...

Message 1330 of 1,448
latest reply

I agree! Listing on .com is rather difficult when it comes to inputting shipping charges

Currently I'm listing on both .ca and .com but anything I list on the .com side is just for flat rate shipping

Not much selling on either side right now ~ sales very sporadic

I have a number of items I know would sell faster if they were listed in USD but there's absolutely no way I can offer a flat rate shipping amount for items that must go by parcel rate.

Very discouraging!

Right now, things moving very slowly............

Message 1331 of 1,448
latest reply

just received this:  Happy new Year best gift !

Effective April 12, 2017, PayPal (I know they are now split in 2 distinctive cie) will be making two rate changes.

We are updating the fees that apply to Canadian sellers who sell to buyers located in the United States. This will result in an increase to some of your rates. Your new rate will be an additional 0.80% per transaction (i.e. 3.7% + fixed fee) when the buyer is located in the United States.

Message 1332 of 1,448
latest reply

@sleco69 wrote:

just received this:  Happy new Year best gift !

Effective April 12, 2017, PayPal (I know they are now split in 2 distinctive cie) will be making two rate changes.

We are updating the fees that apply to Canadian sellers who sell to buyers located in the United States. This will result in an increase to some of your rates. Your new rate will be an additional 0.80% per transaction (i.e. 3.7% + fixed fee) when the buyer is located in the United States.

That change to 3.7% happened last April.  American sellers have always paid 3.9% for sales to Canadians so we are still paying slightly less.

i think the change that they are referring to  is that they are no longer going to have the volume discount for those with merchant accounts. 

Message 1333 of 1,448
latest reply

Did I say "things were moving slowly"?

Even slower ~ somebody buy a tombstone!  Ebay is dead!!

Message 1334 of 1,448
latest reply

Forgot to mention ~ Had to telephone ebay last week.  Could only speak to a "robot" who refused to put me through to an agent and finally told me to "hang up the phone"!  Go figure that one!!

Message 1335 of 1,448
latest reply

3-days without any sales or messages!!! Not happens since 10years ago !Average sales/week: 5k$ Average sale last week: 228$CAD
Message 1336 of 1,448
latest reply

Just another exemple showing $CAD item visibility vs. $USD visibilty.  Ebay lie to us when they said $CAD items performs more....

Same items, started both on Dec.02nd 2015, one in $USD, one in $CAD.

see the numbers by yourself on my screen capture:

the red circles are the #of views, then the item watchers.... It is more than clear !

Message 1337 of 1,448
latest reply

Another evidence exemple visibility $CAD/$USD on item that is specific for european & australian market for current at 230V 50Hz cycle...the market is outside .com and .ca

Message 1338 of 1,448
latest reply

$CAD item have been view 19.5% of $USD item views
Message 1339 of 1,448
latest reply

And ebay doesn't seem to care! (as I said before, somebody buy a tombstone ~ ebay.ca is dead or slowly dying)

Message 1340 of 1,448
latest reply