Seller not refunding my money

hi,

i need help, i opened a case back in september because a seller did not refund me. He then at the end of september said he would so i could close the case. Now we are in November and no money. I cant access his email and no way of contacting ebay.The resolution centre is a waste of time. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Seller not refunding my money

The seller scammed you. When he persuaded you to close the dispute, you lost all chance of being refunded through eBay/Paypal.

If you had left the case open, either he would have refunded you through the case, and got his selling fees back and no black mark on his selling record, or PP would have refunded you from their pocket and gone after him for the money. He would also get that black mark.

No case, no reason to refund. PP/eBay assumes you are satisfied when you close the case.

It's very late but....

If you use Paypal to pay from your credit card, call the customer service number for the card and ask about a chargeback. They have deadlines so do this immediately.

You have up to 60 days to leave feedback. The most effective feedback is calm and factual. At the same time you will be asked to leave Detailed Seller Ratings. A normal transaction get Five Stars. The lowest rating is ONE Star. No stars is a freepass. A seller whose DSRs drop below 4.3 finds his ability to list and sell on eBay severely restricted.

You can leave a Response to any feedback indefinitely. Yours or the Seller's. The most effective Responses are  calm and factual.

I hope this learning experience did not cost you a lot of money.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

If you opened a case with Paypal you should get your money back, it takes a while. If you view your case and have it

escalated to a claim which I always do when I don't get a reply for the seller, it should state clearly when the claim is

being solved. If you miss the deadline to escalate to a claim Paypal cannot help you, I learned my lesson the hard way and

give only a couple of days or a week until I escalate.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yikes!!  Never close any case until you get a refund first.  If no refund, don't close the case, period!  This seller really scammed you real good!  Sorry about that.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@habby572013 wrote:

Any suggestions?

You should do as reallynicestamps suggested.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

yes they are right ... if you pay through PAYPAL than you can be sure if you nsist you will get your money refunded ... Paypal has direct access to the seller credit account.  not unless that seller has no money balance.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply