Shipping delays to New Zealand

Is it normal that Light Packet by Air mail of Canada Post takes more than one month to New Zealanad?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

No, it is unusual that it would take that long. If the buyer is complaining that they don't have the item after that amount of time, I would refund and ask them to let me know if/when the item arrives so that you can arrange for payment.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Sometimes things can take a long time. I just had a letter from ON to AB take over a month to arrive.......overseas can sometimes take a long time......

If it helps, here is a link to my thread on the form letters I use in these situations. I have a good conversion rate (ie the person does actually contact me afterward and pay again when the item does eventually arrive).

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/I-haven-t-received-my-item-or-Item-not-received-case-the-...

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

New Zealand & Australia Buyers have always been great & items usually arrive, via air, within a couple of weeks.

I guess packages go missing sometimes, but I would think, Rarely to those countries.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Hi. I shipped a saxophone to New Zealand using Canada Post and it took so long (almost 2 months) that the customer filed a problem report against me and I had to reimburse them. It finally arrived and the customer contacted me and we settled everything satisfactorily but it started out to be an unpleasant experience.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I am guessing that you might have used international Parcel Surface or Small Packets Surface. It can be risky to send anything overseas by surface as it can take 2 or 3 months.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Most of the time my lettermail, Light Packet and Small Packet Air shipments to Australia and New Zealand arrive within 2 weeks. But several have taken considerably longer. One book sent Light Packet to a major city in Australia arrived 6 months later. I had already refunded, of course. For some reason the buyer actually mailed the book back to me, also by air, and it took 4 months to arrive. That incredible almost one year round trip led to a well-traveled book, and it later went on to live in New Zealand!!!, thankfully arriving within the expected 2 weeks. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

6 months...that's incredible!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply