Shippo sucks

I tried it at the start and had problems my tracking numbers were not showing up post office did not know what to do went to paying cash for a month tried shippo again first day worked next day tracking number not showing up again no more shippo for me they suck went right to paypal and paid and made lable like i use to do no problem bye bye shippo
Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: Shippo sucks

This is an issue with communication between the postal outlet and Canada post..... not Shippo. If they enter the label as being from a supplier account it should scan without a problem. I've had zero problems with mine being scanned.

Message 21 of 36
latest reply

I waited 20 minutes at the post office yesterday only to have the shipping label not work. I contacted Shippo support and was told to try this "supplier account." Went back and waited another 20 minutes in line, the clerk tried it and it DID NOT WORK.

I had to print a new shipping label from the Canada Post website and go back and wait in line a third time to be able to ship my parcel.

This is my second time trying Shippo, the first time I tried it the rates wre more than double the proper rates. I will never use Shippo again.
Message 22 of 36
latest reply

This is my second time trying Shippo, the first time I tried it the rates wre more than double the proper rates. I will never use Shippo again.

That doesn't make sense as the rates on Shippo are either less or the same as Canada Post  when you use your CP small business account. Are you sure you used the same service? Or...CP was having some type of promo that Shippo wasn't but it still wouldn't be double the price.

Message 23 of 36
latest reply

Argh, it gets worse. Despite Canada Post refusing to accept the parcel with the Shippo shipping label, the tracking number shows that it was accepted by Canada Post. Because of that Shippo denied my request to refund the label. 

I guess I just have to put in an insurance claim for when Canada Post "loses" the parcel that doesn't exist. 

Message 24 of 36
latest reply

> That doesn't make sense as the rates on Shippo are either less or the same as Canada Post  when you use your CP small business account.

I have no idea what happened TBH, it must have been a glitch of some sort. It didn't happen with my second parcel. 

It came back at like $45 for a parcel within Canada, I've shipped enough that I knew it was high and checked Canada Post and it was more like $20. 

Message 25 of 36
latest reply

@ajdelore wrote:

> That doesn't make sense as the rates on Shippo are either less or the same as Canada Post  when you use your CP small business account.

I have no idea what happened TBH, it must have been a glitch of some sort. It didn't happen with my second parcel. 

It came back at like $45 for a parcel within Canada, I've shipped enough that I knew it was high and checked Canada Post and it was more like $20. 

Maybe you entered inches instead of cm? That would explain the price difference....

Message 26 of 36
latest reply

When I ship I still get the same attitude from Canada Post. "Your the only one we have problems with" They eventually get it by typing in something.  The quick scan has NEVER worked. Also if that machine doesn't beep I cannot see the progress of the delivery.

Also it seems everything is underpaid lately? On the last item I checked the higher weight and it was the same cost. Yet I get an underpaid. It's at the low end of the weight scale. 

They still don't have phone service and it looks like they never will. 

Sign me up for the get rid of Shippo petition.

Message 27 of 36
latest reply

Simple answer = Don't use Shippo if you are so unhappy with it.

I never signed up for it, have never used it.

I still use PayPal integrated with my Canada Post Solutions for Small Business  Account which gives a small discount, remains quick & easy to use, labels immediately paid through PayPal = still the best solution for my shipping needs.

Message 28 of 36
latest reply

Scanning issues are a CANADA POST problem. Stupid computer input screen design makes it easy for clerks to pick the wrong page when doing a scan. They need to be on the screen for SA/CF -- Supplier Account.

If the Canada Post employee is blaming you for the problem -- then they are need of some proper customer service training.

Shippo email: ebay-ca-support@goshippo.com

I have always had quick responses to problems. At least via email you are dealing with someone familiar with the Shippo system instead of a farmed out support worker in a distant call centre.

I use Shippo, PayPal, SnapShip, EST Online and over-the-counter (in that order of  priority). They all have issues from time to time.

-..-

Message 29 of 36
latest reply

I'm shipping a very small item in a small padded bubble mailer. I calculated on the Canada Post website that the shipping cost would be $3. Using the Shippo site, there is NO option for a bubble mailer envelope, and the least expensive shipping option is $12.62. WTH?

I don't know why anyone would want to use Shippo. It's doesn't work.

Message 30 of 36
latest reply

If you are sending something in a bubble envelope that has a shipping cost of $3...that would indicate oversize letter rate = NO labels can be printed for oversize letter . Shippo is telling you the cost would be 12.62 because Shippo cannot produce a label for oversize letter and is quoting you shipping costs  for a rate category for which it can produce a shipping label, whether that be Expedited Parcel for Canada or Small Packet for USA/International.  If you are shipping at oversize letter  rate you don't need Shippo anyway...what you need are those things called "STAMPS"!

Message 31 of 36
latest reply

I don't know what quick scan is but when I take my packages to the outlet they always have to type in a few things...I don't think that is unusual?

For underpaid items...If you are using expedited that is based more on volume rather than weight so it is really important to make sure that the length, width etc is correct.   That isn't a Shippo problem.

Message 32 of 36
latest reply

@balance100462wrote:

I'm shipping a very small item in a small padded bubble mailer. I calculated on the Canada Post website that the shipping cost would be $3. Using the Shippo site, there is NO option for a bubble mailer envelope, and the least expensive shipping option is $12.62. WTH?

I don't know why anyone would want to use Shippo. It's doesn't work.

Someone here might be able to help you if you are having other problems printing labels.  I haven't had any issues with Shippo in a long time.
Message 33 of 36
latest reply

OMG ....I am so frustrated with Shippo ....no

one to help you ....They so SUCK

Message 34 of 36
latest reply

This is a thread from 2017. Someone here may be able to help but it would best to start your own thread and explain what the problem is.

Message 35 of 36
latest reply

zombie thread from 2017

The problem with zombie threads is that the problems and advice may be out of date or incorrect.

@happy_pigeon
Message 36 of 36
latest reply